Lowe's Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. I was very excited to be interviewed because once you're over 40 years old it definitely gets harder to find a job any where! There are many other employees and veterans hired at Lowes and I'm happy with my hours and pay and management is positive and uplifting. I would recommend working here to family and friends.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about this position? Why are you looking for a new job? Describe yourself. What’s your availability? What do you like the most and least about working in this industry? What questions do you have for me? Who are our competitors? Would you work holidays/weekends? How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew what to expect because I've been a cashier for many years.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took about a week and some for them to call me back, but it was for a different store: no complaints it was 8 minutes away versus the one across the street. I went in for an interview with the HR guy named Mike but I ended up with my ASM Steven. He decided to hire me. They gave me 10.75 an hour, less than what I asked for but as soon as they discovered I was worth what I asked for (11 dollars; 4 weeks later) I had a raise to 11.49 an hour. Absolutely no complaints here. Best job ever, with great benefit options.

Interview Questions

• Where and when have I used customer service skills?   1 Answer
    • Where and when have I dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Clearwater, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

They were professional and very nice. They asked a lot about your knowledge of the company, so do a little research beforehand. It will impress them. The human resources will first talk to you one on one. Then if they think you're a good candidate, they'll send in a higher up manager.

Interview Questions

• What you know about the company?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lowe's in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out and read papers describing the job. Met with woman in charge of HR who reviewed my application and I also brought my resume. She described everything about the job and asked if I could handle it. I went back into the waiting room and then met with the Asst Store Manager and he asked situational questions.

Called back a week later Mgr hasn't made any decisions yet due to being busy with business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when I went out of my way to help a customer   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

This interview process was simple and straight-forward. I went there to shop for an item and noticed a large banner that the Chamblee, GA location was hiring and I applied. I received a callback from HR asking if I could come in and I did. I interviewed with two managers, one at a time. They asked a couple of behavior-style questions which I related to past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's?
      Type of experience?
      Availability?
      Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer?
      Describe a time when you had an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from HR to set up a phone interview the next day. HR called and once done with that interview I got a call back the next day to come in for an in person interview. After that interview I got a call back the following day to come in to meet the manager who has the final say. The manager meeting just seems like a formality to make sure you're competent and basically have the job prior to even meeting them.

Interview Questions

• All questions were situation, when was a time you couldn't compete a task, name a time your boss disagreed with you, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotitation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke to HR personnel first, asked me quite a few questions and then asked the department manager if she would like to interview me (if I were deemed enough to be interviewed by her), after the dept manager interviewed me she gave me an offer and now thankfully I am a part of Lowes!

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five to ten years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Huntsville, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

After an online application, I got a phone call for an interview the next day. I was early, but the HR person was with someone else. I waited in a large employee area with tables & lockers. Employees were pleasant to me. I got a sheet of paper of information which I signed. He asked 5 questions, tell me a time when you handled a situation. Wrote some of my responses, asked if I had questions. I did ask a couple of questions. On the info sheet it said I needed to be able to pick up 200 pounds, and I said I couldn't do that, what was that about? He explained that, then I asked about what was the pay scale. He said it was commensurate with experience. I said I had only listed my last 2 retail jobs on my resume. He said bring or fax in a resume with every bit of retail experience and it would be factored in their automated equation. That covered about 20 years, 8 of which I was an assistant manager or head cashier, and I was called and extended an offer of $10.12. I had projected it would be 8.50 to 10.00. I accepted that.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tarboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tarboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

asked questions, took drug test, waited for results from drug and background, was accepted. the interview wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be but overall, i was pleased with the outcome

Interview Questions

• what made me feel i deserved the job   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First, I had to read a few pages about the job description and things I will have to learn, and then sign. They then called me into the office for the interview. There were two managers, one was the human resources manager. They asked me a little bit about myself, asked me about my availability, and started "scenario" process. They asked me what I would do in 7 different scenarios. Lastly, I asked the question, "What achievements and actions would equate to success in this position? What sets an employee apart as successful?" They told me that was an excellent question, and they were thrilled I would ask something like that.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions... Just these:
      Recall a time when you got interrupted from a job. How did you handle it?
      Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      Name a time when you promised a customer something but couldn't deliver. How did you handle the situation?
      Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer.

There were two more, but I can't remember.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a computer program that inputs your experience level and calculates your starting pay.