Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask very detailed questions revolving around work experience. They are very detailed in specifics pertaining to each position applied for. There is an online assessment test that must be taken before.applyimg.to massive you can even qualify for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How have your led a group of people toward a specific goal.as a group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair, applied online and then sent recruiter a follow up email. Had an interview the next week and a job offer just over a week later

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you motivated others in a group setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered their offer by asking for the next bump in the pay scale for the position. Had to be approved by store manager. They agreed. Mean an additional $0.75/ hour and a higher base to begin from for each annual pay increase. Definitely worth the ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Whiteville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Called into office with Store Manager and HR. Interview was them asking situational questions and writing down a summary of my responses. Questions are typically "Tell me about a time...." and range from customer service, to cooperating with peers and co-workers, development and implementation of a plan, delegation of tasks, handling and resolving a situation based on limited or conflicting information, or how you handled a disagreement with a co-worker or manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a plan, and describe the process in which you did it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a standard interview held by 2 asst managers. Basic leadership questions were asked. Very easy. It took about 45 min from start to finish. They also talked about growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a difficult time with an employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Store manager and HR. I was asked questions by the Sm, HR, and a Ask. All were situational type guesting requiring details answers.Questions weren't difficult, but required a lot of thought.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a management decision. What did you do   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interview

There was one interview with two interviewers. 7 questions in total and they were all situational. Make sure to be detailed in your answer without babbling or getting off topic. Your responses are rated and the interviewee with the highest score will get the offer. They have to interview at least 3 candidates to interview or HR will re-post the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a project with little or conflicting information. What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Roanoke, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, received phone call for interview within one week. Interview was with Store manager and Assistant manager. Questions were just like previous reviewers have given example: Tell me about a time that you sold something. I was told that they were making a decision at the end of the week and that I would hear back from them, it felt positive. I sent a Thank you letter.

Never heard another thing from them, just disappeared. I expected at least a form letter in the mail but nothing, rather unprofessional I thought.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you sold something   Answer Question
    • Tele about a time that you put together a plan for a project or work assignment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bastrop, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informative of Company goals and future. Interview was very well conducted by Store mgr and Asst Store Mgr. Very professional. Very Knowledgeable. During the Interview process they made me feel like this would be a great place to work and that Customers were always treated with the utmost respect. I would recommend Lowes as a decent place to work.

Interview Questions

• What I felt was a major part in giving great Customer service ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, OH

Interview

Went into interview with hr director and GM, both were at the same desk! Interview was fast and fair! Told me that I got the job! Background check came back and was told I had a questionable past. Referring to a SL charge when I was 15? Did not receive job

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Palm Coast, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

SM & ASM ask scripted questions. I was taken to break room and asked to read and sign some documents. Then interviewed by SM & ASM in thier office. Basic scenario type questions. Overall I was there for a good hour and twenty minutes. Nothing special. Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had an issue with your boss. What was it? And how did you resolve it?   Answer Question