Lowe's Installed Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Installed Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Durham, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very simple. They ask the same "what if..." questions as they do in any other interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not get to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

apply online interview with HR first then second interview is with an assistant store manager or store manager depending on the store (sometimes even all 3)

Interview Questions

• they ask you job scenarios and what you did in that situation "have you ever worked with a college on a project? what was the task, how did you get it done, what was the end result"........ "have you every gone above and beyond for a customer , what did you do and what was the end result"...... about ten or so even more difficult scenario ones that I cannot remember   Answer Question

Negotiation

they write an hourly rate on a paper and you sign accepting that rate

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Usually a 3 interview process and it is scored on a grading system. The person with the highest interview score gets the offer.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2011.

Interview

Two interviews - one with HR, and immediately after, I interviewed with the Zone Manager. I thought it was really strange that I wasn't interviewed by the Department Manager, to whom I directly reported. I wish I had, because we were working together in a very small office with only 1 other person. I don't think I would have taken the job if I had met her - we were very different personality types.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember. But I do remember they asked a lot of "Behavioral Interview" style questions, like, "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you corrected it."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was told I had a written offer and to come into the office. I should have negotiated because it's nearly impossible to get a sizeable bump in salary after you're on board.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2008.

Interview

Terrible, they want to interview a retired contractor and ask them if they can sell windows, roofs, and fences. The person conducting the interview was a graduate from Herzing College with a degree in computers and no experience in contracting??????

Interview Questions

• I was aked if I minded assisting in store operations when the store was short staffed. Have you ever been to a Lowes and thought it was properly staffed? I wanted to sell as they call them "exterior products" and make money. Not tell some lady which paint would look nice on the prefab shelving made in China she was buying 2 rows over.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, base plus commission only.

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Farmingdale, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

The hiring interview was pretty easy. The store was just opening so pretty much they hired anyone the appeared to have common sense.

Interview Questions

• Most logical questions. Have a ever stole anything at your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Are you okay with 11.10 an hour?

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Albany, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Sales will not help in this position. You need to make sure during the interview that you make it clear you are good with customers. Especially you are good with RUDE customers. That you are not afraid to make phone calls. That you are capable of planning massive projects, and MULTITASKING.

Basically this is a two interview process. The first one is with the HR manager. This is the easy one. The second, and more difficult interview, is with the store manager. This is the time to show you can work with angry and rude customers well, and that you can communicate with installers and vendors well. It wouldn't hurt if you had a background in home improvement. Especially in floors, plumbing, doors, windows, decking, fencing, and kitchens.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a really angry and rude customer who wants to speak to a manager while no managers are available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They say this is what you get, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Braunfels, TX).

Interview

Very long questions are the same just worded different. Tense ,long , questions coming from a paper . The one that was interviewing didn't seem interested. High strung was very long .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an averigated customer .   1 Answer

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2015.

Interview

As an internal it took a while to get other candidates. New interview packets with ASM. Long wait. Not overly positive. Took too long and the questions were extremely difficult. Expected more than an answer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were responsible for checking quality of something.   1 Answer
    • tell me about a yime you fixed an issue for a difficult customer or situation.   Answer Question
    • explain what you would do if given a task you felt was above your job level.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Beaumont, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two in store interviews over 2 weeks ,but have known for them to take a few months to choose candidate, then called in for offer and drug test. They say they can only give pay the computer states you deserve but that's not true. If they want you and you know the average you can negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for customer service.   1 Answer