Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2017.

Interview

My process was a little longer than others because the Store Manager wanted to make sure she got a good fit.
I. I responded to a Craigslist ad for a HR Manager.
2. Within two days I received an email and was asked to apply at Lowe’s.com
3. The next day I received a call from the Mgr that asked me to apply and she gave me a phone interview.
4. Within two days of the phone interview the Regional HR Manager sent an email to schedule an in person interview. That interview was a week later.
5. I interviewed with the Store Manager and the Regional HR Manager.
6. Was officially offered the position about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Not simple questions with yes or no answers. Name a time when... How would you compare...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

Ten situational questions, "What would you do if... or tell me a time when you made a decision to hire someone and why it was your best decision." I was interviewed by the store manager and a regional HR manager.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult HR decision you ever had to make and why did you make it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral based interview process. Between 7-9 questions in total. Applied online, a week or so later I received a call for a first interview. Only one week later until the second interview. Second interview with the Area HRM and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to implement a change in process or procedure and develop a communication plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kennewick, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional. She made me believe that I was a serious candidate for the position and really sold me on the position and the company. I was very excited when she asked me to come in for an interview. After the interview I asked about when I should hear back. She said she would call me on a specific day. When that day came, she never called. I called her to follow up and she was surprised to hear from me. She then said she would call me the next day, she never did. I wrote her and email, even though she said she received it, she never replied. I would be very leary of this company and their leadership. I spent time and money which is valuable, I reaize these are red flags early on. Valuing people is the number one sign I look for. Without people, your organization doesn't exist.

Interview Questions

• Name things you can do with a cantaloupe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very detailed interview. I had to take a personality assessment to ensure I was a match. The test was quite long a couple hours. Results came back in a day or so. Overall there were 3 different interviews before an offer was made. The salary and bonus structure was discussed early (during the first meeting).

Interview Questions

• Reviewed previous work experience as to how it related to the position they were seeking to fill,   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Did a phone screen with a recruiter, then did an in-person interview with the AHRM and store manager. All the questions for the interview are generally "tell me about a time when..." kind of questions. Very experienced based. The more details you provide (without rambling), the better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with people of different cultures?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It started with a telephone interview , then face to face. There were several "Tell me about a time when..." questions. HR regional manager was great. Very personable and passionate about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to develop and implement an Employee Communication Campaign.   Answer Question

My current employer countered Lowe's offer, and I stayed where I am.

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was generic as far as HR Manager positions go. They asked situational questions "tell us about a time" and "when have you and explain". They asked why I choose to seek employment with the company and offered a job description on paper that you sign to verify you understand the position.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Tuesday and the Area HR Manager got back to me by Thursday to schedule an initial interview. The first interview consisted of a 30-minute phone screen with the Area HRM. After speaking with her, she set up a time for me to come in and interview the very next day on that Friday. The in-person interview was about 90 mins long and consisted of 12 behavioral based questions being asked in rotation by the Area HRM and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three connections that you have kept (personal or professional) and why.
      Tell me about a time you implemented a new policy and what was the outcome?
      Tell me the process for how you conducted scheduling and staffing at your most recent job.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online. Process took about three weeks. One prescreening interview with Area HRM and one panel interview with AHRM and the Store Manager. Both interviews were by phone since I was out of state.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were multi-part narrative cues: Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult HR situation, what did you do to alleviate the issue, and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was fair and included relocation package.