Lowe's Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Lowe's Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

2.6

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warren, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Straight forward interview with quick generic questions that didn't always make sense to the job I was applying for. Some of them I couldn't even understand their importance at all, and the interviewer and I even laughed a little bit as she was asking them. But she was very nice through the whole process and just answered them truthfully. After that I immediately got offered the job pending my drug test coming back clean. I then talked to HR and was scheduled to start an online safety and policy training course in a computer lab which lasted about a week, then I started on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using the computer and/or hand held device to find and organize inventory?   1 Answer

Full Time Cash Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Canton, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview is with an HR manager. Than if called back will be with a department manager closest to the department in which you are applying. Sometimes there is a third interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult time. And how did you handle it!   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, very relaxed and one on one activity that the manager made feel like a breeze. Afterwards you then talk to the HR supervisor and she will drug test you and ask you some more questions. Very organized.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff, mainly about prior work experience   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Hudson, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

2 interviews one with hr and asst manager the next with store manager that offered the job. Interviews all happened within a week of each other. After coming back to meet store manager he talked to me about Lowes the company and offered me the job The interview was general and basic questions and they use a scoring system.

Cabinet Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (South Lyon, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I believe the interview went great. I find myself a little nervous during interviews though. I believe I don't give enough of information for a situational interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond a customers expectations?   1 Answer

Garden Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Howell, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really unprofessional. I went into the training room and 3 people were there. None of them had conducted an interview before and kept getting up to inquire with the HR person on what to ask. The questions were the usual "why do you want to work here?" etc. I was a bit put off at how unprofessional it was because I put time and effort into my appearance and demeanor for this and did not receive the same respect back. I was called two days later to say they wanted to hire me. I went through the training process and was alarmed that the position I received was not what I was put on the floor for. I had hours on my schedule but when I showed up to work all of the departments said there wasn't anything to do and I was constantly asked if I'd be willing to go home early to cut back on hours. Pretty disappointing so eventually I quit. I should have see all the red flags in the interview process with the management and not have decided to work here. It seemed that despite all of my own personal experience with Lowe's most people were happy to be working their job there.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? This was an annoying question because obviously my passion is not unloading things and selling plants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they handed me a piece of paper with the hourly rate on it (9.77) for a Garden Associate (cashiers make more).

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodhaven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Woodhaven, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

3 interviews total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Southgate, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called by the person who works human resources and had a mini interview over the phone with him. He asked why I applied for the position, what experience I have in customer service, why I should be considered for a job. I answered honestly and carefully, and I got an interview in.
    We met up in a couple of days and he interviewed me. After that, the manager of the store interviewed me as well.
    They told me to come back again and that was when they both told me that I gave off a very nice impression and they'd love to have me work for them.
    I was scheduled to come back in a week to orientation with a group of people that hired in for other departments.
    I also took an oral drug test and did some computer training before I was on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's?   1 Answer

ASM Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted the day before to inform me of the interview. the manager of the store and a store manager trainee were both present and were very professional. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced pressure from your supervisor, a customer and a direct to get something done simultaneously, what did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was first contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I always arrive early about 15-20 minutes (It's a bad habit of mine). She was an hour and a half late. I waited patiently for her to arrive. When she finally arrived, she said she would be with me in a minute. After another half an hour she came out to get me for the interview.

Inside the office, it was awkward. She asked a question, and scribbled down everything I wrote. There was no feedback whatsoever, no real conversation. She asked about 4 questions regarding "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios.

After we had finished with our interview, I was to interview with an assistant manager. He asked me the same sort of questions, but I could tell that I had impressed him. He smiled a lot while quickly jotting everything I said down. He said he was waiting for a promotion, I wished him luck and he said he would see me in a few days.

About 4 days later they called me to come in for drug test (Just a mouth swab). HR lady was about an hour or so late again. (Not including my early arrival)

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you made a mistake"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was more than I expected.