Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bartow, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Online format, then "tax benefit" questionnaire, and in person interview,,, Felt completely blown off by the Assistant Store Manager, as they seemed to be more concerned with having their "free-time" to "escape and hide" from their duties.ASM made it clear that I was over qualified and would not be hired, but needed to have a minimal number of interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brandon, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

HR called me asking me basic questions then gave me a date to meet them. Once there I got a 1 on 1 interview by an assistant manager asking questions about my self. Then from a list of different questions I had to answer a verity of questions based on different situations ehich then he wrote down right answer I gave under each question.

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Carthage, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Lowe’s contacted me several days after I applied and invited me to the store for an interview with HR and my potential manager. The interview with HR was very laid-back, casual, and pleasant. After a few minutes, I was completely at ease. It was definitely one of my better interview experiences. After I was done with HR, I talked with the manager, who was also nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself advancing positions in the company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Long. Going through the interview first with HR,then with ASM and then with store manager. Overall it was a simple interview. If you've worked in retail it's really just more of the same. If you're applying for a pro position they're is a small knowledge test to see if you're qualified to give advice. It's pretty basic. They do oral swabbing for drug screening during the process.

Interview Questions

• About how I've handle customer conflict in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tomball, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Called for interview, Spoke to ASM for interview, Was asked normal what would type of questions, Called in next day for drug test, Then received date of first day for work.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time where you had a disgruntled customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schererville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Schererville, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Went through two interviews. One on the phone and one in person. They were both relatively easy with the first asking basic questions about yourself and your experience. My first interview went well so they set me up for a second and prepared me ahead of time for some of the questions they would ask. It was a great process and really helped me nail my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to work to complete a project that normally isn't apart of your assigned duties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Goose Creek, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Goose Creek, SC).

Interview

The interview was very brief and it was not a one on one interview. There were about 10 people in the interview. We were not asked any questions about our past job experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview

When I first got there, I sat with the HR who asked me a series of questions that were along the lines of asking me to tell them about a time I dealt with a mad customer, and other questions similar to it..I think sat down with the store manager who reviewed the questions, asked me more questions, got to know me more, and that was it. Be ready for a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Salem, NH) in February 2012.

Interview

I met with the with Human Resources person first. We discussed the position and company policy.

Another day I met with the store Manager. I asked me several standard questions and wrote the answers down.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Middletown, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally applied online for a seasonal part time position in Outside Lawn and Garden. Currently have been at the store almost two years, I've interviewed for Appliances Specialist, SOS/Credit Coordinator, Home Decor full-time, Installed Sales Coordinator, Head Cashier, and Customer Service desk full time. All the interview questions for each position were similar if not word-for-word. Depending on the position, you first get called by HR, are told a bit about the position (expected amount of hours per week, availability, previous experience), and if you are still interested you get an Interview with an ASM and (usually) the Dept Manager. Sometimes HR will do the interview. The interviewer goes through the same worksheet of questions for all of the aforementioned position. You are then called and given an offer contingent on passing a background check and drug test (mouth swab).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a potentially unsafe situation at work, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you felt pressured by others to bend the rules at work   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job duties to help a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you needed to use a high degree of accuracy to accomplish a goal   Answer Question