Lowe's Sales Specialist Flooring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.5

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Suffolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Every interview is responding to roughly 8 generic scenarios in the structure of "if...then...when" or STAR method interview. Your graded on if you answered all questions, time answered, how you dressed, and personality. Typically go through 2 interviews and one interview if your just a fluffier to meet number of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you solved a conflict with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard in a retail environment, you are asked about former experiences you have had that can help contribute to the position you are applying for. The interview consists of a face to face with HR then a second with an Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bradenton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 managers who took turns asking questions. They listened to my responses and took notes. The interview lasted about a half hour then they told me they would grade my answers and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about gaining the trust of a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks I received a phone call for a screening interview to take place by phone. I had the screening interview a couple of days later, then I received a call about an in-person interview. The interview in-person was with one person, she was the manager of the department that includes flooring. No news yet, 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a customer was irate and how you resolved the issue.

Tell me about yourself.

How many years would you say you have in dealing with customers?

How many years do you have in providing direct sales experience and knowledge over of certain product or service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied 3 weeks ago from the day of interview. The interviewer was very friendly and greeted me with a smile. He described the position and what I basically have to do. The interview took 15 mins, the questions were common sense. I am still waiting for thier response, it might take a week and a half. However the interviewer didn't mention anything about paycheck , and I didn't ask him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Whiteville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was several people doing interview. Asked questions about scenarios and about my work abilities.have interviewed for several sales positions in the last year. Told by management that I need more training on computer. Always hire someone else more qualified initially worked seasonal sales for six months in flooring as sales associate. No training offered for advancement. Dead end job with low pay. Seeking outside employment due to low pay and no job advancement.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tulsa, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by phone for initial 1on1 interview with assistant manager. He said he really wanted to hire me but that they are required to interview 3 people for the position. I followed up a week later and was informed that they were still looking for one additional candidate to interview and that I'd hear from them the following week. I received a call a few days later and they offered me the position. We had another meeting for the drug test (mouth swab sent to lab) and for pay negotiations. Walked out with pay a little better than what I expected. I will start working soon.

Interview Questions

• give me a time in which you had conflicting information on how a project was to be completed, and what did you end up doing?   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time when you put a plan together and saw it through till completion.   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a disgruntled employee or customer...   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate a little, but it is mostly a computer algorithm they use for each position. They ask questions such as how many years have you...? Do you have a degree...? And so on . the computer will pop out a number and that's your pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Henrietta, NY).

Interview

I first applied on line. Then I got a call from the H.R. manager to set the interview up. Then I got the call from the store manager and did the interview over the phone. Then got a call a week later about the result of the interview.

Flooring Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

You go through a series of questions that are based on situations and answer with what you would do. Pretty generic questions. The questions are the same for each person. You are graded on each question and if you score high enough then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was hurt at the workplace what would I do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Creek, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mill Creek, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

They posted the position, I applied, was called in a few weeks later to have a short interview with HR mainly seeing whether or not I was qualified. A week later had a roughly 8 question interview with the ASM (assistant store manager) over the department. All questions were situational examples. they said they'd get back with me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team. What was your role in the team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you sold something additionally to a product.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to multitask to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to coordinate with people to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't have enough time to finish a job, what did you do?   Answer Question