Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.3

424 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

It was a very casual interview. I had one interview with the HR manager and one interview with the store manager. I had both interviews in one day but usually they are on two separate occasions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Simple, started through there packet of situational questions and went from one to the next. Previous situations with difficult clients or customers, how you solved the problem. Also, how you handled the unpleasant experience in a professional manner

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw a coworker doing something they should not be doing and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sanford, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

After applying a few weeks ago I was called in for a formal interview. I was in an office with one of the store's assistant managers and we went over 6 general questions about my prior work.

Interview Questions

• One time where you had to rely on a team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Five questions that were situational, such as if you were in this situation what would you do. Then I was called a week later to come in and do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Holmdel, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call to arrange an interview the next day, and conducted the interview the day after that. I was offered the position at the end of the interview, which was very short (ten minutes at most). The manager conducting the interview was polite and professional. Most questions asked about situations in the past that exemplified some trait that the company was looking for in its employees. At the end of the interview I was tested for drug use by an oral swab, and had to go through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past when you had to explain a difficult process to someone.   Answer Question

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ashland, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a basic interview with questions about dealing with customers and co- workers. like name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer and how you and your co-workers completed a job together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sanford, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 days after I submitted the application. Seemed to be a great interview but wasn't picked for the position so I applied for the same position in another dept and am being considered. The HR hiring manager stated that every position has a 3 candidate interview. So the position goes to who seems the most qualified. That's what I call the luck of the draw, so I am not holding my breath

Interview Questions

• Have you ever went above and beyond your job your job description?   Answer Question
    • Have u ever been influenced to break a rule because you've seen others get away with it??? How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to correct a safety hazard while at work?   Answer Question
    • When you and your coworker don't agree about something how did you move forward?   Answer Question
    • Describe a relationship that you formed with a customer?   Answer Question

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Start with a Phone Interview, then an in store interview, if you do well in both you be subject to a Drug Test and Background Check. Phone interview consists of questions regarding your experience in different settings or industries. In person interviews at the store consist of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you maintained a safe work environment   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you wanted to break the rules, but couldn't.   1 Answer
    • What was a time where you were put in a potentially unsafe situation and what did you do to handle it?   1 Answer

Interview

The application was easy to complete. The in-person interview was pleasant and professional. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was conducted by one of the Assistant Store Manager and consisted of several standardized questions. I was given plenty of time to gather my thoughts and answer. Preferred answer was to share something specific from my past experience. Excellent process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to explain a detailed process to another.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Associate II position in Appliances. I was called about a week after I initially submitted my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Once I arrived the HR rep at the store location I applied to explained the position to me, show me the position requirements and duties, and asked me was I able to perform the duties. Once I stated that I was able to perform the duties required, she proceeded with the interview. She asked 7 STAR formatted interview questions. Once she was done she told me that it was Lowes policy to interview 3 candidates and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. She ended up calling me back a week later, and told me that I had the position and asked me to come in for a drug screening and background check. Fairly simple and straightforward interview. The only negative that I had was they offered me $10.75 (which is my lowest paying job ever) and I have 2 years appliance sales experience and over 10 years experience in retail, the only reason I accepted the offer was because it was a part time job for me. The pay was lower than both Sears and Home Depot, whom I've worked for both companies before in appliances.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to address a safety concern in the store. What was the safety issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question