Lowe's Senior Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Senior Programmer Interview Questions

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Over 3 phone interviews and 3 on location interviews. Never really discussed the position only continued to ask me required company questions about past bad experiences in the work place and how I resolved them. They portrayed Lowe's has having a lot of internal strife and lack of excepting new technology and ways of thinking. I was impressed with their campus but the people I met who worked there didn't seem happy or content.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice, would you chose to have your projects changed on a daily basis with a short notice with an end of day timeline or, not being able to get the needed answers to successfully meet the end of day timelines?   1 Answer

Due to the 2 month interview process, I excepted another position. I also didn't feel like it was a very positive environment. They can't seem to be able to make a decision and run with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got a call on the next day and was asked some standard questions. A skype interview was schedule with a panel of 3 interviewers.
    Skype interview was mostly technical with some behavioral questions. Technical questions were very basic.
    Got called for onsite interview. The date for the interview was changed later.
    The onsite interview was completely behavioral. Almost no technical questions were asked though the position was technical.

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

It long for me to get into Lowe's. I am an employee who requires sponsorship. It will take more time to join lowe's after the offer letter is given. Lowe's has one technical round over phone & then 1:1 technical round & Panel round. Negotiation took lot of time with HR.

Interview Questions

• Difficult situations that I have been in previous expernice & how did I come out it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

lowes reached out to me for an opening they had on their site. I filled the form on their site and they arranged for a phone interview which was really simple, where your recruiting manager asks about your experience. then they scheduled a group interview with their technical team which was at lowes hq where i had 2 rounds of interviews.

Although i was recruited for a technical role, the questions were not technical role at all. All the questions they ask are 12th grade programming questions which are really simple.

Interview Questions

• some data types related questions   1 Answer
    • a puzzle... very easy...   1 Answer

Negotiation

i know a few folks who joined in the same role as i am in... and they pay the industry standard.

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

HR called me so there was a desire for them to bring me on board. The interview was with 3 people, but the hiring manager could not attend (Lowe's expects employees to spend 6 hours a day in meetings, and do the 8 hours of work either by staying late or by working from home after a full day at the office... so that explained why he could not make the interview). The people were very friendly who interviewed me... they were peers and not management which made a huge difference. Their new building is very impressive, however it is easy to get lost, and it takes 15-20 minutes to walk from one end to the other, so depending on where your interview is you might want to arrive an extra 20 minutes early just in case. They asked some technical questions, but also wanted to know how you handle stress (which should be a clue!) and juggling multiple high-profile tasks all with immediate deadlines. It's definitely a challenge, but they don't tell you about why the position is open so make sure you ask. And also ask about the trends in the annual employee opinion surveys as that is important information to consider.

Interview Questions

• For me, the hardest interview questions to answer are those about what my "negative" attributes are. Of course that was one of the questions they asked!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lowe's does not negotiate unless you are going for upper management positions.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wilkesboro, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Mailed resume and cover letter then did a follow up phone call. Also, scheduled an appointment with HR to discuss my interest, intentions and explore current openings at the General Office. In addition, as a surprise, had an opportunity to meet with a Project Manager for about an hour to get a general feeling of the company environment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Had 1 telephonic and 1 face one-o-one. HR is not so courteous but ok.

Lowes has a beautiful facility which will make you want to work there. However for some projects they use old technology. That could pose a risk to your career if you want to be in a job that uses the latest technologies.

Lowes has a great office except where IT staff sits. It is the most crudest infrastructure I have seen. No formal cubes. The area itself covered by white boards with drawings on them. Looks really messy. For companies that think removing cubicles will encourage collaboration, I disagree with them. Presence of cubicles lets the employee focus on his work. Without a cubicle employee gets distracted a lot and reduces his efficiency.

Interview Questions

Technology being used by Lowes a bit old.