Lowe's Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Head Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tullahoma, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tullahoma, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the assistant store manager over the administrative area of the store as well as the administrative department manager. They each had a list of different questions that appeared to be a standardized corporate interviewing packet, and they took turns asking their respective questions taking notes on my answers. After my interview a decision was made within the week, and I was given follow-up advice on my interview, and I was offered to be worked with on my experience in the company so that I would be better qualified if a similar position opened up as I was a current employee at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you told someone something wrong about a company policy or practice and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Waco, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was smooth and I got hired. People were very nice. And the interview was easy. Just answer the questions how you feel. I love the care they take to make sure they hire the right people

Interview Questions

• If you had a lot of things to do at once how would you handle it   2 Answers

Negotiation

Smooth

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process is a two part session. It starts off with first interviewing with the HR manager and they'll ask situational questions with interactions with customers and you can put your prior experience to answer those questions. The next part is with the assistant store manager and they ask similar questions, but a little more into detail. Process did not take long for me. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What did you do? How did you react?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The interview questions are the same for every job. You always want to tailor your answers towards what you are interviewing for. That's the trick to getting the job. I've gotten every position I've interviewed for. Don't be afraid to admit times you've made mistakes, but focus more on what you learned than what you messed up.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you have someone the wrong information. What happened and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I did not expect a pay raise, and was very happy when I was offered one.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview

I apply only got a called the next day to come in for interview. Interview took over an hour! Pretty clear question easy to answr.. Tell me about a time....how would you handle....

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called 2ish weeks later. I had two interviews one with the HR manager and one with the Assistant manager. Both were pretty basic interview questions: tell me a time about this, explain a problem customer and how you dealt with them, tell me a time you were alone and leading a team, tasking and customer balance experience, etc. They offered me the position that day and I took the drug test and consented to the background check. I got called a little more than a week later with the results. (It took longer for me to get my results because the HR manager was going on vacation) Overall it was a great and fluid interview process!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you told someone else wrong information regarding policy or any other work related expectations, but you did not realize you were wrong until later. How did you handle it, what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try and negotiate they gave me a higher rate than I was going to negotiate for!

Anonymous Employee in Monaca, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Monaca, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Short, easy, asked questions you would expect to hear. very general questions.
    The interview was with HR manager and front end manager that you work closely with..
    Right off the bat you are given a job req. and i really liked this about the interview
    Was short, not covered tons of information.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orlando, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Just like any other interview the basic "tell us about a time" questions. You first get a call to set up interview then meet with HR manager. After that you arte called back for an interview with the area manager that you applied for. Next you are drug test and background tested. These take the longest about two weeks. If everything comes back good you get an offer and start during within 5 days. First you go through one week computer training about 5 hours for 5 days!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you disagreed with a manager on the way something should be done?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Nope they offered me a great rate and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Pascagoula, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

Was called by Lowes and asked to come in for interview. Went for interview, no big deal. Stupid questions, Lowes like to hear 'key words'. Something to do with GSA Contract.

Interview Questions

• The questions were strange. Something to do with GSA contract I expect, but husband works for GSA and we know how it works - not at all like Lowes. In fact in real GSA, if they want you for a job you get it. Lowes pretend differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Think very carefully about it. It may be better to stay on unemployment until something better comes along.

Head Cashier Interview

Interview

2 interviews, with hr manager and store manager - easy interview...tell me a time when etc interview were about 30 minutes each. no hard questions but be prepared to talk about previous experiences at work