Lowe's Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wake Forest, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

It went well - if you get a call, show up ahead of schedule. Make eye contact, smile, and be prepared to answer questions. Since you will be dealing with customers, they are looking for someone who is able to interact well with other associates as well as providing great customer service.

Interview Questions

• You will get several questions that start with, "Tell me about a time ...." It might be, you dealt with a difficult customer or you worked on a project with someone else or when another employee wasn't doing his or her job and how you dealt with the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an entry level position so no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

As I'm currently out of state for school, they did a phone interview. They called me about 2 hours after I submitted my application, I called them back and we set a day and time for the phone interview (today), and she (HR) proceeded to read from a sheet of situational questions, most requiring me to look back on past work experiences. After about 5 questions, the front manager (or something) came and asked another probably 6 questions. They told me they'd get back about the job by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• None were necessarily unexpected or difficult. I think the most surprising thing was that they didn't ask me what my strengths and weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, it was an hourly position with a high pay.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call about a week after I completed the online application. Interviewed with HR manager. Signed a paper that said I understood the job description. She read off a sheet of paper and wrote down my answers. Mostly "describe a time when" questions. After that an assistant manager asked similar questions. Was called exactly a week later by HR manager with a job offer. I accepted and she sent the background check. Took 2 days to hear back. Went in for drug test (swab test on-site) the next day and given my start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you promised somebody something that you couldn't complete   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered more than I was expecting

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mason, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic, fill out app, they call for interview, first with HR then with a Management Team Member, they ask a series of retail questions, like "why do you want to work for this compay"? and other no brainers, then you have orientation then training for your designated work area, pretty quick less then a week and i was on the payroll, they do drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• There where no difficult questions all where the run of the mill common sence questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no neg, sesonal hourly 10.50 -11.00

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Anderson, IN).

Interview

This was your typical interview that you could expect for a cashier position. I went through three separate interviews, one with the HR representative, one with the assistant manager, and a final one with the General manager. After the final interview I was offered a job on the spot. I then went over information on the job and pay and was given a mouth swab drug test.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview

Was, at first, hired as a seasonal cashier (later became a regular position). Applied online a received phone called from HR a few weeks later. Was interview was a few days later. HR manager was very friendly and out going. So I matched her energy. Typical run of the mill form questions that almost anyone who has had a customer service job should able to handle. Was given a second interview on the spot by an ASM. ASM was a nice guy but much more quite and less out going. Basically asked the same questions. Drug tested on spot (cotton swap). Received a phone call a few days later with an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all situational ( give me a time when..). None stand out as uncommonly hard or unexpected if you have had an interview with form questions before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate start date. Pay was above average for alike jobs in my area so I did not try to negotiate pay.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview

All the questions were behavioral question such as, give me an example of when your worked on a team and what your role was or tell me a time you made a mistake and how you reacted.

Interview Questions

• I was got off guard when they asked about a mistake I had made.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is done by a equation/computer survey based on number of years of service.

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Conroe, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

very easy multiple interviews with various managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how did you fix it/   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chamblee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chamblee, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

phone interview first and then asked to come in for personal interview.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I had 2 interviews they asked basic questions nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember the questions they asked none of the questions were difficult   Answer Question