Lowe's Department Manager Lowes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Department Manager Lowes Interview Questions

2.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Carrolltn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Carrolltn, MD).

Interview

Pretty straight forward retail interview, no real surprises. If you have ever gone through any other interview you will be just fine. Be ready to have at least 2 people in the room during the interview though, that's very common.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a communication from the HR manager to schedule an interview. I went to the store for the interview which included the HR manager and the ASM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a peer or supervisor had a disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Western, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Western, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview with ASM Zone Manager, The other with HR. They used me for the 3rd interview. They already knew who they wanted. I am an internal employee. The entire process was a dog and pony show. A complete waste of my own time. They wonder why they have the lowest EOS scores in the region. After six weeks I had to call them. That is the last time I will apply for a Dept. Mgr position with Lowes. Unfortunately, that's how they also treat top-performers within the company.

Interview Questions

• The typical "tell me about a time" questions that are all found on Glassdoor. They have not changed   1 Answer

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Interview

The interview process actually starts with the application. After completing the basic personal information you will be taken to a questions and answer portion. There are no right or wrong answers but it does look at consistency. Depending on how you do with this will depend if you get a call or not. If you get a call then you fall into a basic three interview process.Initial interview was with the HR manager. They will ask you a series of questions that will reflect on your skills, knowledge and abilities(SKA). The next interviewer will be an assistant manager who will try to dig deeper on your SKA. The store manager will be your final interview. You will get asked several question that are the same but worded differently and on occasion it may be the same question asked 3 different times from 3 different people. Have multiple answer. Know what you are interviewing for and have your answers revolve around customer service.

Interview Questions

• All questions start with "Tell me about a time"   1 Answer

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Everything you read here on glassdoor about the interview process is exactly what takes place during the interview! So pay attention to what you read, write down as many questions that you see and practice. The interview was slightly difficult but definently can be passed having thought out some scenarios to the questions beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time...How would you handle...type of questions. Lots of people have added the exact questions so write those all down and practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, I gladly accepted. The pay is generous in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gordonsville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gordonsville, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online with my Resume that was rewritten by Hire Heroes. I submitted it in the morning and was called for an interview that afternoon. Interviewed the next afternoon. 8 situational questions all read from a computer screen. Give honest detailed answers, there is no story score, it's all content.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with a superior.....   1 Answer
    • How have you handled conflict between two fellow employees...........   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Athens, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Lots of tell me about a time questions. Interview by HR person and Assistant Manager. They were friendly.They alternated reading from a prepared list of questions and scoring my responses. They advised me not to worry that weren't looking at me, as they were taking notes. Glassdoor's practice questions helped me prepare for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a two employees who didn't get along.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horseheads, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Horseheads, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied, received call from HR. Set up interview. At interview all of the questions were situational. No normal interview questions. Everything was robotic, straight off a script. Then when they were done with those questions, I could ask questions. They seemed annoyed by questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you and your manager had a disagreement.
      Tell me a situation where you planned and executed a project.
      Tell me a situation where you had to resolve an issue/conflict with little information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

This might be the easiest interview you will ever do. Google department manager interview with lowes and you will find the 10 questions you will be asked. There is no reason not to be prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Google lowes department manager interview the 10 questions I found on glassdoor are the exact questions I was asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vacaville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview involves the HR Manager and a selected Assistant Manager. They will read a questions off of a packet which then has a "good" or "better" response area on the bottom of the page which if you pay close attention to, you will know how the interview is going from their perspective as they mark one side or the other.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you situational questions about past experiences with customer service and or coaching a team.   1 Answer