Lowe's Interview Questions in Mooresville, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Talked to HR and then store manager. Surprised never talked to people I would actually work for. I had to go back three times before finally had everything done for starting work. Once for Hr interview, one for store manager interview, and once for drug test

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of customer service what would you do. Also tell me about a time when... They were a list of questions not much small talk. Interview was quick and over within 15 minutes..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offered amount with no wiggle room

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, Skype panel interview session with department manager plus other participants (others in department or departments that will work with that role). Recruiter arranged for in person interview. Company paid for interview trip including air and lodging. On site interview was multiple panels and one on one with department executive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult employee on a project and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Community Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was slated to meet with six people the day of the interview, which included HR. The HR contact picked me up late and got me to the room just in time to meet with the first group. It was also the first time that I ever met with this person, which she explained was due to her being out of the office. The interviews themselves were centered on functional questions as it related to the role, however one person went on a tangent to ask me about my former employer and someone that they knew worked there. Following the process I waited three weeks in hopes of receiving feedback. When I did not receive feedback I reached out to my contact at the company who let me know that I did not receive the roll. Later that day I received feedback from HR in the form of a general email. I also learned that HR was supposed to have contacted me earlier by phone, which was communicated to the hiring manager, but that never took place. I also requested feedback on my interview and am still pending a response. Overall the lack of follow-up gave me a negative feel for the company and their lack of appreciation of the candidates time and effort in seeking out an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have that would lend to the opportunity?   Answer Question

Taxonomy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

I found out about the position from an online job listing. A recruiter then contacted me for the interview. The initial interview was with my potential manager and one of his peers. This involved general questions about my professional background, a few hypothetical questions around the role I was applying for, and general logic questions unrelated to the position. After this interview, I was asked to write a paper related to the role and the company. After that, I was called in to be interviewed by a group of my potential peer colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the launch timing and execution of the following products?   Answer Question
    • Various interview questions on logic (unrelated to the company/role)   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional. Nice people, good questions read from a very specific script. They took a good amount of time out off their day to really discover who I was and what my skills were.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle it when you don't get along with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Initial was a scheduled, 1-person (Recruiter), ~30-minute phone prescreen to review experience and basic qualifications; included a couple 'how would you handle...' Next was an invitation to interview in a series of panel sessions.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured and organized. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and told me a lot about himself first. He explained his background and experience in working there so far. He then explained the responsibilities of the position and when finished he had a list of five questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about something you did or implemented to make an improvement to the way things are done?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Rotational (FAR) Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Lowe's does recruiting at my school, I had a first round interview on campus that consisted of 5-7 situational/behavioral questions. Lowe's invited me to a second round interview at their headquarters in Mooresville, NC. The second round office visit lasted 3 hours. The visit consisted of a breakfast mixer where you get to meet interviewers and people currently in their FAR program, a tour of their campus, a 45 min panel interview with two interviewers (mainly 5-7 situational/behavioral questions again), and a panel where you can pick the brain of current employees in the FAR program. Fairly easy and laid back interview with no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a person that was very different from yourself.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 members from the department. They described the day-to-day duites and mentioned pay scale- felt duties did not match pay - pay too low for position. Asked if negotiable and was told no.

Interview Questions

• Your basic Behavior /Structured Questions you will find on the internet. The interview seem intense, because you feel like your being interrogated by 3 people.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me in after a year i applied for the jobs at Lowe's (i Must be lucky). Had a phone, skype and onsite interview and interview level was between easy and average. Not very easy , more behavioural questions..

Overall experience was good, onsite interview was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Dependency injection , Spring framework questions and why r u looking for change, how do u see urself in 5 years ?

Explain a situation where u had conflict with your team member/manager and how did u handle it ?
      Answer Question