Lowe's Seasonal Employee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Seasonal Employee Interview Questions

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application process, in-person Computer-based questionnaire, and then one on one interview in the store. There is a skills review portion in addition to a background screening and drug test before an offer will be made for employment. Very professional and courteous hiring process and the company appears to care about its employees quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult challenge and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Quakertown, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First you apply online. They have a terminal at the store to use or you can do it from home. Answer the questionnaire honestly. I then got a couple e-mails including one inviting me to an in-store interview. The interview was quick,maybe ten minutes. Drug test also done after interview.

Interview Questions

• What department did I want to work in?   1 Answer

Seasonal Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2016.

Interview

I saw the "we're hiring" sign inside the store and applied online. I was contacted the following day via email to sign up for an interview slot and went in to interview the next day. I was called the day after my interview with a job offer. The whole process only took 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowes?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when others relied on you to do things accurately.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Highland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Highland, CA).

Interview

If I remember correctly there were 2 interviews, one basic interview, and then another going a little more into personal questions. The second interview was with the manager, and was one on one. The interviewer asked a pretty standard set of questions as far as retail jobs go. They mostly seemed to be looking for candidates with both people skills and some experience working with tools or other home improvement knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to take on a fellow employee's workload because they were not performing their duties. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied for seasonal because it's easyer to get hired. And once I start working there I will switch positions.

The manager will ask you questions about situations you've been in and how you would solve them... it's very easy as long as you had a experience like it. Then right you finish the interview you take your drug test.

Interview Questions

• if you see a customer looking for something in a department your not working in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walkersville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Walkersville, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

They have two-three interviews. At least one of them has to be with the store Manager. They second interview includes drug "swab" test.

Interview Questions

• They ask you many different customer service scenarios that seem similar. "Give and example of a time when you…."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They say "we would like to hire you at …." and then you say yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lincolnwood, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Lots of email and automated phone calls to schedule interview itself. Once I got there, I waited 40 minutes past my scheduled time (In which case I watched the Customer Service dept operation that was a complete mess). Then I got into a small, very unorganized HR office and was read situational questions from a sheet by the HR manager and asst. store manager. Was told they needed to finish the interview process and it would take the rest of the week (this was on a Tuesday), however, I got an offer the next day. Turned it down though because of having to wait and the disorganized mess that was their customer service center.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you failed to deliver on something you promised a customer? What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

HR and customer service seemed to be run poorly, disorganized and simply "going through the motions"

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wichita, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

Lowe's has to interview three people for a position before they make a decision. If people cancel or don't show up for interviews, then you have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting. The interview is two part. The HR manager asks you about situations, then a store assistant manager asks you situation questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you have to take what they think you are worth

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. The Management staff were really trying to get the best match for the position even though it was a temporary position. There were a couple of "layers" with approximately 100 on line questions. Focus on Team orientation and Customer Service/Sales. The interview was very much like the Company structure, professional, focused, systematic. Lowe's clearly wants to produce a high level service to the public and has it's processes lined up to do just that.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the face to face interviews, they were all quite predictable and the same regardless the interviewer...clearly stick to the script! Mainly "describe a time when you had a difficult customer; how did you handle the situation? What did you learn?" Mainly looking for how the interviewee handled the response so a numerical rating could be assigned. Interviewers compared results, made a selection/ offer. The answers are of course subjective and the hiring is from the community. Beyond the numerical ratings, unsure if any other factors were considered. Would of course always look in the mirror and evaluate physical presentation before coming to an interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a Seasonal entry level position...expected the pay to be relatively low and it was. If a permanent position were available and you were able to acquire it, then salary and benefits would follow...really nothing to negotiate at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Sedalia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sedalia, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

HR manager at the time was very thorough. Two interviews were done. One by HR manager and one by the Assistant Sales Manager over the area the position is in.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when a situation did not go as planned, and how did you react to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate your rate as much as possible. I didn't and now I'm being paid less than my peers for the same work.