Lowe's Millwork Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.5

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Athens, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Athens, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by SAM in charge of specialist on 9/82017 . Got job offer on 9/15/2017. Will be on vacation from 9/23 till 9/30. Once I return from vacation I will be starting my new position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They ask the same generic questions for each specialist position. If they do not have someone already lined up for the position and they like you then you will have a good shot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Champaign, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the interview with confidence, was not nervous at all. They asked a little about my previous experience. The asked the reason I was applying for the position. They did not ask about my experience in sales. I found that a bit odd considering I was applying for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to fix a problem that was brought to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Elizabeth City, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

7 questions what would you do kinda questions these people are very slow and greedy my interview was at 3pm and they didn't call me in to interview till 315

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR with interview date and time was very quick. Meet with store manager for interview which all questions were situation based. All questions were based on how you would react in specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without having all the information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The Store Manager or Assistant Store manager and the HR manager go back and forth asking approximately seven questions, all pertaining to previous job experiences. They give you plenty of time to answer the questions, as some of them may require the candidate to reach into their "vault" of previous work history.

Interview Questions

• Not sure of any questions specifically. There were quite a bit of "Tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Sat in waiting room with other associates that were interested in the position as well. Called back to the HR office. Had a comfortable meeting with the hiring manager and an assistant store manager. Introduce themselves and told a little about themselves. Had me do the same. Interview started. Questions began to be read off paper.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer looking to buy a door for my home. How would you sell it to me   2 Answers

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Complete cookie-cutter, read from the paper interviews. Very impersonal. They ask you the same questions they have to regarding the position with very little attempt to personalize the interview. While it is only a retail job, they could try to make it less robotic so we could maybe get into the interview more to become more enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when ...
      Tell me about a time when ... what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two on one interview. ASM and HR manager both present normally but I got the store manager, Situational tell-me-about-a-time-when kind of questions no one really stores the answers to. Those interviewing will not provide feedback on the answers but will prod you if you cant think of something. One can also skip questions if needed. If you pass the first round you go into the second round. Policy wise they have to interview at least three people before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Rate your level of knowledge in the following departments... after you choose your highest area...essentialy then asks how you would sell X in that department to a customer and what kind of add on's you could suggest (more product) and what values you could also sell (credit).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Myrtle Beach, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes, there were two people asking a series of questions , a manager and the HR person. At first the manager seemed like he did not want to be involved but was fine by the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing you did without being asked , and how did that work out   Answer Question