Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.3

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Norwalk, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a call after applying online on their website and set up an interview. Went in that day and waited by the Customer Services desk. The HR rep came for me and i interviewed in a small office they have by the registers. She was nice, lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Got called in to have an interview with HR and store manager. The interview went really well, it was like talking to a friend. Got a call a few days after the interview to come in for a drug test and was called about a week later and offered the job when the drug test and background check came back. All in all, it was a pleasant process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

Filled out some paperwork like when can and can't you work. Was asked to read the about position. The HR asked 5-8 questions and wrote down everything you said. Was asked to only give examples when when I did this and not say what I would do.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you where upset with a policy change and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you where asked to do something unsafe   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you provided good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Very good interview. No pressure. I applied on line and was later called in for an interview. A drug test was accomplished while I was being interviewed. Just be yourself and answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task you were given at work that had to be completed and how you completed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Huntsville, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later got called for interview. Took saliva drug test during interview. About one week later called to schedule orientation and do paperwork, that was about 4 hours. At orientation scheduled when to start of training.

Interview Questions

• About ~3-5 questions, it was very casual. Tell a time & how you handled: a dangerous situation, did not like a policy change, had an angry customer,... Interviewer provided a job description, gave me time to read it and ask questions, she also explained the dress code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

One manager was in the office along with the lead store manager, it was during my regular shift so there was no "dress for success" It was all the standard questions that they ask at each sales position interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to work as a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phila, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fluent and quite easy. I would use this again any time. out jus makes things easy to have one wen site to go to and find every thing you need for applying to jobs and careers. I suggest that any can use this and should

Interview Questions

• They asked allot of questions about customers service   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a basic interview as one would expect but it was also very helpful in giving an insight as to what the job would entail on a daily basis as well as long term goals for both employees individually as well as the company as a whole including all locations

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Situational Interview Process. There is a main question followed by 4 sub questions. Reference the situation, your behavior in that situation and the outcome to answer the question full circle. If hired a contingent offer is made pending an approved background check and negative drug screening. Onboarding is detailed and lasts about a week to ensure that the employee receives adequate training for growth and development.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer?   1 Answer
    • Why should Lowes Hire You?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Filled out an application on the company careers page and was contacted for an interview about a month later by phone. Went into the store and spoke with the department manager and found out that they were considering me for the Loader/Customer Service Associate, which wasn't the one I applied for. I told the manager I didn't want that job, but they decided to go with the interview anyways. They asked me questions about my current work situation, availability, customer service history and skills, how I helped customers in the past solve problems and how I dealt with angry or dissatisfied customers. I got the chance to do a Q&A at the end then I was dismissed.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with angry or dissatisfied customers?   Answer Question