Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017
2,819 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Talked to HR and then store manager. Surprised never talked to people I would actually work for. I had to go back three times before finally had everything done for starting work. Once for Hr interview, one for store manager interview, and once for drug test

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of customer service what would you do. Also tell me about a time when... They were a list of questions not much small talk. Interview was quick and over within 15 minutes..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offered amount with no wiggle room

Seasonal Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lafayette, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and laid back. When I arrived, my interviewer gave me a handout of the job description, then I signed it and went it to the interview. He told me a little about the job, what is to be expected, then started with the 5 questions.

a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
    b)When was a time that a group of people were dependent on you to get a task done
    c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
    d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
    e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?

Then he told me a little more about the job and then asked if I had any questions. Be sure to ask at least 2-3 questions. Then the interview was over and he said if I passed the interview they would call me for part two where they do the background and drug test. I was emailed an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
      c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
      d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
      e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

They ask several situational questions and a few questions about your background / experience in similar roles. You interview with HR and a department manager. They also ask a few questions by phone to determine your pay rate.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you made at work and how did you go about correcting it?   Answer Question

CSA I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

After application was submitted online, I received a phone call within a day to come in for interview with Assistant Manager. A couple days later, received a call asking me to come in for a drug test. After that, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give specific examples of instances when I (1) needed to explain a procedure to either another associate or customer, (2) needed to deal with a problem, and (3) how I dealt with a situation that could have been harmful for someone.   Answer Question

Receiver Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very brief; I asked at the customer service counter to speak with the HR manager, spoke with the HR manager and then store manager at which time I was given a job offer pending the results of the usual personality, background and drug tests. This, of course, was followed by a one week training class before I was released to be power equipment trained by the applicable department manager.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Basic behavioral interview questions asking for examples of times you behaved in certain situations, such as part of a team, with someone who was causing problems, etc. They asked human resources questions first over the phone and then I came it to answer the behavioral in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were placed in a challenging spot.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It started with a telephone interview , then face to face. There were several "Tell me about a time when..." questions. HR regional manager was great. Very personable and passionate about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to develop and implement an Employee Communication Campaign.   Answer Question

My current employer countered Lowe's offer, and I stayed where I am.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I applied online, and then received an interview. The interview consisted of questions that were focused on questions about team work. If you can relate to working in a team, the interview will be no problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked in a team, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interiors Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First phone interview with Lowe's HR from NC going over resume, experience and more information about the position. Later in the week interview with store manager and district manager or market person.

First they asked me to read the complete description of the position, asked me if I had any questions and if I felt I could do the job. Then more explanation about what the job would entail. That also asked about my background.

Later they asked some questions from a form while they took notes. The questions are all of a practical nature as other reviewers have noted. What would you do with an unreasonable request, how would you answer client objections, how do you react to being interrupted and having to work on other project, and so on.

They mentioned the need to do a background check since you'll be going in clients homes.

I found the questions easy and relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your preferred brands and why?   1 Answer
    • client objects about the price of the project, what would you do?   Answer Question