Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask you questions related to customer service and not how to safely operate a 25000 lb vehicle, so if you have no experience driving a truck here's your chance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Easy questions, interviewed with two people. Got the offer directly after interviewing. Had to take mouth swab drug test. Started the next week with orientation then got thrown right in the mix.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2016.

Interview

Seems more like a test then an Interview. This is how it is even for employees that already work for the company also. There is a minimum 3 people Interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with. That's how every question is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaither, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gaither, MD).

Interview

A scant few questions dealt with delivery and driving; most applied to in-store selling, customer service, irate customer handling, dishonesty, morality, theft, ethics, etc. HR posted questions and summarized the replies, wrote them into the answer form.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?
      How would you steer a customer towards purchasing a product?
      How would you coax a customer into purchasing one of our products instead of going to the competition?
      How would you deal with customer claims of price-matching?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Show Low, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer gave me a hypothetical situation and asked me to give him an example from me experience to relate how I had handled it. He gave me what seemed like a long list of scenarios and had me tell him how I would deal with each type of situation.

Interview Questions

• If the customer has a problem with the delivery, what would you to handle the situation   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an argumentative customer ?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will get fellow employees to give you a hand if you need assistance with an assignment or task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Utica, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and submitted my application. Got a call from the HR and set up a day/time in the store. Went to interview with the HR, then immediately after interviewed with the ASM.

Interview Questions

• It was your "Tell me a time when questions". They are not hard to answer and in my opinion they are not looking for exact answers, they are looking more for your customer/communication skills and your body language. By no means assume that this is what they are looking for, it is just my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation... They offered and I accepted

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and painless. You're asked a few background questions about the position you're being hired for just to see if you qualify. Basic how would you handle different customer related issues and things like that. Then they let you know that you wont be performing much of what you're being hired for instead. you'll be performing a multitude of other duties that you may not be trained for and that you'll have to learn them on the fly and from someone who may know less about the job than you. Next they asked, when can you start?

Interview Questions

• That question is always the same for me, what are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I ask for industry comparable wages for the job and my experience, they declined. I accepted the job, left the negotiation table under paid and over worked.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chico, CA).

Interview

Called in for an interview with HR manager. Then called in another day to interview with Assistant managers and eventually to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate pay.

Anonymous Employee in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sikeston, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Crazy, non-relevant questions, had no connection to anything that you do on the job. Was offered a job on the spot after they learned I already had the right license.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to teach someone something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kingsville, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interview by a Hispanic lady who could barely read the dull questions from a print out. I pretty much eased threw that after helping her to complete a couple of her sentences of her questions...seeing she was struggling. I then talked to another person who was real cool. pretty much just talked to me like a person. Then i went sent to Quest, a doctors clinic, to take a drug test. Gave me a cup and sent me into the restroom alone to pee. I was however randomly drug screened this way about 8 times in less than 2 years.???

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a way you handled a stressful situation at work?   1 Answer