Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017
3,015 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   2 Answers

Interview

The application was easy to complete. The in-person interview was pleasant and professional. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was conducted by one of the Assistant Store Manager and consisted of several standardized questions. I was given plenty of time to gather my thoughts and answer. Preferred answer was to share something specific from my past experience. Excellent process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to explain a detailed process to another.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Received phone call for interview.
    Met HR rep in the back room of the store.
    HR rep asked 3-4 questions about previous experience
    HR rep had me take a drug test
    HR rep offered me the job

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a store like this before   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Situational based questions very pointed at specific answers. Interview is with Store manager. Looking for you to have a identify, plan, solve, and sustain scale of answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online. I then received a call a couple days later. I set up a interview date. I then went into the store then to customer service to let them know I was there for a interview. It seem to take a while for the manager to come up to the front to get me. I then was brought into the back where I was explained the position that I applied for. I was then asked 5 or 7 questions. The whole process was pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Has anyone tried to pressure you in to something you didn't want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you seen a unsafe condition and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and called the store a week later to check on my application and got an interview straight away. The interview was relaxed, my interviewer just asked me a couple questions and then handed me paperwork.

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Standard interview - asked my background, strengths, weaknesses, experience, availability and start date. Also talked about making it to the second round and providing a saliva sample for drug testing

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask you scenario questions such as, "if someone had a problem and approached you and you didn't know the answer how would you handle that" Those sort of things. They operate off of a points systems. If you mention certain phrases or words they give you points which they add up. Be sure to research their latest customer promotion programs and work them into your answers.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Champaign, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the interview with confidence, was not nervous at all. They asked a little about my previous experience. The asked the reason I was applying for the position. They did not ask about my experience in sales. I found that a bit odd considering I was applying for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to fix a problem that was brought to you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Schertz, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Lowes, Schertz TX. - got the call, interviewed scheduled, 2 days later got and offer (phone and email), went back in for drug testing performed by the HR person (mouth swab only). drug test and background test took about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• One question was describe a time when you had to persuade people to follow procedures when they were not being followed, and how did you handle that?   1 Answer