Lowe's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RTM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online with a standard application. There was a personality test which measured your responses based on a scale of 1-5. After that, they may direct you to an in-person interview at the store you would be working at with the assistant store manager. I received an offer 2 weeks after the interview was complete.

The manager was pretty stone faced and gave nothing away so I felt that it was over after a week of waiting but I was confident I answered well and with relevant examples.

Interview Questions

• The questions are standard and behavioral.

They'll ask you about your leadership, integrity, safety, customer service, initiative, and teamwork.

There is little room to start a conversation.   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Northridge, CA).

Interview

I was asked 7 questions. Mostly ones about situations I've been in regarding past work. Easy. The last was on safety. I felt I did good. Was told I would hear something in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how would I have dealt with a coworker if I didn't think he or she was doing a good job at work?   1 Answer

Paint Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

I did my interview over the phone. Then on a separate day the assistant manager interviewed me over the phone. The people who interviewed me were very polite, after a couple of days I got a call back, with an offer. I accepted and they sent me to get my drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Torrance, CA).

Interview

structured interview questions as always. Good luck with that. They'll never ask you about your previous experience. And do you know what a +2 is..?? That means you were interviewed to fulfill hiring regulations that require them to interview 2 external candidates for every employee they interview. THAT'S why they have no questions afterwards. Just want you outta there. OR your interview will be attached as an external interview anytime after, 6months or more, to fulfill these 'labor' laws. An incredible joke created by clueless labor laws....

How do you know if you're a +2 interview..? If they call you in the morning and tell you they need to interview you that day, you're a +2. That's b/c they want to get their internal employee in place, ready to go, the following Monday. Asst Mgr tells me i'll hear back in 2 days, the in-store HR says 1-30 days. Think they're reading from the same playbook...?? Nope...

Interview Questions

• structured questions, study ken blanchard   2 Answers

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Northridge, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I waited for 5 minutes before the Assistant Manager came to greet me, we went into a room and she started asking me questions. I got hired on the spot, and was asked to do a drug test, I passed the drug test and was called within two days of the interview to come in and start training on the computer.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. This position is not the one I originally applied for; I was hoping for Department Manager as I was looking to build upon my management experience and make a little more money. They had to turn me down for that job after the first interview because I go to school twice a week and need those two days off. So be aware that if you do not have open availability you cannot be considered for full-time positions. They called me in for a second interview for the Head Cashier position which is still somewhat management but is part-time and works around availability requests a little better. In both interviews, I was asked the 8-10 or so questions they read off a script that you can find in a lot of the other reviews. There's no excuse for not passing the interview if you review these questions and prepare for them. You will have to be specific and it can get a little nerve wracking when both the HR manager and asst manager are staring at you asking those questions, but as long as you have confidence and answer honestly you should pass. I did not have to interview with the store manager but I think it might vary by store and position who you interview with.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation where you and a manager or coworker had conflicting opinions about an issue and the steps you took to resolve this issue and/or reach a compromise."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as I was offered more than expected.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Huntington Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They called to schedule an interview. Was interviewed by the HR manager and was asked about seven questions. After the interview was over they said would give me a call in the next few days. Called the next day and was offered a job accepted and then a two week training took place.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with an unpleasant customer. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Kitchen Cabinet Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with General manager. If you have strong interview skills, you can get a job at Lowe's. If you truly enjoy retail, then communicate this to the interviewer. Genuineness is warranted here because you can't fake it here at Lowe's.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Dimas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. The manager asked me a few questions about experience, integrity, and availability. Manager explained the job and scoring process of the questions. He asked around 30 questions some a out education and goals I had for the future and when I expected i could start. He also told me about other positions that were open and had me apply for those also.

Outside Lawn and Garden Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought in by the store's Human Resources Manager. She insisted I had the wrong day and time for the appointment, but I was certain. First I interviewed with her and then a Store Manager.