Lowe's Receiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Came in. Made me take a quick survey. Then the actually interview started. Asked me 7 questions. Left. the questions are very easy. They like answers that are from personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a dangerous situation and how did you fix the problem   Answer Question
  • Describe a time were someone tempted you to do something you knew was against the rules. explain how you handled it   Answer Question
  • How do you stay motivated throughout the day at work when doing boring repetitive tasks   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Holmdel, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

First you are interviewed by the Assistant Manager who asks 5-7 general personality questions, after you are interviewed by the Head Supervisor who asks you more personality questions and then they give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time whether at work or school when you had a complex task and describe that task in detail and what you did to complete this task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Knoxville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online (nearly every position must be initially applied for online) and received a phone call from HR 5 days later. We chatted briefly, mostly small talk, and set up an interview for the next day.

The first interview was one-on-one with the HR manager and lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were straight forward: tell me about yourself, what are strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for Lowes. Six or seven questions involved "Tell me about a time when........." and "Describe a situation in previous jobs were you.......". Since this is a retail operation most questions were related to dealing with customers. After the interview we scheduled a second interview for 3 days later.

The second interview was also one-on-one with the Assistant Store Manager and also lasted about 45 minutes. I was again asked "Why Lowes?" and then asked more "Describe a situatiuon where...." and "Tell me a time when...." but was also asked to describe in detail what happened after you took the specific action and would you handle the situation the same the next time.

I was contacted a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Received another offer from another employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gadsden, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was asked various questions about times I had to deal with customers under different circumstances and how I handled them. I was interviewed twice on the first day. I'm currently waiting on a third interview. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and the process was simple. They ask that you pull from previous job experiences as well as school and other group activities that you can remember to help answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you gave a customer wrong information and the customer has already left; How did you respond once you realized your mistake   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (White Marsh, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. Two managers interview you and ask several situational questions and the "Why Lowe's question. This company is big on "customer service"...take the hint!! Second manager welcomed me to the team, background took a day, drug test the day after, and orientation that week. First shift in two days!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; seasonal job.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kirkwood, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty straight forward. Just don't mess it up, pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job?   1 Answer

Receiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Took 2 weeks for a call back. When they are hiring they have a timeline for the process. If you apply when position first opens, you have to wait a while, if you apply right before the process ends, you wait less. I don't think it hsa anything to do with how good or bad they think you are. 2 interviews, same day. Basic interview questions. Read all the examples to be prepared. That's what I did and didn't have to take a lot of time thinking of answers. Take the time to go through all the questions and answers here. They didn't ask anything I didn't already get from reading the answers on this website.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They say info goes into computer and what it spits out is the offer. No room for negotiation.