Lowe's Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.6

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2017.

Interview

A phone interview from Lowe's HR in another state. I was asked the questions below, plus a couple other questions specific to my qualifications for the job. The interview went well and the HR person even helped me a bit when I didn't give a complete answer to one of the questions. She asked, So how did that turn out?

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time others relied on you to pay attention to detail.
    2. How you would address a customer complaint.
    3. Tell about a time you had to make a decision on conflicting and incomplete information.
    4. How would you build relationships with customers
    5. Tell about a time you took charge of a situation.
    6. Tell about a time you worked together to put together a plan.

These questions came from someone else on Glassdoor. I was glad to find them.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY).

Interview

Was already working for the company. I applied for the position online and told management I would like to interview for the position. They told me they'd be starting interviews in a week and that the best score will get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time others relied on you to pay attention to detail.
      2. How you would address a customer complaint.
      4. How would you build relationships with customers
      5. Tell about a time you took charge of a situation.
      6. Tell about a time you worked together to put together a plan.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Franklin, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Several interviews over several weeks. Drug test and background check. Very time consuming process. They just want to see if you know what to say in different situations. They ask you questions about what you would do in different scenarios, how you would respond to different customer complaints, etc

Interview Questions

• They asked what experience you have in sales.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative for an opportunity as a sales specialist. Upon accepting this interview, I was then scheduled to meet with a sales manager. This went pretty smoothly with the typical questions you would expect from an interview. After this, I was called back for another interview (redundant) and went through this process smoothly as well. After this, I was offered the job and then had to undergo a drug test. They perform a cheek swab ... waste of time and again, redundant. Considering what they could find what this test, which isn't much, and the fact that marijuana is legal in a handful of states, I wasn't sure why this was actually necessary. After this, they bring you on and you begin your shifts. The whole process is long. Probably took 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Asked about customer experiences and "what would you/have you done" questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Redlands, CA).

Interview

veey easy was asked basic questions mostly "tell me about a time" scenarios. in which they look for certain key words for you to say all and all very easy

Interview Questions

• what are you profeciant in? ok sell me that product   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Milford, CT).

Interview

The whole process took about 2+ weeks. I applied online and got a call from HR two days later to go for a interview. Interviewed with HR manager and department manager. Got a call a few days later for final interview with Store manager. Got offered position on the spot.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Received a call about a week after i had applied. When in to the HR office, Hr Manager was very friendly. She started asking me very simple questions about experiences and scenarios that I've had. Then proceeded to another interview with an assistant store manger. He asked me almost the same type of questions more an experience type of interview. overall the experience was very simple and not much of a hassle to get hired. received an answer that same day.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Marcos, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

had an interview with two different managers. one was the ASM in charge of the zone I was working in. The other was the HR manager. They had a lot of situational type questions that they ask. Make sure you have examples/stories to tell before you go in there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your work required a great deal of accuracy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone invitation to interview. they accommodated my schedule. I was told I'd have to wait 3 weeks to hear back but received a call the next morning with a job offer. I was out of town on vacation for the next 2 weeks but they were willing to wait for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the scripted, typical "tell me about a time" rather than letting you talk about your skillsets and experiences... I'm a chatty person so I was able to share more info than they asked for regarding my previous experience.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview questions are based on customer interactions where you went above and beyond what is expected. You may have to just make it up, all they want to here I how you can handle these types of situations.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer