Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

603 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Interview

thank you for giving me opportunity to share this experience! This was certainly one of the most awkward conversation that I had, and it wasn't even an interview. So, I was looking for a part time evening job. This store had postings throughout parking lot, huge sign on the building, and side streets. I checked out their website, but it was only couple job openings. So, I stopped with my husband to ask if I can fill out job application. A lady with supervisor badge instructed me to come to see HR next day, because they had more than 20 openings that are not posted online. I came next day, and actually I was put in very awkward position. HR didn't want to shake my hand and he kept asking me on and on with a tone and body language who told me that there are job openings. I tried to lighten up this situation. I offered him a folder with my resume and cover letter. He actually stepped back, simultaneously putting his hands behind his back. Very inappropriately letting me know he doesn't want to touch my resume! I actually have very respectful experience, earned with respectful retail company, above average results, and working history, I am a good human being, hard working and ethical. I volunteer for my community 16 hours/month. I help the one in need. However, I was put in such weird position, standing in the middle of the store, because I offered my skills to a company for almost minimum wage and HR didn't find a decency to have 5 mins of respectful and professional conversation even to decline my application. Oh, boy! Needless to say they lost me and my family as customers as well. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• who told you that there are more job openings? I don't know who could tell you there are more job openings? who told you there are more job openings?   Answer Question

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. There was an 11 page questionnaire that followed. It contained questions that were more behavioral and would have made for good interview discussion, but it was difficult to pick an agree/neutral/disagree answer. Local HR called the next day to schedule an interview onsite. I interviewed with the store HR manager. The interview lasted an hour. I think the HRM was very new to interviews. He had me fill out employee availability paperwork for scheduling, described the job duties, asked me if I could do them, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I asked 3 questions and he gave me thorough answers--it was just a conversational interview. Then he asked me a series of behavior "tell me a time when..." questions. I answered those, we talked some more, and then he asked if I had any questions for him! I had to come up with a few more questions on the spot.
    The HRM didn't seem satisfied with any of my answers. He had planned follow-up questions that he asked regardless of what I answered, so my answers felt redundant to me.
    I was told they are required to interview a certain number of people , and that I'd hear back via email in approximately 10 days. It's only been a day, I'm not hopeful that I will receive an offer. The HR coordinator works directly with the HRM in a small shared office, and like I said, he didn't seem impressed with my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a tedious job function, how did you stay motivated and energized to complete your tasks day after day? After I answered, he repeated the question and asked me to just answer for how I stayed motivated, and then again for how I stayed energized. (ridiculous)   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Galesburg, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Lowes has a process that they have to interview at least three people for a position. so, I realized that I was one of the pretend interviews. they already had someone of interest and my interview felt cold and without meaning. I travelled 50 miles to a fake interview. i rearranged my day and made it so I could go to the interview only for it to be over before it started. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did not agree with your boss and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online. I then received a call a couple days later. I set up a interview date. I then went into the store then to customer service to let them know I was there for a interview. It seem to take a while for the manager to come up to the front to get me. I then was brought into the back where I was explained the position that I applied for. I was then asked 5 or 7 questions. The whole process was pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Has anyone tried to pressure you in to something you didn't want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you seen a unsafe condition and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Champaign, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the interview with confidence, was not nervous at all. They asked a little about my previous experience. The asked the reason I was applying for the position. They did not ask about my experience in sales. I found that a bit odd considering I was applying for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to fix a problem that was brought to you.   Answer Question

Exterior Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Temecula, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very by the book with set parameters. There were 8 questions and you had to sign the position description to acknowledge your understanding of the requirements. One on One interview with no presure and open ended questions for you to answer in your own style.

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Shakopee, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a two person interview with a series of situational questions and regarding past positions. The questions did not involve anything relating to skills or experience. Make sure to include everything in your opening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation where you had to quickly come up with a simple but effective solution.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

situational questions very vague what would you do type questions the worst. and even if you are current employee they only go by interview not how well you have or do work there now.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if faced with a task with limited resources and time   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiting manager after a week of application. It went well. Next week was with Hiring Manager. The hiring manager did not call when the phone interview was scheduled. Rescheduled to the following week. The Hiring manager interviewed along with an associate.

The Hiring Manager Interview was more or less a Compliance Interview. Interview to make sure that a colored person or Minority candidate was interviewed. I have interviewed few times now. The offer is always to a preferred candidate of the hiring manager however qualified you are. Lowes Corporate or EEOC should investigate hiring practices. I do not see any minority employees at Lowes.

Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview is standard situational questions read off of a form. The store manager and an assistant store manager were in the room. There were four questions. Be as specific as possible with your answers, they do not want anything hypothetical or general.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to prioritize work assignments to get something important done.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to resolve a situation with another associate or customer.   Answer Question