Lowe's Cashier - Front End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Cashier - Front End Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Washington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Washington, MO).

Interview

I interviewed with the HR manager. She asked me a lot of behavioral and situation based questions. If you have worked in retail before, it should not be a problem. I answered questions based on my past work experience and through school examples. It was laid back overall. Everyone else in the front end interviewed with the front end manager, the store manager and the HR manager. I'm not sure why I was only interviewed by HR but I think the panel interview is the normal process for new employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where it was difficult working with a group.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They would give you a call and have you come in for the initial interview. If you were accepted, they would call you again to have you take drug test and provide other information before starting the 1 week orientation.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Easy. Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for interview. Interviewed with human resources and the department general manager. They had interview other candidates before offering me the job. I was offered job later that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer service situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online got call for interview the next day. Interviewed with hr got job on spot. Took drug test same day. Waited a couple days for results on background started within a week from interview

Interview Questions

• How much cashier experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bloomsburg, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by both the department manager and the store manager. They were very nice. The questions were mainly about my values and ethics. They wanted to know about my personal experience when dealing with specific situations. I was asked if I had anyone who works there and how I felt about promoting from within.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker taking store use cleaning supplies home what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Henderson, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process starts off with Human Resources interviewing you then turns it over to the Hiring Manager where both rate your responses and total to score. The highest score gets the job.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Marion, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed first by our HR and then set up a second interview. The second interview was with the Admin Manager and the dept. manager. A few hours later they called me to let me know I got the job. Both of the interviews seemed quite awkward. They were just reading questions off of a sheet and didn't seem to listen to my answers.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2016.

Interview

Between the phone screen, drug test and background check, and scheduling for orientation, the hiring process took a little over a month. The questions were typical interview questions which weren't difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond as a store associate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Beckley, WV) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical sit down interview with HR manager. Have to pass a work assessment test to get initial interview and must pass a drug test. I don't have any thing else to add, its standard process. It won't submit unless I type more words which is silly because I don't like to read big paragraphs. Less is more, quick and to the point so people don't get bored with reading this big thing.

Anonymous Employee in Troutman, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Troutman, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Management was friendly. There were several people applying for different positions in the training room at the same time. They have you meet with the human resource director one-on-one first. Then, she recommended me to interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary. Benefits were not included in this position.