Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goose Creek, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Goose Creek, SC).

Interview

The interview was very brief and it was not a one on one interview. There were about 10 people in the interview. We were not asked any questions about our past job experience.

Customer Service Associate Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and received a call from HR the following Saturday, so 8 days later, and set up an interview for that coming Monday. I interviewed with a Manager and asked scenario type questions like, "give me an example of a time when you identified a customers need and describe how you handled it" and "give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer", etc. The interview took 45 to 60 minutes and was very casual. I asked how many positions they were trying to fill for the CSA Front End position and she said around 11 because many of the college kids are heading back to school. At the end of the interview the manager said she was going to recommend to HR to hire me. That was 8 days ago and I am still waiting to hear the status. My application status online still says "under consideration". A very positive experience so far. It seems like it would be a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak more than one language, other than English?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a call a few days after applying online. Did an interview and was scheduled for a second interview for the following day. Took a drug test right after second interview. Received an email 17 days later asking for my availability for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I received a few cents less than I requested. However I'm making more here than at my old job and with all the benefits I receive that'll make up for the difference.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banner Elk, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Banner Elk, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in store. Was promised a response by email within a week, but never heard from personnel manager. Personnel manager read scripted questions from a list. She was quite impersonal and somewhat cold.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you were put in a dangerous situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you felt pressured by peers and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lacey, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

A series of 'What would you do" questions. For the most part I answered a majority of the questions having used my experiences of my last job as answers. I suggest if the experiences you had with your last job were negative, then don't tell Lowe's that in an interview. Yes, go ahead and lie if you really need the job. They don't appear to like honesty very much.

Customer Service Associate II - Paint Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jacinto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Jacinto, CA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was quick and easy. I applied online, received a phone call within a week or so from the HR manager asking pretty basic questions. Then I came in the following day for an ASM interview. He asked me the standard "Tell me a time" and "Describe a time" questions, asked me about myself, he was a very interested and personable manager. Then he walked me back across the hall to the HR Manager to tell her to hire me, and that was that! Orientation is on Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, although they offered me $2.04 an hour more than my previous employer without even asking which was nice.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Cake walk, take a second to think about what you're going to say and say it. If you can pass first grade you can pass this. Think about how you would handle other people in a civil and safe manor any you really can't screw it up.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you were put in a dangerous situation at work and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Long. Going through the interview first with HR,then with ASM and then with store manager. Overall it was a simple interview. If you've worked in retail it's really just more of the same. If you're applying for a pro position they're is a small knowledge test to see if you're qualified to give advice. It's pretty basic. They do oral swabbing for drug screening during the process.

Interview Questions

• About how I've handle customer conflict in the past?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Once you get a call the head of Human Resources sets up an interview with you. Your first interview will be with the head of HR. If the head of HR likes you she sets up a second interview with the store manager. Both interviews basically ask you the same questions.

Interview Questions

• A customer is looking to buy paint but doesn't know what color to choose how do you approach this situation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bartow, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Online format, then "tax benefit" questionnaire, and in person interview,,, Felt completely blown off by the Assistant Store Manager, as they seemed to be more concerned with having their "free-time" to "escape and hide" from their duties.ASM made it clear that I was over qualified and would not be hired, but needed to have a minimal number of interviews.