Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   3 Answers
  • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   2 Answers
  • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   1 Answer
  • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Savannah, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The managers that was conducted the interview, was not professional. However, thier interviews was a waste of time because 99.4 percent of the time is spent trying to confirm whatever impression the interviewer formed in the first ten seconds

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have two or more project to completed at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a fairly average interview process based on what you know and past job experience. They will make you think and test your skills on how you think you are as an associate in your past jobs.

Interview Questions

• Have you every lead a team before?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Initial interview was conducted by store manager & the current manager of the department of which the interview is for. Took approximately 30 minutes, where they took turns asking questions & wrote the answers as I was answering them. It was very comfortable & easy conversation. I received a call the next day with an offer contingent on satisfactory outcome of drug & background screening. They also assured me that if my current employer cut me lose when I notified them I was leaving to call asap that they would put me on the schedule immediately. (MY employer does not usually permit anyone to submit or complete a notice period at all)

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had to make a quick decision based on limited details   Answer Question
    • Do you like your current manager & what is your relationship like, name a situation you had a difference of opinion & how you handled that.   Answer Question
    • Describe your current position and what you do in a days work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate the offer due to the offer being more than I was willing to accept. I also was concerned about advancement & was ensured that they encourage continued growth & I would advance at a pace of my own deciding.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Champaign, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had one interview with the HR Manager and Store Manager. They took turns asking 5 or 6 corporate mandated questions. After those the store manager asked me 2 or 3 other very easy questions. I was fully prepared for the interview by reading other post here on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• About 5 or 6, tell us about a time questions, like dealt with a difficult customer. Directed your team to accomplish a specific task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

process took 2 weeks; First was 1 on 1 with HR Manager where they ask you a little about yourself, the 8 company situational questions that is routine. the questions are here on glass door. Then 2 days later, if they like you, you will do a another 1on1 interview with the Assistant SM you will report to & the overall SM. They ask you more about yourself, where do you see yourself in a few years, what can you contribute to the store, etc.

Offered was made next day over phone. Asked for a night to think it over & counter offered. it was approved for 50 cents extra. never accept on the same day no matter which company, which position, or how desperate. Always counter offer within reason. Dress to kill, make the interview last long as possible, & always ask atleast 5-7 questions of your own at the end. This position pays 18-21 depending which state you live in. Training is 1 day orientation, some online classes & training in multiple stores within proximity.

Lowes has great culture, each box store is unique & totally different from one another . it's the luck of the lotto which culture or how great your management will be at any given box store.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a situation when you had conflicting information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mobile, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

The application was really simple and easy to fill out, and the interview process was very organized and confortable. The interviewers were very professional. They explained the job description in detail and let me know what I could expect. Then they ask if I accept before proceeding. The questions were challenging, but relevant to the position. The overall experience was pleasant. It like a family environment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a special task on top of your regular daily task.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Two in person interviews, one with HR and the other with the Assistant Store Manager in charge of the department for which you're applying. Conversational and straightforward. Generic customer service focused questions about helping people, and working with unhappy people. Make eye contact, speak confidently, and directly reference the IMPACT model at least once. Mentioning IMPACT in context is a free 10 points on their scale.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an unhappy customer or coworker.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2016.

Interview

Takes about 20 minutes in Interview. More if they like you. They ask you a multitude of questions which are listed below. Make sure you give them some of your customer service background if you have any. Really make sure your answers are not vague and have detailed explanations as to specific times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you put together a plan a project or work assignment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager or peer had a major difference in opinion on how something should be done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co worker.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask very detailed questions revolving around work experience. They are very detailed in specifics pertaining to each position applied for. There is an online assessment test that must be taken before.applyimg.to massive you can even qualify for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How have your led a group of people toward a specific goal.as a group?   Answer Question