Lowe's Receiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.2

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Came in. Made me take a quick survey. Then the actually interview started. Asked me 7 questions. Left. the questions are very easy. They like answers that are from personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a dangerous situation and how did you fix the problem   Answer Question
    • Describe a time were someone tempted you to do something you knew was against the rules. explain how you handled it   Answer Question
    • How do you stay motivated throughout the day at work when doing boring repetitive tasks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial communication was via email to arrange a phone interview. The interview was with the assistant store manager and it was very good. The questions were very easy and mostly dealt with receiving and following instructions and safety practices.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to follow detailed instructions and provide an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very brief; I asked at the customer service counter to speak with the HR manager, spoke with the HR manager and then store manager at which time I was given a job offer pending the results of the usual personality, background and drug tests. This, of course, was followed by a one week training class before I was released to be power equipment trained by the applicable department manager.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Watertown, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I walked in and shook the Hiring Managers hand. She asked questions like what did you do when you had to shift priorities or describe a time when people relied on you to be accurate

Receiver/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

didnt get called for 2 mo. forgot i applyed. interview was ok asked hypothetical Q and A. tell me about a time..., called me for interview to come in two days di interview was hired right then and there. they made me an hourly $ offer and then accept are decline.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time that you had to make a decicion on your own to change a plane.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jackson, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It wasn't what I thought it was going to be like it was rather quick but went well but I still was very nervous and I exesplanade that to the interview person and they reassured me I was going to be fine and it was just fine

Interview Questions

• What would u do in this senero   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation when u didnt kno what to do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple process involving a scheduled interview date with the appropriate interviewing manager. After application is complete, an email or phone call will be sent to the applicant with information on the interview date and time. Wearing formal clothing and being properly groomed to the interview is very important.

Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Defuniak Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Defuniak Springs, FL).

Interview

Usually interviews will be with Zone Manager and Store Manager. For lower level the interview may be with a Zone Manager only. If you have a successful interview they will make you an offer of an hourly rate and then ask you to take a personality test, drug test and back ground check. It can take up to a week or week and a half for results. If you pass those test they will set up a day to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you have a difficult time with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for what you want upfront because you won't see much more after hired.

Ltl Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bartlesville, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

not given and interview to position, job was saved for former employee who was liked by management that just quit a week before, not a fair process at all. very upset with the lack of professionalism that the HR department and upper management toward the whole interview process, I assume that they only do what they really want to do...

Seasonal Receiver/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Anderson, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview from a virtual recruiter. I had put in an application online and they were interested so they called me. It was a Hawaii phone number which kind of threw me off for a little bit. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, it was pretty straight forward. They wanted to know what experience I had that I could bring to the table, as well as how I would handle particular customer situations. I put in the application about 6 days before I heard anything, after the initial interview the job was offered within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have working in a retail environment?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to diffuse a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question