Lowe's Customer Service Associate IV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate IV Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Stockbridge, GA).

Interview

Applied online. Gotta call back about 2 weeks later for interview. Interviewed with HR Manager then Assistant Manager of Department. 8 simple questions explaining previous work experience and customer interactions.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Simi Valley, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Through HR to Store Manager. Quick standard questions.The Manager and I had shared job locations when I worked for Wal Mart and he worked for Sam's Club in Oxnard. Brief overview of job title and duties. Little to nothing about evaluations, training and advancement.

Interview Questions

• what did I like about last job.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview

initially very friendly and personable, after that for new position, redundant, after the initial time. The HR Mgr and Store Manager are very down to earth and intelligent people.

Interview Questions

• name something a customer wanted to purchase that the store didn't carry and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

Interview

Experience based questions. "Tell me about at time......" Very laid back

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you sold something, where did you work, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. One with HR one with a ASM. Simple Q&A. Most of the questions are to determine how you act and react to given situations. If your good at BSing you can easily convince the HR and ASM you will be a great asset to the company/store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you ran into a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Computer test....simple math and ethics questions

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation limited, but I had successful background in the business

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

3 step interview process. First, you sit in the Human Resources manager and are asked initial qualification questions. Second, you sit in with a department manager and are asked some more in depth questions about your experience. Lastly, you sit in the store manager, along with the department manager and HR manager, and answer questions pertaining to hypothetical situations that relate similarly to the questions asked previously. These interviews don't always happen at one time either. They could happen all in one day, or all on different days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when had a difficult task to handle with a company and very little time to get it done. How did you accomplish this task, how did you handle the stress, and what are your complaints about this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Haverhill, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Haverhill, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview process is very thorough almost to the point of excessive. First interview was with HR. Then I had to go back to meet with the department head, and then for an additional interview with the store manager. Once offered the job, drug test is mandatory.

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of experience. Why do you want to be a cashier?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. for such a basic position, they just advised what I would be making.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cary, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

HR manager interview, then interviewed with the store manager. Pretty basic questionaire that both are reading from and scoring you right in front of you. Not too stressful because you can tell they aren't really interested in what you're saying. Totally depends on who you end up interviewing with though, I've worked in a few different stores and the level of professionalism among managers varies greatly.

Interview Questions

• A lot of customer service "tell me about a time" kind of things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate, but the whole formula was pretty much explained to justify the offer. Prior big box retail experience helped, and a college degree helped as well. I don't think they even have the ability to offer more, as they have had to cut back a lot on raises and payroll recently.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

Will only hire part time now, full time positons are only for management. Process from submitting an application can take 2-3 months before they offer you a job

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation where you were in charge or a leader and how you handled the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available you take what they offer to you. If you ask for more they will offer the position to the next person that they interviewed.