Lowe's Installed Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Installed Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.7

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Position represented by HR Manager as a narrow and shallow scope or duties and responsibilities; false. The IS is at the nexus of multiple communication and responsibility lines. Dept managers and Assistant Store Managers transfer/default responsibility and fix blame on the ISC. Pay is 40-60% below job description and responsibilities. Don't be duped....

Interview Questions

• Questions were all about, "What was the most/Tell me of a time when...."   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied, took them 2 weeks to call. I had a consultation with the HR who then told me I would have a phone interview on a certain day with her, then a second with my HR, possible new DH and ASM. She called at exactly 12:30 like she said. I answered questions, then she scheduled the second phone interview with my ASM and DH. They called 3 days later. I had 2 job offers for 2 different stores and decided to accept this one.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when a customer became angry. How did you handle the situation? Give an example of a time when you were asked to complete something that required multiple tasks. Give an example of a time when a manager asked you to do something and you were unsure of your responsibilities.Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a phone interview (I lived in another state) and I accepted and we did the payroll estimator over the phone.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

You fill out an app online, you get a call from the store's HR manager. You then go into the interview and are asked questions about how you work with others and how good you are at customer service. Once hired, you spend multiple days glued to a computer screen learning about how not to be a bad employee as well as go through an orientation

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you messed up and realized so afterward?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fluff past work experience as much as possible to get the best pay rate possible.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

Interview

very easy process. if you have interviewed successfully in the past, should not be an issue. HR manager was kind and easy to interview with. very relaxed atmosphere. the assistant managers that also interviewed were also relaxed and personable.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Usually a 3 interview process and it is scored on a grading system. The person with the highest interview score gets the offer.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

apply online interview with HR first then second interview is with an assistant store manager or store manager depending on the store (sometimes even all 3)

Interview Questions

• they ask you job scenarios and what you did in that situation "have you ever worked with a college on a project? what was the task, how did you get it done, what was the end result"........ "have you every gone above and beyond for a customer , what did you do and what was the end result"...... about ten or so even more difficult scenario ones that I cannot remember   Answer Question

Negotiation

they write an hourly rate on a paper and you sign accepting that rate

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Farmingdale, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

The hiring interview was pretty easy. The store was just opening so pretty much they hired anyone the appeared to have common sense.

Interview Questions

• Most logical questions. Have a ever stole anything at your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Are you okay with 11.10 an hour?

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Albany, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Sales will not help in this position. You need to make sure during the interview that you make it clear you are good with customers. Especially you are good with RUDE customers. That you are not afraid to make phone calls. That you are capable of planning massive projects, and MULTITASKING.

Basically this is a two interview process. The first one is with the HR manager. This is the easy one. The second, and more difficult interview, is with the store manager. This is the time to show you can work with angry and rude customers well, and that you can communicate with installers and vendors well. It wouldn't hurt if you had a background in home improvement. Especially in floors, plumbing, doors, windows, decking, fencing, and kitchens.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a really angry and rude customer who wants to speak to a manager while no managers are available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They say this is what you get, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2008.

Interview

Terrible, they want to interview a retired contractor and ask them if they can sell windows, roofs, and fences. The person conducting the interview was a graduate from Herzing College with a degree in computers and no experience in contracting??????

Interview Questions

• I was aked if I minded assisting in store operations when the store was short staffed. Have you ever been to a Lowes and thought it was properly staffed? I wanted to sell as they call them "exterior products" and make money. Not tell some lady which paint would look nice on the prefab shelving made in China she was buying 2 rows over.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, base plus commission only.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2011.

Interview

Two interviews - one with HR, and immediately after, I interviewed with the Zone Manager. I thought it was really strange that I wasn't interviewed by the Department Manager, to whom I directly reported. I wish I had, because we were working together in a very small office with only 1 other person. I don't think I would have taken the job if I had met her - we were very different personality types.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember. But I do remember they asked a lot of "Behavioral Interview" style questions, like, "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you corrected it."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was told I had a written offer and to come into the office. I should have negotiated because it's nearly impossible to get a sizeable bump in salary after you're on board.