Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,063 Interview Reviews

2.5

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Liverpool, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

3 Step Application. - (1) Applied online - - - (2) -Met with HR Director - Completed the typical 7 question quiz - as i would call it - met again with the Hiring Manager - to review if i would accept the position - salary etc.,

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview but after providing information was contacted a week later that the position was no longer available. There is a communication issue and it wasn't really addressed. I felt that the associate interviewing me was short and disinterested. It seemed as if they felt I wasn't right for the role.

Interview Questions

• About my experience working as a freelancer.   1 Answer

Interior Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Phone interview was more like a screening to make sure you had the qualifications needed to do the job. The in person interview did not take place until months later and was with a store manager and a sales manager. The interview was grueling- lots of "what would you do in this scenario" type questions. This interview really made the job seem less about interior design and more about sales and closing rates, etc. the base salary was also not relayed as the same during the initial telephone interview

Interview Questions

• If a customer that you've worked with for days or weeks decides they just want to wait and shop around- what would you say to save the sale?   Answer Question

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vancouver, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Job fair then two interviews with HR and 67 tests (yes I said 67 tests).... if you can actually get through the application process which is incredibly difficult you MIGHT get an interview. The application process for this company is absolutely insane!!!!!! Also a personality test, drug test, credit check and lifestyle check. (A lifestyle check is when they call all the members of your family and ask about you.)

Interview Questions

• Can I work in extreme conditions?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift extremely heavy items?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in extreme cold?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in extreme heat?   1 Answer
    • Am I trained in bloodborne pathogens?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 members from the department. They described the day-to-day duites and mentioned pay scale- felt duties did not match pay - pay too low for position. Asked if negotiable and was told no.

Interview Questions

• Your basic Behavior /Structured Questions you will find on the internet. The interview seem intense, because you feel like your being interrogated by 3 people.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very in depth. Be honest and be prepared. These managers are sharp. Lowe's has a wonderful training program and lots of years of experience. The questions come at you in paragraphs so be prepared to answer them in depth while notes are being taken. very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions. Tell me about a time questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2015.

Interview

They sit you down and have you read the much expanded version of your job description and sign off on it. Then you are called back to an interview room. They do nothing to make you comfortable. (offer water). That should tell you something. They go over all the negatives (job requirements). The manager yawned during my interview.

Interview Questions

• This is retail You work long hours, you work holidays. Are you still interested. Normal hours are 7 to 5:30. You closed the store one day and have to be back at 7 am. You work every other Saturday and get every other Wednesday off. You could be asked to drive an hour away, are you still interested? The ask ten prewritten scenario questions. If you are a professional, have worked in companies that have their act together and you were a good manager, you may not have had the exact issues they present.   1 Answer

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2015.

Interview

As an internal it took a while to get other candidates. New interview packets with ASM. Long wait. Not overly positive. Took too long and the questions were extremely difficult. Expected more than an answer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were responsible for checking quality of something.   1 Answer
    • tell me about a yime you fixed an issue for a difficult customer or situation.   Answer Question
    • explain what you would do if given a task you felt was above your job level.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Elsinore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lake Elsinore, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

A long survey. Did not seem needed, the job does not require such a time consuming survey. Excess of 100 questions. For Lowes to ask some questions, just doesn't make sense. Seems like if you have a friend who works with Lowes you will get a job really easy. I feel that in the area I lived in possibly it should be the easiest job to get. Instead I feel that favoritism is a key thing they have here. My friend got the job instead of me, because he knew someone who worked there. Does not make sense for individuals who have a better record not to get the job. I wonder how people even allow for such things to occur right infront of them .

Counsel/Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Morrisville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Difficult. Attorneys were aggressive and rude at times. Required to complete a writing assignment on the spot. Was not provided an interview schedule in advance even though I met 10 different attorneys.

Interview Questions

• "Write a letter to the General Counsel Explaining why we should hire you in bullet point format."   Answer Question