Lowe's Sales Specialist Flooring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Sales Specialist Flooring Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

You go through a series of questions that are based on situations and answer with what you would do. Pretty generic questions. The questions are the same for each person. You are graded on each question and if you score high enough then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was hurt at the workplace what would I do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Lavale, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lavale, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy simple questions
    Just describe a time when you demonstrated this ability.... blah blah blah.
    Go online and review some basic interview questions and you will be good-to-go.
    Preparing is simple and doesn't take long.
    Just do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you...   1 Answer

Flooring Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview

I applied, interviewed, waited a week, called to remind them I was still interested and they offered me the job. I had already worked for Lowe's for 2 years, and they knew who the workers are and who isn't. My management at the time was very good at knowing who to hire and who not to hire.

Interview Questions

• Previous scenario based questions about customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Roseville, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called in to the store and was interviewed by the zone manager of the zone I was interviewing for and human resources manager. It was a simple interview where each person took turns asking me questions. At the end of the interview the zone manager asked to play out a scenario in where I was attempting to sale a customer on a particular piece of merchandise. All in all, it was a simple interview and took maybe 15 mins to complete.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you made a promise to a customer but were unable to deliver. what did you promise and how did handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was with the HR and one of the ASM of the store. They asked you several question and scenarios while taking note of answers.Most of the questions pertain to a persons ability to provide customer service in less than ideal situations.The Lowe's IMPACT model is very important to know, also trying to get credit app.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you and amount you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Ogdensburg, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ogdensburg, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had interview and waited a couple days and then got offered the job

Interview Questions

• All scenario based questions. Tell me about a time when this happened and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

This was a promotion within the company, but at a different location. I followed up after applying and was called 10 days later for an interview. The HR Mgr. & Store manager interviewd me for about 45 minutes. Both we're pleasant. Get there early but don't expect them to be ready at the set time as the manager who is interviewing you may be busy on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a problem with a co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong info. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orangeburg, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Sat with human resources department along with the Sales Manager face to face. They asked a number of questions regarding my sales and service experience as well as my experience with flooring installations and products. Was a very straight forward and reasonable interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No wiggle room. Was told that I was offered the ceiling for hourly range. I had researched average wages for Lowes for the position and it seemed to be on target. I am interviewing next week for a management position and am interested to see how it plays out.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. Interview consisted of situational questions and how would you sell this and take care of your customers. How would you compete with a Home Depot in the same parking lot. 1:1 with HR manager then a 1:1 with store manager. Made the offer on the spot

Interview Questions

• How do you define customer service   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation due to new compensation plan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Since I am currently a Lowe's employee, I did an internal application through our employee webpage. I called the store to verify that they'd received my app okay, and made an appointment to call for follow-up. I requested recommendations from my Store and HR managers, who sent emails to the store to which I'd applied. They emailed the store before the job posting expired. I called back for follow up and arranged the time for the interview for an hour later that same day.

Interviews for Specialists and above are Group/Panel interview. For Specialists, it is the Assistant Store Manager in charge of the department you applied for, and the HR Manager. The interview consisted of a little over a dozen questions asking for specific examples of customer and coworker interactions, a product-knowledge role play, and a few general interview questions (why do you want this position? etc..). I felt that the questions were generally easy as long as you use common sense.

Pro tips: Use Lowe's language (ex. "daily 8s"), prove you know the difference between the types of credit at Lowe's, bonus points if you can talk about Lowe's Experience of the Future (ex. MyLowe's, ATG, Connections, etc.) and keep your answers to the point because they have to write down what you're saying. They're not going to ask if you actually know about Lowe's credit, or about MyLowe's, etc. specifically - use them creatively in the questions that they do ask.

Interview Questions

• Rate your product knowledge in these departments on a scale of one to ten. (Followed by a list of the Lowe's departments which typically have a Sales Specialist.)   1 Answer
    • Since you rated yourself high in product knowledge in the ____ department, pick a product from that department and pretend that you're selling it to us.   2 Answers
    • How do you use your time when there is low traffic in the store?   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you've had to overcome a seemingly overwhelming obstacle, and explain what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Suppose a customer is interested in a project, but they don't want to purchase because they say they can't afford it. How do you close the sale?   1 Answer