Lowe's Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

After consistently checking on the progress of my application I was finally able to get an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

When I was hired as a seasonal cashier it went by really fast. They called me and asked me by phone if I would be willing to work at the Outside Lawn and Garden register. I said yes then they gave me an interview for the following day. I met the HR manager...very professional and asked me the "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Then I talked to the store manager and he gave me the job right on the spot! Now when I applied for the permanent position...it was exactly the same....with the same questions...same deal only it took 2 to 3 weeks to hear back

Interview Questions

• Dont remember the exact wording....but it was about telling her a time I gave bad instructions and what did I do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation I was happy to accept...in this economy? lol I am glad I was even offered it

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hartford, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

After waiting three months for contact after I submitted my resume, I drove over 100 miles to the HQ to interview. I never was given the chance to speak with anyone, I was only told to sit at a computer and take their screening test. After about an hour of answering questions, a message flashed on the screen that I had not passed the test. There was no explanation given. I spoke with the HR rep who said oh, gee, we really liked your resume. I asked how I could find out why I failed their screening, and was told I could not but I could reapply in six months. I was furious as I had wasted time and gas driving there when I could have done their computer test at home. Also, if I didn't know why they didn't want me, why would I reapply? Finally, I wasn't give the chance to speak to anyone to find out about the job, so why would I remain interested? This was the worst interview experience I ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockledge, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rockledge, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Filled application online, got a call that same afternoon and did a phone interview, scheduled a 2nd and 3rd interview for the next day.
    Phone interview consists 6 questions. Describe a time when you made a mistake at work and how you fixed it? A time i failed a task and what did i do? A time when you told a customer wrong information, what did you do to fix the situation? A time when you got wrong information, how did you handle the situation? ...

Interview Questions

• A time when you got wrong information from your boss, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • A past experience that required you to pay attention to details and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Easy interview. Didn't know it was seasonal until I got there and was told that I was highly over-qualified for the position. Went back the next day for the 3rd and final interview with the store manager, then the drug test. Kinda bummed about the seasonal part, but it looks like a good place to work. I was brought up in a hardware business, so I knew the ins and outs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an upset customer?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. Advice, look up the salary expectations on Glassdoor.com It's pretty much on target. Check the sceduling of hours in the job description as this will tell you if it is seasonal or not. Some Lowe's list the job as seasonal and some don't.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process is long! You have to do 3 separate interviews with 3 different managers! First you have to interview with the human resources manager and she will ask you about 5-7 questions. Then you will have to interview with zone manager who is over the zone you will be working under and that manager will ask you about 5-7 questions. Then you will meet with the store manager but it's not really an interview he will just ask you a couple questions like "are you ready to be apart of the lowes team?" If you've made it the store manager then you've probably got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unable to help a customer. What was the issue and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a manger asked you to do something but the message was unclear. What was it and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

If you receive an interview, it will be with the HR manager. He/She will ask you 5-10 questions. Each question puts the interviewee in a situation which they must use past experiences. Questions are what to be expected, (When have you had to work as a team to get a goal accomplished, how do you divide up the work? Who was in charge?) The HR makes note on the persons responses and moves on. In the past you would then interview with a store manager but that has changed, as of 2015 an individual only interviews with the HR manager. It will take roughly 25-30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with an upset customer? What did you do? How did you resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is short and over the phone. Second interview in person and not too long or short, very professional. Asked a lot of questions regarding customer service and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you didnt get along with someone you worked with and how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Portland, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

It was really easy. Lot of scenario question as although there was one that had me stumped. I thought I wouldn't get the job because of that, but my retail expierence saved me.

Interview Questions

• A time where you went above and beyond what was asked of you.   Answer Question

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed once with HR and again with Ops manager. The interview was very easy. They asked me basic questions that are expected. Once the interview was done I was asked to take a drug screen which is conducted at lowes. The results take about 48hours.