Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Very good interview. No pressure. I applied on line and was later called in for an interview. A drug test was accomplished while I was being interviewed. Just be yourself and answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task you were given at work that had to be completed and how you completed it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phila, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fluent and quite easy. I would use this again any time. out jus makes things easy to have one wen site to go to and find every thing you need for applying to jobs and careers. I suggest that any can use this and should

Interview Questions

• They asked allot of questions about customers service   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a basic interview as one would expect but it was also very helpful in giving an insight as to what the job would entail on a daily basis as well as long term goals for both employees individually as well as the company as a whole including all locations

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Situational Interview Process. There is a main question followed by 4 sub questions. Reference the situation, your behavior in that situation and the outcome to answer the question full circle. If hired a contingent offer is made pending an approved background check and negative drug screening. Onboarding is detailed and lasts about a week to ensure that the employee receives adequate training for growth and development.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer?   1 Answer
    • Why should Lowes Hire You?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Filled out an application on the company careers page and was contacted for an interview about a month later by phone. Went into the store and spoke with the department manager and found out that they were considering me for the Loader/Customer Service Associate, which wasn't the one I applied for. I told the manager I didn't want that job, but they decided to go with the interview anyways. They asked me questions about my current work situation, availability, customer service history and skills, how I helped customers in the past solve problems and how I dealt with angry or dissatisfied customers. I got the chance to do a Q&A at the end then I was dismissed.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with angry or dissatisfied customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, and Store Manager. Asked basic questions about to how to handle certain situations. They wrote answers for later review. Took more than two weeks to get decision.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Very traditional interview for a retail store employee including workplace skills, availability, etc. Generic personality interview questions, tested point of sale comfortability, reviewed prior work history, and asked to provide overall assessment of how you believe the current store location is operating. The human resources manager for the store ultimately asked for a follow up to discuss any preferences for store department placement, front of house, outdoors, that kind of thing and then provided an hourly offer and an understanding of their evaluation period. I would rate the interview as relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve our existing customer experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

test than interview phone first. Further interview with human resource manager then assistant store manager series of pre selected questions being asked by two interviewers. They already had pre selected the person for the position and were just using me for a required interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Union City, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the store HR person, who took me back to a secluded office and had me read some material. She then asked me several "Describe a time" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond your job responsibilities to help a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR manager and department manager.
    Around 30- 45 min interview, they asked questions and then wrote down your responses.
    Low pressure, they were really nice and personable. Be sure to know your work experience and have examples on hand to give when asked.

Interview Questions

• Asked a series of behavioral questions.
      Describe a time when...
      you had to work in a team
      you had a conflict with a customer and how you when about resolving it
      Answer Question