Lowe's Customer Service Associate III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate III Interview Questions

2.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was brought back to a meeting room and then into an office was I was asked a series of questions and then hired on the spot. The interviewer was very calm and understanding. The interview took around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a couple days later to come in for face to face interview. HR manager was very friendly. Once going through about seven behavior/experience questions, he asked if I had questions for him. He said they would make their decision over the weekend and call everyone back. They called back on Monday to let me know that they gave the position to an internal candidate, but would like to offer me a position as a seasonal cashier. Went ahead and accepted offer, which I was then asked to come in for a drug test. She said that the orientation would be in a week.

Interview Questions

• All questions that were asked were the same as listed from previous posts on Glassdoor. I went though and typed all questions that were asked in previous interviews and applied my experience and feelings to each question. Once in the interview, I was able to quickly respond with detailed answers.
      The only question that I had not seen on Glassdoor which threw me off was, "Tell me about a time you had to help others to get away from an unsafe situation?" I told the HR manager that I could explain a time that I had to inform my employer of a situation that was legally unsafe for the company and needed immediate attention. He said that would be fine.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (West Sacramento, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HRM and ASM. Generic situational questions. They gave vague responses and did not elaborate on job duties when asked. Have a scoring system. Pretty simple, was hired with no in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake while working and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rancho Cordova, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers each with a scripted set of interview questions. Each rated the response to "tell me about...." Very subjective and totally unrelated to the position. Was told that another candidate scored a couple points higher.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
      Why do you want this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brick, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR primarily included a review of a fairly generic job description. This was followed by a sit down with an ASM who asked situational questions off of a form. Later, they did a drug screen via a saliva test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how the situation resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told my pay rate was determined by the computer making it entirely democratic. No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Ware, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ware, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and rather unnecessary. To be honest, Home Depot's Interview Process is much more simple and to the point. Some questions asked seem redundant or seem to have more than one answer, but in the end the test is really designed to determine your knowledge and decision making skills.

Interview Questions

• When helping answer a customer's question, how should you proceed to assist them?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interviewed by two assistant store managers, one of which took probably 10 calls on her cell phone during the interview. It seemed like they were just going through the motions, not really responding to how I answered their questions, which they were reading from a script. I was not impressed, and if I do get an offer, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized, how you responded, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

you will 1st be interviewed by HR and a associate manager, then 2nd by store manager, questions focus on personal experiences where you deal with a particular situation and how you handle such situation, 3 people will be interviewed for any position, the best interview gets the job unless no one gave satisfactory interview. If you have a friend in the company it will give you more pull. Best advice...be sure that you will be available to work 24/7.

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell a product from a sister department over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on position.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Toledo, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring is all done online. Submit your app and wait to hear back. The questions were all very basic and there was not much room for a dialogue, the interviewer just went question to question without really asking much more. The questions were not ever arranged in a way to make the interview a discussion to understand my personality.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your prior retail experience? Do you have knowledge of home repair or construction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Raleigh, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied though corporate on-line application. Local store human resource manager called to arrange interview. All interviews in one day at local store, HR interview typical background questions, evaluating ability to deal with customer demands, work well with others and availability to work any shift seemed most important. Tour of store with opportunity to speak briefly with workers. Individuall Interview with two Asisstant Store managers. Questioned to evaluate personal work ethic, sense of responsiblilty, work experience, skills form prior work. The people spoke professionally with a desire to get to know me as an individual. The office space was limited but fuctional and adaquate. The store overall was clean, workers wseemed friendly and moved about their rsponsibilities with little supervison.

Interview Questions

• You suspect an employee is stealing petty things from the store, you have no proof, what action do you take?   1 Answer
    • You have a good working relationship with a guy and are becomming buddies. He has been helpful showing you the ropes. He runs the forklift into a rack support and bends it. It should be reported to the supervisor but he asks you not to because he turned over a Refrigerator last week. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied knowing there was an opening in one sales department but though interviewing I learned there was an opening in another department that I beleived was a better fit for my abilities and was assigned to that department. I was not able to negotiate a specific weekly morning off with the managers but after being hired could usually find someone capable of swapping hours for that morning and management would approve the change on a weekly basis.