Lowe's Seasonal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.3

Seasonal Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lafayette, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and laid back. When I arrived, my interviewer gave me a handout of the job description, then I signed it and went it to the interview. He told me a little about the job, what is to be expected, then started with the 5 questions.

a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
    b)When was a time that a group of people were dependent on you to get a task done
    c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
    d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
    e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?

Then he told me a little more about the job and then asked if I had any questions. Be sure to ask at least 2-3 questions. Then the interview was over and he said if I passed the interview they would call me for part two where they do the background and drug test. I was emailed an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
      c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
      d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
      e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?
      Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Easy. Asked run of the mill interview questions, some of which seemed repetitive. I was offered the job immediately after the interview, then did the drug test (saliva stick) and background check submissions at the store. I started work about a week and a half after submitting the drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that would contribute to the job you applied for?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, just went in and HR guy just sits you down and ask you straight forward questions for the interview. He gave me a offer right after the interview and now I just have to wait for the background check to go through and the drug test results.

Interview Questions

• What difficult situation did your co-workers have to rely on for you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application process, in-person Computer-based questionnaire, and then one on one interview in the store. There is a skills review portion in addition to a background screening and drug test before an offer will be made for employment. Very professional and courteous hiring process and the company appears to care about its employees quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult challenge and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Longview, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After 1-2 weeks, received a call to come in for an interview. Arrived early, taken back to office, asked standard questions by assistant manager while another manager sat and observed in the back. Offered the position despite lack of work experience, went home and accepted offer through e-mail. Drug testing and background check took about an extra week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be precise in your work. (roughly paraphrased)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a short phone interview with the HR manager. Then there was an interview in person with the HR manager and one more interview with the front end ASM.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were to describe something in the past. Describe a time that required attention to detail, a time when a policy changed and your respnse, or a dangerous situation and how you handled it. Also, how would you help a customer? And, what makes you think you can do this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

The interview process was pretty cool. I was hired threw manpower. I never knew they had an agency to do that. But I loved the people during my interview. Hiring people are really friendly.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to be a customer service representative?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Came in and she explained the job description,and the number of hours I will get, and asked if I wanted to continue with the interview, The interview was very short. She asked three questions and I took a drug test, then got a call back a week later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer   Answer Question

Seasonal Home Decor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview began with usual "tell me about yourself" type questions and why you want to work at Lowes. Asked to explain my understanding of the job for which I was applying. Next, was told that I would be asked a series of questions, to answer them to the best of my ability and in great detail because I would be "graded" on my responses and the interviewer would be writing down my responses and making notes. The interviewer said he was looking for very specific things in my answers.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warren, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Straight forward interview with quick generic questions that didn't always make sense to the job I was applying for. Some of them I couldn't even understand their importance at all, and the interviewer and I even laughed a little bit as she was asking them. But she was very nice through the whole process and just answered them truthfully. After that I immediately got offered the job pending my drug test coming back clean. I then talked to HR and was scheduled to start an online safety and policy training course in a computer lab which lasted about a week, then I started on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using the computer and/or hand held device to find and organize inventory?   1 Answer