Lowe's Department Manager Lowes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Department Manager Lowes Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vacaville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview involves the HR Manager and a selected Assistant Manager. They will read a questions off of a packet which then has a "good" or "better" response area on the bottom of the page which if you pay close attention to, you will know how the interview is going from their perspective as they mark one side or the other.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you situational questions about past experiences with customer service and or coaching a team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in New Carrolltn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Carrolltn, MD).

Interview

Pretty straight forward retail interview, no real surprises. If you have ever gone through any other interview you will be just fine. Be ready to have at least 2 people in the room during the interview though, that's very common.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a communication from the HR manager to schedule an interview. I went to the store for the interview which included the HR manager and the ASM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a peer or supervisor had a disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Western, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Western, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview with ASM Zone Manager, The other with HR. They used me for the 3rd interview. They already knew who they wanted. I am an internal employee. The entire process was a dog and pony show. A complete waste of my own time. They wonder why they have the lowest EOS scores in the region. After six weeks I had to call them. That is the last time I will apply for a Dept. Mgr position with Lowes. Unfortunately, that's how they also treat top-performers within the company.

Interview Questions

• The typical "tell me about a time" questions that are all found on Glassdoor. They have not changed   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jackson, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Be prepared to have a one on one interview. They use situational questions for their process. Just answers the questions honestly how you would handle the situation if you were to be in that situation. Keep eye contact with the interviewer. Don't seem nervous. Go in with great confidence. They love people who can handle situations.

Interview Questions

• They ask lots of situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Piscataway, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

I was an internal applicant , the questions were situational and its only an 8 question interview . At first you meet with the assistant manager for the area in which you are applying .the you meet with the store manager he will be the one to make you an offer .

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time u had to work in a group to accomplish a goal. What was the goal?and did you obtain it?How did you reach thks result ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cullman, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Two step interview process. One with HR and one with store manager. The entire process took about 10 days. Not stressful at all.
    Drug screen required when offer was made. Training has been streamlined since and is less stressful now than when I started.

Interview Questions

• Typical what would you do if and describe a time when type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2014.

Interview

5-10 questions asked by ASM alternating with HR manager. they ask routine retail questions about your abilities to lead and work in a group. They take turns and you can take your time to answer. also, DON"T use hypotheticals, you will fail. Lowe's is looking for specific examples of what you did, and how you handles the situations.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you and another didn't see eye to eye, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Interview

The interview process actually starts with the application. After completing the basic personal information you will be taken to a questions and answer portion. There are no right or wrong answers but it does look at consistency. Depending on how you do with this will depend if you get a call or not. If you get a call then you fall into a basic three interview process.Initial interview was with the HR manager. They will ask you a series of questions that will reflect on your skills, knowledge and abilities(SKA). The next interviewer will be an assistant manager who will try to dig deeper on your SKA. The store manager will be your final interview. You will get asked several question that are the same but worded differently and on occasion it may be the same question asked 3 different times from 3 different people. Have multiple answer. Know what you are interviewing for and have your answers revolve around customer service.

Interview Questions

• All questions start with "Tell me about a time"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wheeling, WV) in August 2014.

Interview

You sit with the store manager and HR, they take turns asking questions. The questions are very generic and not overly specific. They are looking for certain answers on the few "what would you do" questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to make a special order purchase?   Answer Question