Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.3

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I had 4 separate interviews over a month before I was hired. Each time you meet with someone higher up in management. It was time consuming. I almost didn't keep going back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lowes?   1 Answer

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Glasgow, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Fairly laid back, direct question requiring simple answers. There were several questions about handling disputes with customers and coworkers. They look for individuals who are self motivated and can work well with others.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chester, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

They call you in for an interview. You should be interviewing with the manager of your department. It's a simple interview with basic questions on how you handled different situations. Afterwards, if they offer you a job, they will do a background test and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• They ask you simple questions to reflect back on previous experience and how you handled said situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Point, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (South Point, OH).

Interview

The have you come in and answer the name a time type questions, which have nothing to do with the job you are applying for. It's a two part interview process. With second interview exactly like the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond for the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Norwalk, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a call after applying online on their website and set up an interview. Went in that day and waited by the Customer Services desk. The HR rep came for me and i interviewed in a small office they have by the registers. She was nice, lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Asked about 4-5 generic questions and wrote down my response. Each interview is scored after the session has ended based off your responses. There was no indication to how the responses were graded just that the interview with the highest score would be selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work in a group to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Got called in to have an interview with HR and store manager. The interview went really well, it was like talking to a friend. Got a call a few days after the interview to come in for a drug test and was called about a week later and offered the job when the drug test and background check came back. All in all, it was a pleasant process.

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Clermont, FL).

Interview

The HR rep is the one who conducted the interview. It was actually a fairly quick process at the time. They had over 300+ people apply for approximately 8 positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you found out what a customer needed?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Paint Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the paint position and interviewed for it as well but was placed somewhere else immediately. I was utterly lied to. I never would have applied if I knew they were disingenuous about my position.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had a tough customer. How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Northridge, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

For a part time job that was told they can't tell me if it is 10 hours or 15 hours was interviewed twice. I was interviewed twice for a part time job. Too many form questions. The manager was not able to make much of eye contact. He had to look at the form he had and ask me questions

Interview Questions

• They kept asking if you can be available 7 days a week at all store hours   1 Answer