Lowe's Interview Questions in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

Lowe's Interview Questions in Louisville, KY

2.6

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair, applied online and then sent recruiter a follow up email. Had an interview the next week and a job offer just over a week later

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you motivated others in a group setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered their offer by asking for the next bump in the pay scale for the position. Had to be approved by store manager. They agreed. Mean an additional $0.75/ hour and a higher base to begin from for each annual pay increase. Definitely worth the ask.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Interview was very basic, they asked questions about your background and where you came from,also wanted to know if you were planning on staying. The turn around in the company is a concern. Which poses the question.....

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate what you KNOW your skill set is worth.

Human Resources Manager (Mobile) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went really well. We talked about my academic and real world experience which includes 8 years of retail management including multi-unit management. Furthermore I have my BS in Human Resources management, so they seemed pretty enticed by my experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions which lasted a little over an hour. Mostly scripted questions about behaviors and situational responses.   1 Answer

CSA IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

standard online app., phone pre-screen then a one on one with the hr manager, i call back interview, he said he must talk with at least 3 qualified persons for second interview, then make an offer to his first choice. then background check, drug test the whole process took 3 weeks. I was hired, searted orientation when my drug test results came back. I was put on the sales floor 1 1/2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• experience with one on one sales, conflict resolution, product knowledge...   1 Answer

Negotiation

he made an offer and I accepted it. It was a far offer, higher than most.He cited my hvac lic. as reason to start me at the top of the csa iv payscale.

Commercial Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very laidback about interview process, a little disorganized but this is probably not indicative of the whole company, First is the phone interview which is easy, Next is sit down laid back with HR manager and store manager. They ask you the standard interview questions- name a time in your job in which you had to disagree with your manager, etc.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, Name a time when you faced a challenge- what did you do, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cabinet Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview went well, but IMO they rely too much on scripted questions that does not get to the real depth of a prospective employee's knowledge. It felt like this was an exercise just to say interviews were done when they already had their chosen candidate ready and waiting.

Interview Questions

• paraphrasing... How would you answer a customer who says your prices are too high?   1 Answer

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

They just asked me brief questions regarding certain situations that I might find myself in, and they wanted to know how I would react to them. It was a pretty relaxed atmosphere, and I thought they were very nice.

You Apply On Line There Are About 100 Questions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview was with HR manager and one ASM, Some of the same questions from the quiz. All situational. What would do if this happened. The questions are meant to see how you think and how you may react in a given situation. The interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was angry about something they had purchased what would you do? If you observed another employee stealing what would you do.   Answer Question

Department Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

The process begins with the job being posted they then have to have 3 qualified applicants to begin interviewing, once complete they choose the highest scoring candidate. Once/if chosen you then continue with drug screening background checks. If not chosen you will get a noreply email. The interview is a panel interview and very straightforward. Dress professional.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Louisville, KY) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied with an on-line application. In less than a week Lowes called me for an interview. The first interview was with the HR specialist. The interview was very informal and the questions were very basic questions, such as 1.) Why I felt I was better qualified than other applicants for this job and 2.) Why did I want to work for Lowes. I then took a little test on the computer that is supposed to tell if you're being honest. The interviewer went over the hiring process with me and told me that if they were interested they would contact me in a couple of days. In two days I was called with an appointment for the second interview. During this interview I was interviewed by the Sales Manager. He asked several questions such as 1.) Why did I feel I would be a good employee at Lowes; 2.) What qualities did I most like about my last supervisor 3.) What things did I least like about my last supervisor 4.) My strengths 5.) My weaknesses. 6.) Previous job experience. I was then asked to go back out to the waiting area and wait. I was called back in and interviewed again, this time by the store manager. This interview was a little more formal. She asked basically the same questions as the Sales Manager but went into more detail questioning. She also went over the job description and job expections and work schedules. She kept taking notes. At the end of the interview the HR specialist (first interviewer) came back in and swabbed my mouth for a drug test. They do the drug test and a backgrouund check and as soon as these clear, you're scheduled to come in for training.

NOTES: Dress appropiately..no jeans. Be on time for interview. Introduce yourself and when you leave, shake hands and thank them for the interview. I also took a resume. I had no retail experience at all but felt some of my previous experience in Human Resources would demonstrate I could work with people and was willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Name your greatest weaknesses.   4 Answers
    • What things I liked the least about my last job/supervisor.   1 Answer