Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,092 Interview Reviews

2.5

3,092 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Asked about 4-5 generic questions and wrote down my response. Each interview is scored after the session has ended based off your responses. There was no indication to how the responses were graded just that the interview with the highest score would be selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work in a group to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbus, GA).

Interview

7/17: Applied online for position; completed assessment.

8/1: Contacted by HR that I was referred to Area LP manager for interview.

8/4: Phone interview with Area LP manager. Interview was approximately 25-35 minutes long with 8 situational based questions (STAR method). Afterwards I asked a few follow-up questions about career ladder, training, pay, etc. Informed me that final three candidates will be referred to store manager and LP manager.

8/8: Contacted by Store HR Manager to sit down with Store and LP manager.

8/11: Met with Store and LP Manager. Very relaxed and informal. They basically asked about my experience, how long I planned to be at the store if hired, etc.

8/15: Received a tentative offer, based upon start date negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What happened, what steps did you take, if any, to resolve the issue, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Got called in to have an interview with HR and store manager. The interview went really well, it was like talking to a friend. Got a call a few days after the interview to come in for a drug test and was called about a week later and offered the job when the drug test and background check came back. All in all, it was a pleasant process.

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Clermont, FL).

Interview

The HR rep is the one who conducted the interview. It was actually a fairly quick process at the time. They had over 300+ people apply for approximately 8 positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you found out what a customer needed?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

group interview with about another 8 people, you do some activities and watch some videos about lowes and its history. After that you get the one on one interview for about 5 min

CSA Garden Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

HR calls you in for a standard interview, they ask for an oral mouth swab to screen for drugs on site. After that it takes about two weeks to get a call back saying you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your life when something didn't go your way? How did you overcome this obstacle?   Answer Question

Interview

The application was easy to complete. The in-person interview was pleasant and professional. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was conducted by one of the Assistant Store Manager and consisted of several standardized questions. I was given plenty of time to gather my thoughts and answer. Preferred answer was to share something specific from my past experience. Excellent process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to explain a detailed process to another.   Answer Question

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Interview

Interview was using specific examples of how you would handle different customer service situations--how you have handled them in the past. I was interviewed by the HR person and an Assistant store manager. Each rated the answers to the questions I was given.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where a customer was upset and you resolved an issue so that they were satisfied?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied initially in February called and stopped in multiple times to introduce myself to HR or management, with no progress. Made contact with an assistant store manager in April while in the store and set up an interview that day. After the offer was accepted it took about a week for the background check to clear, then had about a week of computer training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to take care of the customer.   Answer Question