Lowe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,917 Interview Reviews

2.5

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Easy questions, interviewed with two people. Got the offer directly after interviewing. Had to take mouth swab drug test. Started the next week with orientation then got thrown right in the mix.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Talked to HR and then store manager. Surprised never talked to people I would actually work for. I had to go back three times before finally had everything done for starting work. Once for Hr interview, one for store manager interview, and once for drug test

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of customer service what would you do. Also tell me about a time when... They were a list of questions not much small talk. Interview was quick and over within 15 minutes..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offered amount with no wiggle room

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with Store manager and district manager. Not always good follow up. Had to call several times to HR manager and find out status of my application and or employment.Once hired average training program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you successfully led a group of employees to achieve a specific goal and what was outcome ?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, just went in and HR guy just sits you down and ask you straight forward questions for the interview. He gave me a offer right after the interview and now I just have to wait for the background check to go through and the drug test results.

Interview Questions

• What difficult situation did your co-workers have to rely on for you?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warren, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with doing a online process about getting government aid. Then had a 1 on 1 laid back interview. Which was mainly to answer the printed list of questions the interviewer had.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time I disagreed with a company policy change.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interiors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oswego, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the lowes career site and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later to do a phone interview. I received a call from the store Manager to go down and interview with him and the market manager the next week.

Interview Questions

• Very situational sales questions l. Really like sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable

PSI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After doing an online application I received a call from HR, within a few days I received a call from assistant manager. Interview appointment with store manager and assistant manager . Standard interviewing questions about experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• From a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge on: cabinets, plumbing, counter tops, electrical.   1 Answer

Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Citrus Heights, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within an hour of applying. I got an interview the following Friday, I called in the following Monday and was made a job offer contingent upon me going through a background check and having a drug test come back negative. So in other words I'm getting the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to assist a customer in finding what they need/want   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were depended on by a group of people to complete a goal or project, how did you manage to complete said objective, and what ways do you feel you could have done better   Answer Question
    • So tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How do you feel you can attribute to working with us in a professional scale   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in March 2017.

Interview

I had to answer the tax questions on the computer first. Then the ASM asked me the typical questions of recalling times that I had to do anything that was work or school related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work together as team with your co-workers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called and phone screened, and then in person interview with regional hr manager and store manager. Initial chit chat, they described the position and requirements. Was I still interested. They asked for a brief overview and after that they asked 10 behavioral questions, each had a follow up (or two ).

Glassdoor made me say whether I had received an offer, accepted or not. I clicked received offer but I do not know since the interview just happened.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a supervisor asked you to do something unethical, what did you do? Describe a time you had to communicate a policy change, what was your communications strategy? When was a time you went above and beyond your job duties. Tell me about it.   Answer Question

See What Lowe's Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Customer Service Associate I in Defuniak Springs, FL

Pros: “The learning curve for an inexperienced person is very high, but I would have to say the experience working at Lowe's is worth it. Lowe's is a company that promotes within, so if...”“The learning curve for an inexperienced person is very high, but I would have to say the experience working at Lowe's is worth it. Lowe's is a company that promotes within, so if you put in good time and work, you will be taken care of. Also, if you want to learn how to build or repair things, Lowe's is the right place to learn from as they have almost all the materials necessary to get the job done, including tutorial videos. Lowe's is also a great stepping stone into different careers. I can use my knowledge in outdoor power equipment and building materials and translate it into a career in Project Management or Contracting.” – Full Review