Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lexington, NC) in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for a Sales Associate position with Lowe's Hardware. I have nearly 10 years of retail experience, a year of new home construction experience, remodeled two homes entirely with my own two hands, worked in building maintenance, and managed people so I am overly qualified for the position. Plus I have two college degrees. However I was emailed today that they were going with a different candidate and there is no way I was not qualified for the job. I was interviewed by the manager over the cashiers and not the one that would be over my department because she was absent. She did not come off as competent as an interviewer and was rushing the process. I think it is unfair that I was assessed by someone that had nothing to do with the department I was applying for and ultimately made the decision to give the job to someone else that no doubt is less qualified.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

hr called and asked to meet for a one on one interview. after the interview which was nearly 30-45 min they let you know about call backs and what not.

Interview Questions

• an associate needs your help but asks the same question explained to him by you the other day, what do you say/do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

let them know what youre looking for dont give exact numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Elyria, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with the HR manager and they asked me why I wanted to work for Lowe's and about my work experience. Then she asked me a few customer service questions which required me to answer using past experiences. After that I interviewed with two other managers and was asked more questions about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you gave a customer the wrong information. What happened and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very nicely done. Interviewed with three managers, including HR. Questions were relevant and respectful.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer made and either accepted or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2007.

Interview

30 min call back interview asking about previous experience and salary expectations. Why I wanted to work for lowes and where I expected to be in a year's time. No difficult questions, was told I would be contacted within 1 week if I was to proceed to 1:1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

Very structured and by the interview packet question sheet. Interviewed with the assistant manager who was in charge of that department. Meeting was for forty five minutes. Manager was very helpful in answering questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and problem solving questions using past experience examples   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Galax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Galax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Super straight forward, don't be stupid. One of the easiest interviews I have been to. Show them you have knowledge in that particular department. I really don't know what else to say in regards to the interview that I took part in.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

It was an in person interview. They asked basic questions to gauge your personality and work effort. It was a fairly relaxed interview, it was a 1:1 interview. It lasted at most 30min. The person who interviewed me was friendly and easy to talk to. Overall Lowes is a great first job and their interviews weren't as rough as I thought.

Interview Questions

• Basic/typical entry level position questions. Mostly about myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Straight forward to the point. Was asked standard situational questions. Tried to talk to you as a peraon to get a feel of what type of person & worker you are.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions more common sense and what would you do type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (East Peoria, IL).

Interview

Online Interview. Will ask you social security number. Application will not be accepted if you refuse to answer or say you will give on hiring. I applied for Garden Center, as I have experience with plants. Was told I had to be a cashier for a "short time to learn the register" and to change my application to "Cashier". Three years later I was still a cashier.

Interview Questions

• Most management was VERY young, so interview had no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. "We pay this amount, after 3 month review you will get a raise". Perfect review every year, never received more than 10 cent raise. Was told it was company policy