Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2018
3,332 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   2 Answers

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Albany, OR).

Interview

It was laid back and we laughed alot. They want to know what kind of person you are. They let you schedule the interview at what time works best for you. Its the best interview I had in a long long time

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to teach somebody something. Doesn't have to be work related.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the job and had honestly forgotten until 2 montjs later got a call for an interview. Conducted the face to face interview and then never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced adversity and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Springs, Marion, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Silver Springs, Marion, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Ask you a bunch of questions and then if they like you they give you a mouth swab drug test that is flawed THC is what they said i failed for and won't retest me and I don't smoke. And i did some research and seen some people do dope right before the interview and pass the swab test. Goes to show you even if you don't do drug people are jealous of that and use their power when they can . I Guess God has a better job waiting for me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Middletown, DE) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Rep. About a half hour of situational based questions. Very pleasant. Next day interviewed with store manager for about an hour. Situational based questions. A little difficult but definitely doable.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a very casual interview. I had one interview with the HR manager and one interview with the store manager. I had both interviews in one day but usually they are on two separate occasions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and went in for an interview a little less than a week later. The interview was 5 fairly basic customer service questions. There was only one interview with the assistant manager. They're taking a little while to call back and tell me if I got it or not but they did say they have a lot of interviews for seasonal hiring and to expect a bit of a wait.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a safety hazard in the work place, and how did you work to address it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It was at a conference. Recruiter asked a couple questions, I didn't know the material so they suggested to apply again later. gave good advice on how to prepared for next time. Insightful.

CSA Paint Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

Casual and informative.Lowes as are all retailers struggling to find their way ask pertinent character related questions that define you as an individual.This was my second attempt in the process.Questions were the same and different.You only have three seconds to make a First impression.On my way to the interview dressed in jeans and polo as I know their dress code is Very casual I thought Good enuf for this interview (same thing I wore in my first interview).I stopped at Marshalls and bought a tie (to go with an optional shirt I brought with)slacks and new shoes for $32.Landed the job and owe it to the the TIE.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Johnson City, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

I was asked 8 situational/behavioral questions. For each question, the interviewer wanted a very detailed example. The person who interviewed me asked me follow-up questions if my initial answer didn't cover all the details. They follow a standard company interview and make notes on your answers to score later. Despite this, my interviewer was very friendly, helpful, and kept the process as informal as possible. I got a call for an interview a few days after I applied and was called to come in for a drug test(just a swab test) a few days after my interview. Just waiting for the background check to come back to start with orientation. Definitely prepare some specific examples before you go in or it will be difficult to think of responses on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were pressured to bend the rules, but didn't.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a potentially dangerous situation at work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to explain a difficult process to someone and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work as a team and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went beyond your usual day to day work requirements.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to adapt to a changing situation at work. i.e. change in work duty, change in computer systems, etc.   Answer Question