Lowe's Loader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Loader Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online. I was looking for part time work and this seemed like something easy. I got a phone interview followed up with a brief interview at the store. The interviewer seemed kind of disinterested and for part of the time busy wth other things. I did learn that their busy season is not around Christmas but it is in the spring (because that is when people start projects they have been putting off and buy stuff).

Interview Questions

• Describe some mistake you did at work. How did you correct it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Rockledge, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rockledge, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Asked Basic situational questions

Interview Questions

• If you came in contact with a unhappy guest what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houma, LA) in September 2011.

Interview

So I got a phone call about 3 days after I applied online.The woman who called was very nice, asked me if I was interested in the position that I applied for and I told her yes.She then scheduled me an interview for 2 days later which was on a Friday.I got there about 15 minutes early, brought my resume also which seemed to impress the woman for my first interview.During my first interview, we talked for about 5 minutes just getting to know each other, she was very nice and she explained everything about the position.After that she asked me some behavioral type questions, I believe she asked around 6 of them and I answered them as best I can and I also asked her some questions.Then I had to wait about 10 minutes for a second interview.This was one went ok, the guy interviewing me kept his head down the whole time, asked me some questions, told me a little bit about the job but he really didn't talk much except for asking me questions.At the end he told me to expect a phone call the following week but i never got a call.Overall the process was pretty simple, my first interview went really well and the woman was very nice and we got along really good.The second interview wasn't good at all,the guy just kept his head down, didn't really look at me and just didn't seem interested at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group or as a team member?   Answer Question
    • What type of enviroment do you prefer to work in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you mad a mistake, what was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was short and percise. They asked proper questions. They told me what was expected and how and what I was going to do. Total mins where thirty. Went in the back secluded. It wasn't that bad very quick

Interview Questions

• What do you see your self doing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. You start online and go through three interviews. Once you get past the first interview you're in good shape, especially if they are hiring a lot of new employees. Be on time, wear khakis, be polite and use your common sense. For a lower level job that should be enough to get you in the door unless you're just not going to get hired.

I heard they were hiring roughly 40 people with 80-90 applicants total (for multiple positions). It's sad that those are GOOD odds in this area but, hey, you take what you can get. The entire process was very friendly and tolerable. It is one of the first job interviews I've been on where I felt like an actual person instead of a number on a page.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you made a mistake at work and tell me how you dealt with that mistake?   Answer Question

I honestly wasn't sure I could handle working as a loader 30 hours plus a week. It seemed very, very physical and I decided to stick with current employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Galax, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I felt very comfortable going into the interview process. I was not exactly qualified for the position I had originally applied to and I was awfully worried that he was going to be irritated with me. He was very understanding about the accident and tried to accommodate and find a more suited job for myself. When nothing was available he made sure to write down my information and assured me that I was not angry for wasting his time, that speaking with someone that wanted to work is never a wasted opportunity. Whether or not I receive a call is one thing, but it certainly gave me hope to keep trying!

Interview Questions

• explain a time when I was asked to give specific directions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

My parents actually found the human resources gal while shopping for a lawn mower and asked if they were hiring. She said yes, so I booked it up to the store. I conducted 3 interviews with 3 different managers in about 2 hours and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• A customer from a department other then your own asks you for help. You don't know what the customer is talking about or how to accurately help them yourself. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Lenox, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (New Lenox, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was easy and smooth as butter. It was a 1:1 interivew. They asked me 4 or 6 questions. Then I was free to leave. Then they did a background check and drug test and scheduled orientation. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name good Customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tifton, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Not to long just a drug test and a brief discussion of what they expect from us from dressing nicely to assisting customer in the store and how to deal with a problem like an angry customer

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to switch departments   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

It was done in several steps but all in one day. You meet with the HR manager then one of the assistant store managers. A drug test mouth swab is done and a lot of paper work it seemed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a customer that was upset, how would you handle that?   Answer Question