Lowe's Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Multi-facet process. Will have a few interviews for any sales or management position. Will need to pass a back ground check and a drug test. Also, when filling out application you will need to pass a basic math assessment

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome adversary.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was called on the phone to set up interview. The interview was held on sight interview with one of the managers. Offer extended via phone several days later. The process only took about 2 weeks to complete from interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

It's all about who you know and how well they know you and how much you can b/s your way into a position and pay. Get the advice from friends who actually work there to get a real synopsis of how badly the company works

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Valdosta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Process was very streamlined and great flow to the interview. Quick process in terms of normal industry standard. Constant contact with the hiring manager/supervisor. Great feedback and also they really do keep your information on file as they called back weeks later about a different position. I would recommend this process if you are looking to get into Supply Chain it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

In the department that I work, we tend to conduct behavioral interviews. Depending on your career level, you might meet with 2-4 individual contributors, 2-4 managers, and may have to complete a case study or conduct a stand-up presentation (facilitation is a big part of the department's role).

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were so abstract, I couldn't tell what competency the question aligned with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was so long ago, I cannot recall what I countered with and how they responded.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Most interviews at Lowes are on a two interview procedure. The questions are situation based. Best advice is to give three parts to your answer... what happened, how did you handle it, what was the outcome. And make sure the outcome is a positive one. That should go without saying but you would be amazed at how many answers do not have a positive ending.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straight forward. Be prepared to talk about situations you have handled regarding customer service, teamwork, leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation room but not a lot. Compensation is very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Florence, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

Personality questions and application was on-line. Website is not user friendly and kept going down. Three Interviews but on different days. Lowe's called with an offer and then sent for a drug screen and did a background check. Background check took too long, but was worth it. Got the job I wanted..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in disagreement with a policy and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2010.

Interview

can you tell us a time you dealt with an angry customer, how would you handle a policy that you disagreed with, most of the questions have to deal with how you handle difficult situations such as angry customers or employees.

Interview Questions

• not really a hard question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter, chatted with him for a bit, and after a couple of weeks got a call for a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. It consisted of a personal 1-1 interview and then a panel. They seemed like nice people, but it was easy to pick up on the sense that there was a lot of chaos there and a lot of stress.

Not enough money.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbus, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

Poor follow up no basic communication

Interview Questions

• None of them are hard. Truthfully I have to wonder when you are the interviewer and have a script   Answer Question

Negotiation

None they make offer and that's it