Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kennewick, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional. She made me believe that I was a serious candidate for the position and really sold me on the position and the company. I was very excited when she asked me to come in for an interview. After the interview I asked about when I should hear back. She said she would call me on a specific day. When that day came, she never called. I called her to follow up and she was surprised to hear from me. She then said she would call me the next day, she never did. I wrote her and email, even though she said she received it, she never replied. I would be very leary of this company and their leadership. I spent time and money which is valuable, I reaize these are red flags early on. Valuing people is the number one sign I look for. Without people, your organization doesn't exist.

Interview Questions

• Name things you can do with a cantaloupe.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very detailed interview. I had to take a personality assessment to ensure I was a match. The test was quite long a couple hours. Results came back in a day or so. Overall there were 3 different interviews before an offer was made. The salary and bonus structure was discussed early (during the first meeting).

Interview Questions

• Reviewed previous work experience as to how it related to the position they were seeking to fill,   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Did a phone screen with a recruiter, then did an in-person interview with the AHRM and store manager. All the questions for the interview are generally "tell me about a time when..." kind of questions. Very experienced based. The more details you provide (without rambling), the better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with people of different cultures?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It started with a telephone interview , then face to face. There were several "Tell me about a time when..." questions. HR regional manager was great. Very personable and passionate about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to develop and implement an Employee Communication Campaign.   Answer Question

My current employer countered Lowe's offer, and I stayed where I am.

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was generic as far as HR Manager positions go. They asked situational questions "tell us about a time" and "when have you and explain". They asked why I choose to seek employment with the company and offered a job description on paper that you sign to verify you understand the position.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Tuesday and the Area HR Manager got back to me by Thursday to schedule an initial interview. The first interview consisted of a 30-minute phone screen with the Area HRM. After speaking with her, she set up a time for me to come in and interview the very next day on that Friday. The in-person interview was about 90 mins long and consisted of 12 behavioral based questions being asked in rotation by the Area HRM and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three connections that you have kept (personal or professional) and why.
      Tell me about a time you implemented a new policy and what was the outcome?
      Tell me the process for how you conducted scheduling and staffing at your most recent job.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online. Process took about three weeks. One prescreening interview with Area HRM and one panel interview with AHRM and the Store Manager. Both interviews were by phone since I was out of state.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were multi-part narrative cues: Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult HR situation, what did you do to alleviate the issue, and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was fair and included relocation package.

Manager Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Flemington, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

This may be changed. Pretty simple--Meet and greet, fill out application and provide resume if applicable. 30 minutes with an Ops. Manager. necessary time with applicable management. Interviewee gets tour thru one of our facilities with the Facility Manager who also is a trained interviewer, Once completed, candidate is greeted again by the HR rep who pursues their interest in the position and handles other questions the candidate may have. The HR rep then thanks the candidate and informs them that we will be in contact The team then reviews the candidate's qualifications to determine/compare to determine next steps if there is a fit. If a fit a second series of interviews are conducted.

Interview Questions

• Why so you want to work here?   1 Answer

Money was not as good as I thought

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

After applying online, it took about 2 weeks for someone to contact me back. You have to pass a phone interview with their district HR manager. Then, you interview with the store manager and the HR district manager in person. All questions are similar to previous postings on glass door.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Structured, 1 interview with 2 people. lots of HR related questions and checking for your experience in HR. took about an hour, the questions were challenging, but with the right experience it was easy to give good examples.

Interview Questions

• Experience, employee relations questions   1 Answer