Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oakland, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

2 interviews, hr basic skills test, drug test

Interview Questions

• How did you defeat a challenge in your previous position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Joint interview with Store Manager and Area HRM

Interview Questions

• Must understand FMLA, ADA, EEO and apply to real life question scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process, take it or leave it!

Human Resource Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Online application. Online personality assessment. Human Resource Manager interview and online assessment. Fill in the best answer for honesty assessment. Background search. Drug Test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, and why should we expect you to stay working for Lowes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hartford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

basic questions one step interview. questions were geared towards the role. not hard at all. one on one with Area Hr then came in teh store manager of that location.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation process. the place your skills in program and they run it through to get your pay.

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Goodyear, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

phone interview, took about 30 minutes with store manger. Then a face to face interview with store manager that was then followed up with the area hr manager. This took about 4 hours. We went over all of my HR background and took a tour of the Lowes facility. I met quite a few employees and toured the hr offices.

Interview Questions

• my previous experience with working in a union environment.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Structured, 1 interview with 2 people. lots of HR related questions and checking for your experience in HR. took about an hour, the questions were challenging, but with the right experience it was easy to give good examples.

Interview Questions

• Experience, employee relations questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Omaha, NE) in September 2013.

Interview

Short phone screen, then a combined in-person interview with store manager and Area HR Manager over the phone. The work schedule was not presented very clearly during the interview process (position included evenings and weekends.)

Interview Questions

• Lowe's utilizes behavioral based interview questions, which allow the candidate to tell a story about how they have handled a situation that will likely come up in their Lowe's position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Watertown, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

This was behaviorial based interview w/2 interviewers. Area HR Manager & Store Manager. Im glad I had a few scenarios in mind to use as examples. That helped me greatly.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Savannah, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was way too long and drawn out. Also the Training process was too long and could be much shorter. I had to constantly follow up on a status, even though I was already an internal applicant, and had completed their training coupled with years of experience. That was ridiculous to say the least.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was referred through another employee that worked there. I met with another HR Manager the screened me out first. Then their store manager interviewed me with the Area HR Manager on the phone asking me questions as well. The process is very straight forward as I went through a three step process when interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision about a policy violation?   Answer Question