Lowe's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very detailed interview. I had to take a personality assessment to ensure I was a match. The test was quite long a couple hours. Results came back in a day or so. Overall there were 3 different interviews before an offer was made. The salary and bonus structure was discussed early (during the first meeting).

Interview Questions

• Reviewed previous work experience as to how it related to the position they were seeking to fill,   Answer Question

CSA Cash Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and three days later received a call for an interview next day. I was told I had a great interview and would be notified in a week if chosen to move to next stage.

Interview Questions

• Provid e a time you were in a unsafe situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

All Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

one on one with store manager, asm, or hr. only one interview plus assessment. followed by offer then background test and mouth swab drug test. they ask you a series of 6 questions and a little about bit about yourself. why lowes, etc. interviewing for seasonal positions is very easy. basically as long as you can pass background and drug screen you'll be hired. the work is hard and boring for these positions but its the easiest way to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• typical industry standard interview. tell me about a time when you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call to setup in-store interview. Spoke with the Store Manager and HR to review background/resume.Process only took a few weeks. It was very smooth and orderly.Great company!

CDT Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with the manager of night shift CDT. The interview was a simple five "please tell me about a time when" type of interview. The manager was very respectful and made the experience as comfortable as possible. He explained the expectations for his team and his management style. He seemed like someone anyone would love to work for.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time whenever you had to work fast and safe and the same time.   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interiors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took over 2 months to get an interview. Once I had the interview I was asked to talk to another person on the phone. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer that you've worked with for days or weeks decides they just want to wait and shop around- what would you say to save the sale?

Describe a time you had to stop everything you were doing to handle an emergency and discuss the outcome, either positive or negative.

Describe a time where marketing wasn't effective and you had to implement alternative marketing methods, and describe the outcome either positive or negative.

Describe a time when you were not able to meet a customer's expectations due to uncontrollable elements, and how did you handle it?

Role play. "I am a customer who you have been working with for weeks. I am starting to rethink the entire renovation. How would you save the sale?"     Answer Question

Sales Specialist - Cabinets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I took an online test followed by 2 rounds of interviews, the first was with a store zone manager (assistant manager) and the 2nd was with the store speciality sales manager. I received an informal offer at the second and a formal offer contingent on background check and drug test the next day via phone.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with 2020 Design?   1 Answer
    • Do you mind covering other departments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a very competitive offer and so I accepted it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview was speedy. the interviewer was nice and personable. love the company, but i received a better job opportunity. the interviewer was very prepared when asking job related questions.

received better opportunity

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

They want to know what happened, what did you do, and what was the outcome. It's a very easy interview process. Nothing to get upset about. it's very fast but easy to do. There will be the Area HR and the store Manager at the interview. Somebody may call to do a phone screen but it just depends.

Interview Questions

• I think it was something about meeting deadlines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The offer is what the offer is.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and easy, other than waiting for the drug screening and background check to be completed, that's the only thing that delayed getting started but once it was completed I started work right away :)

Interview Questions

• What made me choose Lowes and what my plans were with Lowes   Answer Question