Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

When called for an interview with Lowes, be prepared to have three seperate interviews, loosely scripted, they will ask scripted questions about your prior work experience.. the questions are typical like ... tell me a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve the issue. or tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. Bottom line, they are not hard, just be honest... if you cant think of anything right away ask them to move on and be thinking about it.. Lowes has pretty talented HR people and management, they are pretty down to earth... my interviews (ive had two series of them now because I transfered) were pretty laid back, informal.. dont be nervous these are working people just like you,

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a particularly difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation"   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the end, I was offered their top starting pay for my position, be prepared to highlight your past experience whether professional or general customer service/sales skills.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Niles, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was full of supposed questions. It seemed as though the interviewer had a list of pre-canned questions to choose from, describing different scenarios followed by a question of what I would do in that situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lansing, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Was called in and met with the human resources person, brief interview about 30 min., then was directly sent to interview with the store manager, lassted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• How have your directly made someone feel special during a sale?   Answer Question

schedule was too variable. They deliver from 6:00 am to around 10;00 or 11;00 pm.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call from HR couple days later. Interview with HR and Assistant Manager at the same time with the typical customer service situational questions. Above and beyond customer service? Difficult customer? Someone criticized your work? Then I had an interview with Store Manager the next day which is more of a why should I hire you type of process. Called almost a week later to offer position. Background check and employment verification took a long time. They will call every reference, one per employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond customer service?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer? what was the situation, what actions did you take, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were criticized on your work, How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to sell something? What sales strategies did you use?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received information from a supervisor, employee, or customer that was unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lima, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. About thirty minutes each with two different people on two different days. Then back ground check and a drug test too. Had to keep calling to make sure that everything was being processed right.

Interview Questions

• When asked to work overtime, not a problem, bet to cut hours for the store, at the end of the week, they send you home early so you can not bank the overtime you were asked to work.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Not very long, basic questions about safety, and scenarios you might have encountered in the past, getting pass bad situations. There were a total of five questions which took approximately 20 minutes altogether. They drug test the drivers when you get hired and at random thereafter. They also ask what are your motivations to work, which to me says that you will be reliable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you learned something from a mistake you made.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowe's (Arnold, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Sat down with the human resources manager and answered questions then answered questions with thw assistant store manager. I do not remember a oot about the specifics about what questions were asked. Its not a very complicated interview. Im just trying to get to the 30 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to be out of the store without direct supervision. Name a time in your work experience when you worked without any supervision. Describe what happened.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Whitehall, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very easy to get in as long as you are not asking for a decent wage.Asked if i was criminal or thought of Hurting someone.Also asked if i was easily brain washed.

Interview Questions

• How much are you asking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Springfield, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview primarily focused on customer service related issues. There were a handful of "what if" scenarios for conflict resolution purposes. Also, the job would require multiple weekend shifts.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an irate customer? If so, what was the situation and how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Show Low, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer gave me a hypothetical situation and asked me to give him an example from me experience to relate how I had handled it. He gave me what seemed like a long list of scenarios and had me tell him how I would deal with each type of situation.

Interview Questions

• If the customer has a problem with the delivery, what would you to handle the situation   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an argumentative customer ?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will get fellow employees to give you a hand if you need assistance with an assignment or task?   Answer Question