Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017
3,092 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Interview

thank you for giving me opportunity to share this experience! This was certainly one of the most awkward conversation that I had, and it wasn't even an interview. So, I was looking for a part time evening job. This store had postings throughout parking lot, huge sign on the building, and side streets. I checked out their website, but it was only couple job openings. So, I stopped with my husband to ask if I can fill out job application. A lady with supervisor badge instructed me to come to see HR next day, because they had more than 20 openings that are not posted online. I came next day, and actually I was put in very awkward position. HR didn't want to shake my hand and he kept asking me on and on with a tone and body language who told me that there are job openings. I tried to lighten up this situation. I offered him a folder with my resume and cover letter. He actually stepped back, simultaneously putting his hands behind his back. Very inappropriately letting me know he doesn't want to touch my resume! I actually have very respectful experience, earned with respectful retail company, above average results, and working history, I am a good human being, hard working and ethical. I volunteer for my community 16 hours/month. I help the one in need. However, I was put in such weird position, standing in the middle of the store, because I offered my skills to a company for almost minimum wage and HR didn't find a decency to have 5 mins of respectful and professional conversation even to decline my application. Oh, boy! Needless to say they lost me and my family as customers as well. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• who told you that there are more job openings? I don't know who could tell you there are more job openings? who told you there are more job openings?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Syracuse, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Jobs are posted promptly, interviews are schedule quickly. Sometimes, though, there are better candidates, when given, the feedback is encouraging and constructive. Management is very supportive when motivated asociates seek advancement.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

Easy interview, as long as you can pass a drug test and have a clean record you'll get the job. Only one in person interview and you will get a job within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unsafe workplace situation you've been in and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Associate II position in Appliances. I was called about a week after I initially submitted my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Once I arrived the HR rep at the store location I applied to explained the position to me, show me the position requirements and duties, and asked me was I able to perform the duties. Once I stated that I was able to perform the duties required, she proceeded with the interview. She asked 7 STAR formatted interview questions. Once she was done she told me that it was Lowes policy to interview 3 candidates and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. She ended up calling me back a week later, and told me that I had the position and asked me to come in for a drug screening and background check. Fairly simple and straightforward interview. The only negative that I had was they offered me $10.75 (which is my lowest paying job ever) and I have 2 years appliance sales experience and over 10 years experience in retail, the only reason I accepted the offer was because it was a part time job for me. The pay was lower than both Sears and Home Depot, whom I've worked for both companies before in appliances.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to address a safety concern in the store. What was the safety issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. There was an 11 page questionnaire that followed. It contained questions that were more behavioral and would have made for good interview discussion, but it was difficult to pick an agree/neutral/disagree answer. Local HR called the next day to schedule an interview onsite. I interviewed with the store HR manager. The interview lasted an hour. I think the HRM was very new to interviews. He had me fill out employee availability paperwork for scheduling, described the job duties, asked me if I could do them, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I asked 3 questions and he gave me thorough answers--it was just a conversational interview. Then he asked me a series of behavior "tell me a time when..." questions. I answered those, we talked some more, and then he asked if I had any questions for him! I had to come up with a few more questions on the spot.
    The HRM didn't seem satisfied with any of my answers. He had planned follow-up questions that he asked regardless of what I answered, so my answers felt redundant to me.
    I was told they are required to interview a certain number of people , and that I'd hear back via email in approximately 10 days. It's only been a day, I'm not hopeful that I will receive an offer. The HR coordinator works directly with the HRM in a small shared office, and like I said, he didn't seem impressed with my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a tedious job function, how did you stay motivated and energized to complete your tasks day after day? After I answered, he repeated the question and asked me to just answer for how I stayed motivated, and then again for how I stayed energized. (ridiculous)   Answer Question

Customer Sales Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Orchard, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Port Orchard, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

One in store interview about 25-40 minutes. Came in and was told to read the full job description. From there went through a series of common interview questions, describe a time..... type of questions. There were only about 5-7 questions total. They use a grading system for your answers, so the interviewer's subjective opinion matters a lot. They had four different people doing interviews with other candidates.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Galesburg, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Lowes has a process that they have to interview at least three people for a position. so, I realized that I was one of the pretend interviews. they already had someone of interest and my interview felt cold and without meaning. I travelled 50 miles to a fake interview. i rearranged my day and made it so I could go to the interview only for it to be over before it started. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did not agree with your boss and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Load Puller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aztec, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Aztec, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

I was previously employed by Lowes for 4+ years. I applied for several jobs, and knew I needed to for each job. I went through the interview proses and was told I would be informed with an offer or decline for that position.

Interview Questions

• They ask me questions on How I would react, or dealt with different situations in the past. Normal Questions I expected.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Marrero, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online July 17, 2017 and I had an interview with the ASM on July 27, 2017. I answered 8 questions and i did a drug test & background check. Just waiting for a phone call now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above & beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Port Orange, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

the process was with 2 managers usually a hr manager and a asm the questions were very easy and anybody that knows someone that works there can get the questions not hard but the try to play good cop bad cop

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult situation with a employee and how you handled it   Answer Question