Lowe's Kitchen Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Kitchen Designer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Shakopee, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

They will call you first and ask some basic questions over the phone and ask if you would like to come in for an interview.
Then you will come in and talk with the manger of the store and then the district manager at the same time.
M

Interview Questions

• Do you get upset easily?
    What would you do in a situation where someone become angry?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Carrollton, MD).

Interview

HR called for an interview... made one for 3 days later... showed up met with hr and asm to do interview. Said they needed to do a few more interviews and would let me know if I was chosen.

Interview questions:
    name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?

.On a scale from 1-10 how well do you know depts:
    kitchens
    plumbing
    appliances
    live nursery
    flooring
    Whatever your highest choice was:
    Pick a product from that dept and sell it to me...ie tell me its pros and cons price range how it compares to another product etc.

Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer, how did you handle it?

Name a time when you were interrupted In the middle of a task, how did you respond?

What do you think it takes to do well in this position?

Interview Questions

• 10.What would you do with any free time you had when the store was not as busy?   Answer Question
    • 9. How do you approach a customer in your dept? How would you ensure that you got all of the relevant information?   Answer Question
    • 8. What do you love about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question
    • 7. Name a time when a manager asked you to do something and the instructions were unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • 6. Say you suggested an item for a customer and the price was to high? How do you work around this and close the sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Birmingham, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

The process can be very lengthy. Each position must have a certain amount of applicants interviewed before a decision can be made. One other reason it can take so long, which is great in the long run, is the fact that a great deal of filled positions is due to in house promotions etc.

The interview process is going to be typical in format for most customer service and retail positions. The difference here is they want to know how much you know about home improvement; specifically whatever category of product you are going to be selling (if applying as a specialist, pro, etc)

You are going to get the questions to access your willingness to be a team player while at the same time some questions will be very close in format but they are looking for an answer that shows leadership ability.

You will be asked about difficult situations with both workload and previous conflicts with co workers; how you handled them; what the scenario was; why you viewed a co worker to be difficult to work with (there are some trap door questions so prepare and analyze the entire series from question to questions as they ask them). Was that co worker hard to work with because they were lazy or didn't do their job properly, or was it because they didn't do it in a way that you thought it should.

Be prepared to be interviewed by both store manager and HR and the same time.

Finally, use the tactic of taking a question and turning it into a question for them. Example below

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sale a certain product; with one member of management being the customer, the other observing.   1 Answer

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

met with HR and dept mgr

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Morgantown, WV) in April 2012.

Interview

I got an interview with the HR woman and she informed me I got the job on the spot. But it took her TWO WEEKS to call and schedule my drug test, I ended up calling myself and reminding her I needed to have it done. She is extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• They ask generalized, common interview questions. Nothing super complicated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

She told me what the corporate office was offering, I didn't argue about it.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Moline, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager first and then with the department supervisor and store manager. It was an informal setting, very relaxed, not real stressful.The questions were typical interview questions about experience, personal strengths and weaknesses,etc.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Macon, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Star Interview Process. It is a lot of questions starting off....a Tell me about a time. It really is not an interview where they get to know your strengths or weaknesses. Very cold interview process. They don't ask you and specific interview questions to understand who you are as a worker.

Interview Questions

• All questions start.... Tell me about......   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview focused on sales experience. They were looking for your sales skills and your ability to sell them you as an employee. The interviewers knew nothing about design and were not interested in my portfolio probably because they didn't have the ability to read blueprints. Also, there was no computer literacy component to the hiring process - which I later learned was a problem with their current employees.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customer was unhappy and what you did to turn the experience to a positive one. They were very interested in giving the customer a great experience even if the customer was not a good customer. If you could demonstrate a superior ability to deal with difficult people you were a contender for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They were authorized to offer an hourly rate and you could take it or leave it. Other benefits like vacation, scheduling, and sick leave were also mandated and not open to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Cookie cutter style. Tell them what they want to hear. Do not stray from unrealistick positive attitude.

Negotiation

Be strong on your pay rate!!!! It will be your only chance to haggel. Your pay IS negociable!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

Have had several interviews with various HR people only to have them move to another store or position. With one HR manager, he was very interested in what I had to say but got no feedback what so ever. I continued to .followed up and then he was gone.

With another, I was one of a few being considered for a position...very professional and upbeat HR person. I had to keep walking in the store and following up. I had a one on one interview and the HR manager was extremely impressed. I was one a few selected for consideration, however, no decision was made and the HR person moved out of the position. Turns out I was told I was overqualified.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were difficult at this level.   Answer Question