Lowe's Plumbing Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was strictly based on your experience. If you have no clue what you are talking about then you will not be remotely accepted for the position. Plumbing knowledge is the biggest key. My background in plumbing is very knowledgeable, so over all the interview was pretty simple. The biggest thing is knowing how to get water from one point to the other. You will need to know the general codes for plumbing a residential home. These are the key points. If you can answer a lot of questions in this area you will be just fine. The other aspects is SAFETY. As a member of the team you will be working with power equipment, so they want to know your safety position.

Interview Questions

• What is the standard size of a DWV line?   1 Answer

Plumbing Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted the Friday before and went in the Monday following had a little wait had to sign a paper saying I read the job description and was interviewed and after interview was told I would be called with a job offer or emailed if they moved to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a customer to fix a leaking faucet?   Answer Question
    • What codes would you tell the customer if they had a question? What would you do if you were unsure about a code?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They want you to be very elaborate with your answers even if you lie and incorporate key aspects using the I.M.P.A.C.T. method. Use key selling methods and the proper procedures for making customer relationships. Along with answering the questions, they want you to up sale in your story and that you suggested add-on merchandise and offered the extended protection plan and you load them up after you made this big sale, to ensure a customer associate relationship; basically just sell your skills even if your lying. I was just a honest person and if had for me to BS, I worked on the poor side of town and everybody there where cheap, and nickle and dime all they purchases. Even if they bought it they would return the following day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, Name a time you had to get sometime done in a short manner of time, what was it and what was the out come of the situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Euless, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was basic. They have a new interview process that asked a couple more questions than usual. All and all it was very pleasant and took about 15 minutes. Went back 2 days later to take mouth swab test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy with a product and what did you do to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the HR person and a second immediately following with an assistant store manager. The first interview consisted of 5 behavior based questions and the second had 8 similar questions. I was much more "seasoned" than either interviewer and both seemed a little nervous.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when a mistake happened that was your fault an d what you did about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The lower positions interview are easy. Management interviews are very specific and they only want their answers. They follow a format with exact question every time. They don't care about performance or ideas. They want dummy's on management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate customer and what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview questions focus on residential plumbing experience, teamwork, and customer service. In addition to knowing your specialty, you need to bring people skills and problem solving skills to the table. A lot of the store-area specific knowledge can be learned while one the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Christiansburg, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Situational questions using work experiences and encounters with co-workers , customers. Most start with "Tell me a time when___ . Questions were rotated between HR and Assistant Store Manager with each asking one question at a time. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake with a Customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Decatur, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

A process of random questions about different experiences , working with others and customers. One that really makes you think hard about your past experience and dig deep for answers that will fill their expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Seabrook, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seabrook, NH) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick. One on one interview and then background check and drug test. About a week total.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have?   1 Answer