Lowe's Millwork Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Millwork Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2016

2.6

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR with interview date and time was very quick. Meet with store manager for interview which all questions were situation based. All questions were based on how you would react in specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without having all the information   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The Store Manager or Assistant Store manager and the HR manager go back and forth asking approximately seven questions, all pertaining to previous job experiences. They give you plenty of time to answer the questions, as some of them may require the candidate to reach into their "vault" of previous work history.

Interview Questions

• Not sure of any questions specifically. There were quite a bit of "Tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Sat in waiting room with other associates that were interested in the position as well. Called back to the HR office. Had a comfortable meeting with the hiring manager and an assistant store manager. Introduce themselves and told a little about themselves. Had me do the same. Interview started. Questions began to be read off paper.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer looking to buy a door for my home. How would you sell it to me   1 Answer

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Complete cookie-cutter, read from the paper interviews. Very impersonal. They ask you the same questions they have to regarding the position with very little attempt to personalize the interview. While it is only a retail job, they could try to make it less robotic so we could maybe get into the interview more to become more enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when ...
      Tell me about a time when ... what did you do to resolve the situation?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two on one interview. ASM and HR manager both present normally but I got the store manager, Situational tell-me-about-a-time-when kind of questions no one really stores the answers to. Those interviewing will not provide feedback on the answers but will prod you if you cant think of something. One can also skip questions if needed. If you pass the first round you go into the second round. Policy wise they have to interview at least three people before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Rate your level of knowledge in the following departments... after you choose your highest area...essentialy then asks how you would sell X in that department to a customer and what kind of add on's you could suggest (more product) and what values you could also sell (credit).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Myrtle Beach, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes, there were two people asking a series of questions , a manager and the HR person. At first the manager seemed like he did not want to be involved but was fine by the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing you did without being asked , and how did that work out   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. With H.R. and an Assistant Store MGR. they asked general questions to ensure them I know Lowe's culture, motto, and procedures. They then proceeded to ask questions pertaining to the position, and department in which I was applying for. They would then begin to ask specific questions to determine problem solving skills, leadership skills, ethic concerns, and loyalty to the company.........

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I did something wrong,. Who did I tell, and how did I resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You will typically be interviewed by an assistant store manger and the manager of the department you are applying for. It will usually be five situational questions that are just worded differently. All of the questions will usually be about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a customer came in with an issue. What was the issue? How did you resolve the issue? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cranberry Twp, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions starting with tell me about a time when you and then they ask you about work related decisions or problems that you have had and the steps you talk 2 complete a job or help a customer or help a fellow employee

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with limited information when helping a customer give me a specific situation on how you handled everything in the steps that you took to please the customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Greeley, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

one interview with area Assistant Store Manager after applying on-line. had a skills test online before application would submit. I was a current employee applying for a promotion. The ASM helped guide me through experiences that would give me a good response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer came to you, upset. How did you respond? What did you do to solve their problem? How did you make sure they left happy? (or something like that)   Answer Question