Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.3

249 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wood Village, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wood Village, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application. I got called the next day to set up an interview. It was a one-on-one interview with an assistant manager. I was asked 7 situational questions. Got an email 10 days with an offer for a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary offered was $11.42 based on experience and Lowe's pay scale.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Salem, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the supervising manager and a senior associate for the interview. Both were nice and friendly and said they appreciated my business attire The questions on the interview questionnaire were tough to answer and a few of the questions needed more detail or clarification. I felt like the general scenarios depended on the situation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to Lowe's?
      Have you ever had a time when you disagreed with someone while working together on a project?
      Have you ever had a time when you had to ensure the safety of others and what you did you do in the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

3 interviews. 1 with Hr the next with ASM the last with store manager.
    it is all about helping customers and working well in a team. Having experience on the power equipment is a plus. You should mention key words like lowes credit card, other stuff like porch.com, and about their hero program. Make sure you answer each question with providing the impact method.

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Somerset, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an assessment that took about 30 minutes. I got a call about a week later for an interview. After the interview I got a call 3 days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when a customer yells at you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Southern Pines, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Good interview, pretty standard one-on-one interview with lead HR Manager. Started with review of resume and questions about overall qualifications and relevance to Lowe's position. Specific questions based on selling skills and ability.
    Pre-Interview, consisted of online application and pre qualification survey. The overall experience was good, wrapped up by asking me to list where I would feel most comfortable working.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer to find the specific product they were looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase, they have limited adjustment ability for pay or benefits. At least at initial hire, when renegotiating more flexibility is available.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, multiple times and even calling without getting an interview. Finally, someone from the inside talked to a manager about me. I got an interview and an offer in the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Pooler, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast interview, week long training. Drug testing and equipment training. They asked what you know and can contribute to the company. They ask about wjat area you are applying for. Very easy to sit down and just talk.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Syracuse, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was different but I enjoyed it.I've never had a interview electronic before.but it does relieve some pressure. Using the phone made it a little difficult,but your system made it easier. The questions were not difficult but tipicle

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The Hiring manager brings you back to their office and introduces themselves. They look at your application and your availability and your experience. They ask you about your prior work history and if you have experience working in a home improvement store. They are listening to how you speak, how you look, and how you present yourself. After the interview they explain they will offer you the position or tell you that they have a few more interviews to conduct and they will get back to you.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer out if they asked you about something you weren't familiar with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (California, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I was initially greeted by HR, and after a short wait, an Assistant Store Manager led me to the interview room. The ASM asked several questions about my previous retail experience as well as some roleplay with hypothetical customer interactions. After this I was offered a position, which I accepted. Then, a background check and cheek swab drug test were performed before discussing scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled customer disputes at past retail positions?   Answer Question