Lowe's Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, Hr called about a week later to schedule an interview, and went in the next day for one. I met with a floor manager and he asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you overcame a hazardous situation at a previous job?   Answer Question

Load Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with asst. Store Manager. Talked about my previous experience and how it relates to the position. He described the position in detail. He used the STAR interview method(Google it).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job
      done.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and had a one on one with Human Resources in store. Was later invited for a follow up interview with the store manager. General interview questions and discussed availability and previous experience. The Process took about two weeks.

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. One with HR one with a ASM. Simple Q&A. Most of the questions are to determine how you act and react to given situations. If your good at BSing you can easily convince the HR and ASM you will be a great asset to the company/store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you ran into a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

CSA Lowes Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic interview: Most of the interview questions are related to common sense of team work and behavioral response to customer services. The interview read multiple questions from their worksheet relating to mostly about past experience helping customers or working in a team etc. They mostly just care that you can think on the fly. You are asked to give some experiences related to the question. Be just natural and use the common sense.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to meet a deadline and how did you meet the deadline   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Series of questions read from paper conducted by someone who witnesses me working on a daily basis. They write down your answers as you talk but none of this really matters as they have already decided who they want before any interview has taken place.

Slaes-specialty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I love many things at Lowes...the people, the product...BUT my interview was not the most delightful. first of all the interview was in what seemed to be a lunch room with others in the area. I had 2 people ask me many questions-now mind you I have not interviewed in a while and if they use a score sheet to rank you for a job....bad practice as to how a sales person is going to react in a real situation is very different. I did not think much of my interview and this changed my whole perspective on the company. If you say that you are going to get back with a person of the descision then do so-do not let the person get a generic NO thank you or a phone call-they called me for an interview-right?...Not a good experience,I am not angry at the decision that was made it is that there are many crappy sales people in the store that do not have any knowledge or passion for what they do and to use "tests and numbers" to weed out people is bad-just stick to the old and true way of actually seeing for a bit what a person has to offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me time you had made a mistake and corrected it...OK in a real world we all make mistakes but to not think for a bit and then you look like an idiot to pull something out of no-where is an odd thing....just saying   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and within a few days called the hr manager to inform her I had put in an application, and she took down my name and number. About two weeks after, she contacted me by phone for an interview at the store. I arrived at the store and interviewed with her; she asked six "tell me about a time when..." questions and wrote down my answers. she was very nice and professional, and allowed me a few moments to think of an answer if I needed to. Directly after interviewing with her I was interviewed by the department manager who asked me six more "tell me about a time when..." questions and the generic "why do you want to work here, why should we hire you questions". As soon as the interview was over the department manager told me I had a great interview and offered me the position. I then was directed to take a drug test right then and there, and as soon as the results cleared I would be starting within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. Did you realize it and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably was able to negotiate for more, but I was just glad to have the job. The department manager told me the salary and I just accepted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process for this company is normally smooth, quick and efficient. It depends a lot on the HR Manager and their ability to select, interview and hire the right person without showing favortism or being too selective. The employees that have worked for Lowe's should be paid better to start than what some of the HR Managers pay them.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Full communication through HR manager. Interviewed with several managers and drug test done in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Either accept or decline