Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.8

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resource manager and one of the assistant managers. They took turns asking questions they told me the more details I used the higher my score would be. Didn't think I got it but got a phone call an hour later offering the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was structured and had job specific questions. The rating was based on a 5-scale of completion. Total of eight questions that made up the full interview. At the end you were allowed to make comments regarding your credentials that best suited the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the ideal department look like to you at opening?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview with store manager and HR. They sit and ask you questions about your experiences. You answer questions. It lasts about an hour. Easy as long as you know what you are talking about. You want to at least have experience in Lowe's, it definitely helps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The process is similar to any interview process. It involves divulging personal experiences with situations given and your responses to those scenarios. The more specific you can be and the more detailed the account, the more favorably that it is looked upon. Also try to incorporate how the answer affects customers and the sales of the location.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in different scenarios type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highland Heights, Campbell, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Highland Heights, Campbell, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviews are general "Tell me about a time..." or "What would you do..." style questions. Interview was graded by HR and a store manager and highest score of the interviewees get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above and beyond to help someone.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was a series of behavioral based questions conducted in two interviews. The first interview was with the HR manager and the second interview was with an assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are pre scripted behavior. Such as, tell me about a time you.......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hot Springs, AR) in April 2014.

Interview

Job was posted and after 5 days the job posting was closed. I was told that I would have an interview. I was contacted by the Human Resource Manager and told when the interview would be held and on that date I met with her and an assistant store manager to conduct the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30 min with the HR manager and Store Manager. The asked about 6-7 interview questions. They were all situational questions like Tell me about time.... They read the questions off of a pamphlet. You're scored based on your answers and the interviewee with the best score is the one that "gets the job".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were responsible for ensuring the work of others was accurate and completed successfully.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was an online application which allowed you to submit a resume and cover letter along with questions on your education and prior work experience. This was followed by an interview with the assistant store manager and store manager asking alternating questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make a difficult decision with little information.   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps you would take when executing a long term project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a manager or peer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was not in the front of the store waiting for someone to start my interview. They were on time to start the interview. Staff was friendly and welcoming as I walked into the back room. The Store Manager made sure he met with me and introduced himself to me. As well as the Assistant Store Manager, who conducted the interview. SHe was friendly and nice as we spoke about my personal life and the direction lowes was going. She was very helpful with giving me information on benefits and the opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the Department???   1 Answer