Lowe's Cashier - Front End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Cashier - Front End Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.4

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Easy. Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for interview. Interviewed with human resources and the department general manager. They had interview other candidates before offering me the job. I was offered job later that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer service situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Bloomsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bloomsburg, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by both the department manager and the store manager. They were very nice. The questions were mainly about my values and ethics. They wanted to know about my personal experience when dealing with specific situations. I was asked if I had anyone who works there and how I felt about promoting from within.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker taking store use cleaning supplies home what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online got call for interview the next day. Interviewed with hr got job on spot. Took drug test same day. Waited a couple days for results on background started within a week from interview

Interview Questions

• How much cashier experience do you have?   1 Answer

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They would give you a call and have you come in for the initial interview. If you were accepted, they would call you again to have you take drug test and provide other information before starting the 1 week orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Washington, MO).

Interview

I interviewed with the HR manager. She asked me a lot of behavioral and situation based questions. If you have worked in retail before, it should not be a problem. I answered questions based on my past work experience and through school examples. It was laid back overall. Everyone else in the front end interviewed with the front end manager, the store manager and the HR manager. I'm not sure why I was only interviewed by HR but I think the panel interview is the normal process for new employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where it was difficult working with a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Henderson, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process starts off with Human Resources interviewing you then turns it over to the Hiring Manager where both rate your responses and total to score. The highest score gets the job.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. You talk to the HR person, do a saliva-based drug test, then briefly talk to the store manager. The process is fairly quick. If you get the job, they let you know in a couple of days. You'll then go through a training seminar with several other new employees. Overall, easy interview. If you get to the interview & pass the drug/background tests, you've got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided extraordinary service. What are your strengths/weaknesses? Can you work weekends, etc.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Marion, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed first by our HR and then set up a second interview. The second interview was with the Admin Manager and the dept. manager. A few hours later they called me to let me know I got the job. Both of the interviews seemed quite awkward. They were just reading questions off of a sheet and didn't seem to listen to my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Harrisonburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was not as hard than you think. Ask about former experience in customer service, cash handling, and telephone etiquette. It was very lack back and she was very nice to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lawton, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the very next morning for an interview. The process was comfortable and the questions asked were designed to get the maximum amount of information about the my experience and skills without feeling interrogated. I was told I would receive a call within 5 days to let me know if I needed to come in for the drug test or didn't get the job. I was called the very next day to come in for drug test by that Friday and to ask me if I would accept the job. I went in for the drug test and filled out some paperwork and was told I would be called with the start date. I was called that Monday and given the date to start. Very professional and one of the best interview I have had.

Interview Questions

• What do I, as an employee, bring to their company. How do I handle high levels of stress. How many years customer service I have had. Would I be interested in moving up in the company, as they try to hire internally first with any opening. Was I interested in medical benefits as well as other benefits. Did I have a problem with taking a drug test   Answer Question