Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017

2.3

258 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

It was a very casual interview. I had one interview with the HR manager and one interview with the store manager. I had both interviews in one day but usually they are on two separate occasions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Simple, started through there packet of situational questions and went from one to the next. Previous situations with difficult clients or customers, how you solved the problem. Also, how you handled the unpleasant experience in a professional manner

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw a coworker doing something they should not be doing and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Five questions that were situational, such as if you were in this situation what would you do. Then I was called a week later to come in and do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Holmdel, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call to arrange an interview the next day, and conducted the interview the day after that. I was offered the position at the end of the interview, which was very short (ten minutes at most). The manager conducting the interview was polite and professional. Most questions asked about situations in the past that exemplified some trait that the company was looking for in its employees. At the end of the interview I was tested for drug use by an oral swab, and had to go through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past when you had to explain a difficult process to someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gallatin, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief questions related to how to handle customer interaction. As well as questions pertaining to personality. Questions pertaining to lifting objects that exceed 50lbs. Questioned on if said hire would submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task that you felt you could not overcome? Where you able to overcome the task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sulphur, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sulphur, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is fairly easy. General work experience related questions are asked. If you are offered a job, a drug test and background check is performed.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of teamwork you've established at a past job?   Answer Question
    • In a past job, what did you do to avoid an unsafe situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

The application was easy to complete. The in-person interview was pleasant and professional. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was conducted by one of the Assistant Store Manager and consisted of several standardized questions. I was given plenty of time to gather my thoughts and answer. Preferred answer was to share something specific from my past experience. Excellent process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to explain a detailed process to another.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Springfield, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Seemed like they were able to get me quickly scheduled for an interview after I applied online. I was able to meet with HR person and Assistant Store Manager for interview. I went over my past experience related to jobs in customer service, but also personal experiences related to home improvement.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have with plumbing and/or electrical, because that is the area we need someone right now.   1 Answer
    • how have i dealt with a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Marrero, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online July 17, 2017 and I had an interview with the ASM on July 27, 2017. I answered 8 questions and i did a drug test & background check. Just waiting for a phone call now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above & beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

During the interview, I was asked about my schedule and when I could be available. Thankfully, my Lowe's store is willing to be very flexible with scheduling. I was then asked eight, situational-type questions. From my understanding this is how most stores do their interview process, so be sure to go into as much detail as possible. If you don't have any prior work experience, tell them what you would do in given situations if you were to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question
    • Q: "Describe a time at work or school where you were involved in a potentially dangerous situation"   Answer Question
    • Q: "Describe a time where you had to work as a team with your coworkers."   Answer Question