Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,050 Interview Reviews

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Situational based questions very pointed at specific answers. Interview is with Store manager. Looking for you to have a identify, plan, solve, and sustain scale of answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online. I then received a call a couple days later. I set up a interview date. I then went into the store then to customer service to let them know I was there for a interview. It seem to take a while for the manager to come up to the front to get me. I then was brought into the back where I was explained the position that I applied for. I was then asked 5 or 7 questions. The whole process was pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Has anyone tried to pressure you in to something you didn't want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you seen a unsafe condition and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and called the store a week later to check on my application and got an interview straight away. The interview was relaxed, my interviewer just asked me a couple questions and then handed me paperwork.

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Standard interview - asked my background, strengths, weaknesses, experience, availability and start date. Also talked about making it to the second round and providing a saliva sample for drug testing

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask you scenario questions such as, "if someone had a problem and approached you and you didn't know the answer how would you handle that" Those sort of things. They operate off of a points systems. If you mention certain phrases or words they give you points which they add up. Be sure to research their latest customer promotion programs and work them into your answers.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Champaign, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the interview with confidence, was not nervous at all. They asked a little about my previous experience. The asked the reason I was applying for the position. They did not ask about my experience in sales. I found that a bit odd considering I was applying for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to fix a problem that was brought to you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Schertz, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Lowes, Schertz TX. - got the call, interviewed scheduled, 2 days later got and offer (phone and email), went back in for drug testing performed by the HR person (mouth swab only). drug test and background test took about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• One question was describe a time when you had to persuade people to follow procedures when they were not being followed, and how did you handle that?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

During the interview, I was asked about my schedule and when I could be available. Thankfully, my Lowe's store is willing to be very flexible with scheduling. I was then asked eight, situational-type questions. From my understanding this is how most stores do their interview process, so be sure to go into as much detail as possible. If you don't have any prior work experience, tell them what you would do in given situations if you were to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question
    • Q: "Describe a time at work or school where you were involved in a potentially dangerous situation"   Answer Question
    • Q: "Describe a time where you had to work as a team with your coworkers."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

Filled out some paperwork like when can and can't you work. Was asked to read the about position. The HR asked 5-8 questions and wrote down everything you said. Was asked to only give examples when when I did this and not say what I would do.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you where upset with a policy change and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you where asked to do something unsafe   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you provided good customer service   Answer Question

Exterior Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Temecula, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very by the book with set parameters. There were 8 questions and you had to sign the position description to acknowledge your understanding of the requirements. One on One interview with no presure and open ended questions for you to answer in your own style.