Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Not very long, basic questions about safety, and scenarios you might have encountered in the past, getting pass bad situations. There were a total of five questions which took approximately 20 minutes altogether. They drug test the drivers when you get hired and at random thereafter. They also ask what are your motivations to work, which to me says that you will be reliable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you learned something from a mistake you made.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask you questions related to customer service and not how to safely operate a 25000 lb vehicle, so if you have no experience driving a truck here's your chance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Easy questions, interviewed with two people. Got the offer directly after interviewing. Had to take mouth swab drug test. Started the next week with orientation then got thrown right in the mix.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2016.

Interview

Seems more like a test then an Interview. This is how it is even for employees that already work for the company also. There is a minimum 3 people Interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with. That's how every question is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaither, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gaither, MD).

Interview

A scant few questions dealt with delivery and driving; most applied to in-store selling, customer service, irate customer handling, dishonesty, morality, theft, ethics, etc. HR posted questions and summarized the replies, wrote them into the answer form.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?
      How would you steer a customer towards purchasing a product?
      How would you coax a customer into purchasing one of our products instead of going to the competition?
      How would you deal with customer claims of price-matching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Show Low, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer gave me a hypothetical situation and asked me to give him an example from me experience to relate how I had handled it. He gave me what seemed like a long list of scenarios and had me tell him how I would deal with each type of situation.

Interview Questions

• If the customer has a problem with the delivery, what would you to handle the situation   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an argumentative customer ?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will get fellow employees to give you a hand if you need assistance with an assignment or task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Utica, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and submitted my application. Got a call from the HR and set up a day/time in the store. Went to interview with the HR, then immediately after interviewed with the ASM.

Interview Questions

• It was your "Tell me a time when questions". They are not hard to answer and in my opinion they are not looking for exact answers, they are looking more for your customer/communication skills and your body language. By no means assume that this is what they are looking for, it is just my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation... They offered and I accepted

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and painless. You're asked a few background questions about the position you're being hired for just to see if you qualify. Basic how would you handle different customer related issues and things like that. Then they let you know that you wont be performing much of what you're being hired for instead. you'll be performing a multitude of other duties that you may not be trained for and that you'll have to learn them on the fly and from someone who may know less about the job than you. Next they asked, when can you start?

Interview Questions

• That question is always the same for me, what are your weaknesses?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I ask for industry comparable wages for the job and my experience, they declined. I accepted the job, left the negotiation table under paid and over worked.

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lima, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. About thirty minutes each with two different people on two different days. Then back ground check and a drug test too. Had to keep calling to make sure that everything was being processed right.

Interview Questions

• When asked to work overtime, not a problem, bet to cut hours for the store, at the end of the week, they send you home early so you can not bank the overtime you were asked to work.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chico, CA).

Interview

Called in for an interview with HR manager. Then called in another day to interview with Assistant managers and eventually to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate pay.