Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,486 Interview Reviews

2.5

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owasso, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Owasso, OK) in November 2011.

Interview

Questions were the same as all Lowes. Tell us about a time when..... and how did you handle it.. Interviewed with HR ASM. Was told they would make a decision the next week. Called back twice after decision time and was told decision not made yet. I received an email the afternoon of the second call telling they had hired someelse.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake and how was it handled.   2 Answers

Commercial Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Davenport, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

Out of two internal employees and one external person applied. One employee was interviewed and the other wasn't. They didn't bother themselves to talk to that associate and explain their reasons why they didn't get interviewed. The external person got the position because he was starting out in the retail world.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

You will get called to come in for interview. I wore business casual to the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dallas, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

After the initial phone call to come in and take the original assessment and interview with the human resources manager, I was called back to interview with an assistant store manager. A week later was called back to interview with the operations manager. A few days later with the store manager and eventually district manager (market director).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Buford, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview process was fairly well thought out, corporate is doing their job. There is redundancy in the 'personality' test, as in answering many of the same questions online and in the interview. Overall, it impresses me that they (corporate) are in tune with the needs of an employee. My only complaint is that personally, someone from the interview team should have more feedback for me- my follow up phone call after having left on the note of "I am just trying to figure out where I can put you..." was answered with a vague "We haven't decided yet."

Interview Questions

• what mistakes has your former/current employer made ....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, ME) in January 2011.

Interview

Meeting with the HR person and then the assistant store manager. Followup with one of the store managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Madison, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interviews consisted of asking me about difficult situations I had experienced in previous jobs, how I handled the situation, and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Questions about job experiences in which I was unsuccessful   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Las Cruces, NM) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with the assistant store manager as well as the store manager. Most questions begin with "tell me about a time" and test your customer service skills in various situations. To prepare think of different customer situations from your past experiences to avoid any long pauses. However it is OK to ask then to repeat the question if you do hey confused or stumped this will buy you some time.

Interview Questions

• Rate your self in different departments of the store. Sell me a product from the department your rated yourself highest in add if I were a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Layton, UT).

Interview

Pretty standard one interview and waited for the background check to come back that took longer than expected. They have an outlined questions that they need you to answer the questions to show that listened to the question. Make your answers end with "that's how I......(the question)"

Commissioned Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I walked in and asked to meet the store manager. He interviewed and hired me immediately. This was due to my high energy level, confidence and experience. The interview was a calculated, scripted one and they physically wrote down my answers. My experience as a Regional Account Executive for a national direct mail company, from which I was downsized, enabled me to interview with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Presenting features and benefits and closing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained my experience and they claimed they offered the highest possible hourly wage.