Lowe's Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.2

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

Easy interview, as long as you can pass a drug test and have a clean record you'll get the job. Only one in person interview and you will get a job within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unsafe workplace situation you've been in and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted the online application, and later received a call from the store asking to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was very short (5-10 minutes), and asked my response to 5 situation-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you worked in a group setting.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. About 7-10 name an example when questions. Interviewed with just the head of HR. Called to schedule an interview for an hour later and thirty minutes after that, I had a job.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time a change happened at work that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Seasonal Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lafayette, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and laid back. When I arrived, my interviewer gave me a handout of the job description, then I signed it and went it to the interview. He told me a little about the job, what is to be expected, then started with the 5 questions.

a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
    b)When was a time that a group of people were dependent on you to get a task done
    c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
    d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
    e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?

Then he told me a little more about the job and then asked if I had any questions. Be sure to ask at least 2-3 questions. Then the interview was over and he said if I passed the interview they would call me for part two where they do the background and drug test. I was emailed an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• a)Tell me about a time where you were faced with a safety issue
      c)How to you respond to change? (situation and how did you react)
      d)Why would you be good for this position/why do you want to work for Lowe's?
      e)How do you figure out a customer's needs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Longview, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After 1-2 weeks, received a call to come in for an interview. Arrived early, taken back to office, asked standard questions by assistant manager while another manager sat and observed in the back. Offered the position despite lack of work experience, went home and accepted offer through e-mail. Drug testing and background check took about an extra week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be precise in your work. (roughly paraphrased)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a short phone interview with the HR manager. Then there was an interview in person with the HR manager and one more interview with the front end ASM.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were to describe something in the past. Describe a time that required attention to detail, a time when a policy changed and your respnse, or a dangerous situation and how you handled it. Also, how would you help a customer? And, what makes you think you can do this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

The interview process was pretty cool. I was hired threw manpower. I never knew they had an agency to do that. But I loved the people during my interview. Hiring people are really friendly.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to be a customer service representative?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Came in and she explained the job description,and the number of hours I will get, and asked if I wanted to continue with the interview, The interview was very short. She asked three questions and I took a drug test, then got a call back a week later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Frederick, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and completed a personality test. Next, I was offered an interview (via phone). On interview day, I arrived at Lowe's and read through the job description. Then, I answered several open-ended questions with the HR Manager. I completed a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a policy change, and how did you react to this change?   Answer Question
    • Tell me one example of when you were put in an unsafe situation at the workplace. What did you do to remove the risk?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you provided outstanding customer service to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Panama City Beach, FL).

Interview

You apply on line and make sure to check that your available for all shifts or you won't get a call back!
    HR will call you to do a phone screen and set you up an appointment to come in for an in person interview.
    You will have a 2 people interview process done individually back to back with HR and Assistant Store Manager.
    5-7 questions about your customer service experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a negative customer and how you dealt with them and turn it around into a positive sales experience?   Answer Question