Lowe's Loss Prevention Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Loss Prevention Specialist Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview conducted at store with store manager and area LP manager. Focused on aspects of the job and company review. Interview was informal and follow-up questions were posed as well.

Interview Questions

• Situational question concerning unpopular policy that had to be enforced.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process is a two stage process. First stage is with a human resources associate. They ask you a set of predetermined questions that you must answer. Second step is an interview with the Area Loss Prevention Manager. Same process of being asked a set of questions that you must answer. Finally if hired on you must pass a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• In previous work experience have you ever had an issue with a fellow employee?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Interview

I went to 3 interviews. One with district manager, store manager and area. It was a fast interview. I enjoyed the process. I knew someone so it might have been easier for me but not sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Situation based questions that require in depth answers. The process took over an hour and was very thorough. It was the toughest interview i have ever had and i dont think it was necessary. They should base it more off experience and merit than off insane hyper situational questions everyone makes up answers to anyways, in my opinion.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, then had a face to face interview with the store manager. After that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if something fell off of a shelf and hurt someone.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The process began, after my online application, with a 90 minute interview by the ALPM. The questions revolved around conflict resolution, meeting (or failing to meet) goals and how you handled those situations, and questions regarding your work ethic and skill set. According to later conversations with other interviewers, the LP interview was more thorough and rigorous than all other store-level interviews, including that of Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed. What caused your failure and how did you move on with this task or goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The ALPM had very strict parameters of what could be offered, in regards to salary. I was asked for my salary preferences, told the absolute top-dollar that could be offered, which was lower than my preference, but accepted.
    After working for the company for over a year, now, I'm glad that I accepted. It's a great company to build a career in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Clinton, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Lowe's process is fairly simple and straightforward. You search their database online, select the job you want, and fill out the questionnaire. You provide your resume information (obviously) and depending on the position they give you a questionnaire to fill out. While not very long in duration, it serves a purpose. It is a personality test and logically determines if you would be suitable for employment at Lowe's. From there, I received a call from the HR director of the store who arranged an interview with the Store Manager, HR Director, and myself. They asked typical interview questions of me. Describe a difficult time you had with a team member? Describe a time where you dealt with a difficulty at work? Fairly straightforward. After that, the Loss Prevention Manager, not for the store, but for a cluster of stores, brought me in for an interview with him. That was an interview based on my knowledge and abilities of performing the job. Almost the same as the previous interview, but as I said, more skills and abilities based. I got a letter like 2 weeks after my last interview saying, "Sorry!"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation that has arisen between two co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Birmingham, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

Long interview. The ALPM will ask multiple questions pre-determined from Corp.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. Name a time when you failed to help the customer and why.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a supervisor who fell well below your expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The ALPM had little to no wiggle room in his offer. The salary is pretty much set to the store not the applicants exp.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in person by the District Loss Prevention Manager, who had a pre determined list of questions as most employers do. I then received a phone interview to help the District LP Mgr. determine whom she would hire (between two final candidates). These questions were more about your experience in LP such as your firs internal investigation and how did it turn out. Your previous inventory numbers. Your working relationship with Store Management. Your total external and internal cases during your career.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your internal theft experience and operational experience.   1 Answer