Lowe's Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Head Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Head Cashier Interview

Interview

Fill out an application online, followed by a personality test. HR manager called and set up an interview at the store. Met with the manager and asked a series of situational based questions. HR manager called several days later and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Talked to HR and then store manager. Surprised never talked to people I would actually work for. I had to go back three times before finally had everything done for starting work. Once for Hr interview, one for store manager interview, and once for drug test

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of customer service what would you do. Also tell me about a time when... They were a list of questions not much small talk. Interview was quick and over within 15 minutes..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offered amount with no wiggle room

Head Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in March 2017.

Interview

I had to answer the tax questions on the computer first. Then the ASM asked me the typical questions of recalling times that I had to do anything that was work or school related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work together as team with your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

It's mostly what would you do in a particular situation questions. The interview was with hr and then an assistant store manager. After the interviews I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how would you go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

You apply on line even if you already work there which I think is stupid. Lowes does not prmote with in so the person on the outside has the same chance as you when it comes to getting the position. Once submitted they pick the top 3 or 4 candidates and the you Interview with HR and the Department Manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for lowes?
      Same packet of questions I was asked when interviewed for a regular cashier position
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Beaumont, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Got there about 15 min early, I was brought bavk to human resources. Then was brought in a room with one of the managers. She asked around 6 situational questions. Once she asked all the questions she thanked me for coming in. She told me that there was other applicants and that human resources would be looking over everyone. I had my interview at 9:00 am and that same day at 2:30 I got a call for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get two things done at once, did you prioritize and how?

Tell me about a time you worked as a team?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical interview questions, was told I was going to be interviewed by manager a week later. HR was very friendly and the whole process was decent compared to other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy it lasted about 30 minutes it was a one on one and it only took about three or four days for them to let me know if I got the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What happened and how was the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dickson City, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

They gave you a pamphlet that listed all the details of the position and what the expected from you. They asked a series of questions that lasted about a half hour. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rock Hill, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

Good interview was made to feel as comfortable as a job interview could feel. Inquired about my availability. What capacity had I managed. Did not as salary I made before.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked as a teamto complete a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.