Lowe's Cashier Front-End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.4

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

Process was easy. Interview with two different people. Just asked questions about how you react to different situations and other people. Asking if you have sold something what was it and what did you do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

Regular interview questions. Mostly scenario questions that has to do with past job experience. Explain with a lot of detail, and try to give a great “customer service based” answer, because that’s what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take control of a situation at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were in an unsafe environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

There are about 8-9 questions. I interviewed with 1 manager and she had a packet which had 8-9 questions that were given. There was an answer question portion. She hired me on the spot! It was fantastic, I thought she would tell me they would call me.

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to give them a time that I went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

In short the hiring process took about 3 weeks to a month before I started. I received a call from the HR department and scheduled an interview for the next Monday. First they had me read the job description which was about 4 pages long and then they asked questions. I was interviewed by the HR and store manager. The interview was short and simple. They asked about past experience and wanted to know how I would handle certain situations. They wrote down my answers and then asked me if I had any questions. The interview ended after I asked my questions and they told me they would let me know in a few days. A few days went by and they called me to come in for a drug test on the next Monday. After the test came back clean, I was scheduled for paperwork signing the next Friday. Then they scheduled orientation the next Monday and I finally got to start computer training after that.

Also I have to mention at my particular store, they did not introduce us to anyone and in fact after the orientation, set us loose to figure it out on our own. I didn't know who was who and for weeks didn't know the chain of command, as no one introduced me to them or vice-versa. It was a mess and I feel they are very disorganized and don't know what they are doing. They play a lot of importance on customer service yet, they make the customers life more difficult with the way they do things. For instance they don't train the cashiers where things are or give them a map of frequently asked for items. So when the customer asks where something is, (and they mainly ask the cashiers because all the other people are swamped with returns or helping other customers), the cashier is usually dumbfounded.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with peer pressure and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Super laid back, respectful environment , hypothetical situation questions and also give an example of a time questions. Felt very informal but formal enough if that makes sense. Everyone was kind and helpful

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kingsville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Review and agree to duties, two person interactive interview, positive up beat management, very comfortable and respectful setting, experience with upset and frustrated customers with a positive out come matters. All of the employees i meet are very friendly and respectful to all of the employees and customers along with the perspectives new employees. It is very clean and well kept up. Everyone used please and thank you. It was very professional but layed back and calm. I really enjoyed the interview processes with Lowe's. It really makes you as an interviewe as if your past work experience truly matters. That experience help me to get this job. As long as work and a positive work environment does scare you. This would be great place for you too.

Interview Questions

• Questions are focused around the job you are applying for. Your positive resolution of customers issues from past experience matters.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy going and up beat.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oak Park Heights, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy and laid back. The HR woman made you feel comfortable . She gave me time to answer and after I was done with the interview. She told me I had an offer. She also explained to me on how I would recieve an offer and I would have 24 hours to except it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an tough time with a customer or another associate.   Answer Question

Cashier - Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process was basic and typical. The interview was with the HR manager and then the Store Manager. They both had a set of questions to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Asked me questions about "a time I did this" or "a time I did that". I was already a part time employee and I got positive feedback about me as a desirable employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Big Rapids, MI).

Interview

I applied online, waited several weeks until seasonal hiring began, then received a call to come in for an interview the next day. Was hired at the interview, began orientation within days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about past work experiences that will be beneficial at this job.   Answer Question