Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017
3,250 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Basic, it's an entry level retail job. What's your strengths and weaknesses. Explain the time when you made a bad decision. Explain a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. HR did take a long time to process the new hires when the sales floor was needing a lot of help.

Lumber Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy. Application at computer in store. Then followed up with interview with Human Resource manager in store. Cheek swap drug test in building and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual interview questions: why do you want to work here, what do you know about us...the usual   Answer Question

Alll Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I have interviewed twice. Same scripted antiseptic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes- you have to play hard to get it!

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Long interview with the usual retail questions "tell me about a time when..."

CSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

many ov er the years with periodic raises!

Interview Questions

• questions too vague and open for managements person preferences   Answer Question

Negotiation

i have had 6 differant depts in 12 years!

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Describe a time you dealt with an irate customer and what did you do to solve the problem?

Programmer Interview

Interview

Phone interview about one hour then a face to face with 3senior. The interview was straight forward and simple

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Two interviews. One with the human resources manager and one with an assistant store manager. I was already working for lowes so new hire may be different, but I don't think so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your manager gave you a project but didn't give enough information to complete the project. What was the project, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There are three interviews and a Drug screening and they usually hire from within the company unless they really want to get rid of someone or see them as valuable in another department position then they look elsewhere outside the store for applicants. Over all it can be pretty tough to get into Lowes unless you show them your best side.

Negotiation

It was 5 years ago I really don't remember.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process can be very faceless in the beginning. All applicants must apply either online at home or on a computer in the store. You are left at the whim of the HR hiring manager to call you back. Once contacted, an interview is set up reviewing the resume and asking the typical job interview questions. Part of the interview process is an extremely long survey that is done to ensure that you are fit to be an employee and do have bad tendencies (ie stealing, drug abuse, etc).

Interview Questions

• Why I wore a suit to an interview at lowe's.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable for the loader position