Lowe's HR Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's HR Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.3

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Held in a store location HR office. Hardly enough room for the HR interviewer, a manager, and myself. We were literally knee to knee. It was the regional HR manager, a store manager, and myself. They were engaged and attentive and asked situational experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Examples of difficult situations and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Computerized screening process (test), then face to face interview if ou pass screening process

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online the same day the job was made public and was contacted by the regional HR manager two weeks later. The initial application included a standard Lowe's personality test. No phone screening required prior to face-to-face interview. Met with RHRM and store manager the following week for a panel interview which consisted of 10-15 behavioral questions. I was very impressed by the level of professionalism of both employees. Their commentary about the specific problems/opportunities at this particular store (and the overall company's corporate culture) was invaluable in establishing a true-to-life picture of what I would be stepping in to. I came away from the interview wanting to work there even more than when I had put in my application.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all variations of the HR Manager questions posted by other reviewers at this website. (e.g. What was the most difficult personnel decision you had to make? In what ways do you promote diversity in the workplace?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Their offer was consistent both with the median salary offered for this position in my metropolitan statistical area and the salary range provided by this website.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the Area HR Manager and asked to come to the store to take an HR assessment. The assessment consisted of 29 questions evaluating my knowledge of HR law and statutes and behavioral analysis of what I'd do in certain situations. After the assessment the store's HR Manager gave me a copy of the job description and a brief overview of the position.

Later that afternoon I received another call from the Area HR Manager requesting to schedule an interview. Because I applied for the same position in two stores, I was given a panel interview. The interview was conducted in one of the stores I'd applied. The panel consisted of the Area HRM and one store manager (both on the phone) and the store manager (in person).

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest challenge of your career?

Tell me about a time when an associate came to you with an issue and you adressed the issue without betraying the associate's confidence.

What was the most difficult personnel decision you had to make?

In what ways do you promote diversity in the workplace?

What are your top three strengths?

What area do you need development?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for an additional $2500. Be aware of your compensable factors and give a legitimate reason for needing more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I receive a call stating they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I had a week to prepare. The interview was conducted in the store and the Area HR manager on the phone. The area HR manager provided a detail overview of the job. I was then asked to provide an overview of my career and experience. After that they proceeded to take turns asking me the standard interview questions. Some of the questions they asked were:
    Why Lowes?
    What was the hardest personnel decision you had to make?
    What would you consider your most significant accomplishment?
    How would you handle a workplace conflict between a boss and his subordinate?
    How did you persuade someone to your side?
    How do you deal with tough situations?
    What commitment you couldn't achieve and why?
    What has been the biggest challenge of your career?

They provide me with plenty of time to ask questions. They told me they had a few more people to interview and would be making their decision within a week. 3 weeks later I recieved an email stating I didn't recieve the position.

They were professional and I felt the interview process went as it should.

Interview Questions

• Why Lowes?
      What was the hardest personnel decision you had to make?
      What would you consider your most significant accomplishment?
      How would you handle a workplace conflict between a boss and his subordinate?
      How did you persuade someone to your side?
      How do you deal with tough situations?
      What commitment you couldn't achieve and why?
      What has been the biggest challenge of your career?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hampton, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Recruiter called and set up a phone interview. After the basic questions were asked she invited me to come for a face to face interview and to take the required tests. I filled out a paper application and was given the type of schedule they work on. Then I was given a personality and hr skills test. We sat down and went over my background.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with one woman on my campus. The overall interview was very typical. The woman just asked me a set of questions from a sheet with typical interview questions such as about past experiences. I was given a second interview, but the process for second interviews seems very unorganized. It has been a few weeks since they sent out the e-mail and have not replied back to my email.

The overall company seems like a good place to work at; the lady seemed very nice and seemed to really enjoy her position at Lowe's.

My advice would be to just be yourself and answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall an experience of which you have done something bad and have not been caught?   Answer Question