Lowe's Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied online then after a week recruiter called me and did basic screening. A month later they scheduled online interview and the at last stage on campus visit to meet other team members. Interview process is very interactive and while scheduling interview at various stages they are very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions about core java, database query and query performance related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

Got a call from corporate recruiter after applying via Glassdoor.
    First Call: general details like high level experience, current versus expected package etc. captured.
    Second Call: Set up a technical round.
    Third call: Skype interview, Technical as well as situation based. experienced interview panel. good amount of technical questions. but the questions were very much focused and based on their area of interest and were not broad based on technology.
    Fourth: Onsite interview at corporate headquarters. It was more of a situation based questionnaire and two way discussion rather than an interview.
    Fifth: Negotiation... (really hard :))
    Sixth: Offer.

Interview Questions

• The main thing they will revolve around is scenario based or situation based questions like have you come across a time when you had a disagreement with colleagues etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I didn't get to the interview - I quit applying halfway through an very long and extremely rude application process. I'm writing this so others don't waste their time like I did.

Their online application is page-after-page of information; they basically ask you to re-enter your entire resume, personal history, etc.

THEN after spending a half-hour filling in their form, they get to their killer question: Are you willing to take a drug test? I haven't had anything to fear from a drug test in many years, however, I have no intention whatsoever of working for a company which wants to control my private life.

Had they been considerate enough to ask the question on the first page, they wouldn't have wasted my time nor would I be writing this review.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a drug test?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The first round was telephonic which was technical.
    The second round was a Skype interview with the US team which was a smooth discussion.
    The 3rd round was with the Manager which was techno managerial
    The 4th round was with the director which was a discussion on my previous work.
    The last round was HR discussion which involved salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Working of Hash Map
      Spring MVC flow
      Spring Beans
      Servlet life cycle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall Interview was Average,got a call from Lowe's talent acquisition team for C/C++,UNIX developer position .One round of panel interview happened,they asked very basic C/C++ question and then HR discussion on same day .On next day call with Director.

Interview Questions

• form C/C++ oops concept ,question on virtual ,swapping of 2 arrays without third variable,RTTI concepts, etc....
      From sql/Plsql : views,index,trigger,function some basic data base concept,Analytical function.
      Unix basic command: tr,grep,sed,awk.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Total 3 rounds

1. Telephonic Interview --> Felt bit difficult since interviewer asked so many questions on Struts,Java and Spring. It went for 1.5 hours long.

2. Skype call with US Manager --> Couldn't come online on the scheduled time due to some work at office. Manager called to my number from US and asked me for the time. Questions are Difference between Statement and PreparedStatement, Jquery and Javascript, Design patterns(Singleton and Factory),
    What is Restful?,
    Why do we need dependency Injections?
    What is Spring IOC Container?

3. IT Director round --> Since Director was busy Indian manager has taken and asked few question relelated to project and Junit and Bug fixing process and design aspects.

4. HR --> Went smooth , discussed employee benefits and work culture

Interview Questions

• Why do we need dependency injection?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered more than what I asked. They have very good salary range.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First was a technical interview which lasted for about 50 minutes. Then there was a discussion with the practise head in which he briefed about the project and the expectations that they have from me.
    The next day I got a call from the director and the interview lasted for about 15 minutes where he asked me about my aspirations and other behavioural questions.
    The same evening I got a call from US .They call it US round and this is generally taken on Skype. But they took it on phone for me. This round was purely technical and lasted for about 55 minutes.

Finally there was the HR round where the compensation was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with application upgradation/installation?   Answer Question

Offered CTC was less than the expectation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had got a call through one of the consultants.
    The job is for C and Unix position with MySQL preferred.
    1. The first round was a telephonic interview. Asked questions about Memory leak, how to analyze segmentation fault, some unix commands like run a process in background etc.
    2. The second round was a face to face interview which was again a technical round. He asked the difference above Static and shared library, 2 problems on doubly linked list and wrote the entire code covering all the scenarios. Asked about zombie process, nohup command, how to see the library function calls etc.
    3. The third round was a manager round, which he asked me about the projects I am doing. Also he told me about the feedback for the technical round etc.
    4. The fourth round was with US folks, they asked me like what I know about the company, details about my previous employer, and asked me what you want to do in lowe's etc
    5. Final round was HR round. Discussed about compensation.

The same day got mail to share the documents for offer process.

It's been 2 days since HR round, waiting for offer letter.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to attach a running process to gdb?   1 Answer
    • Add and remove a node from doubly linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There were total 4 rounds on the same day itself, process was fast, it was overall good experience, 1 long technical round, followed by technical-managerial discussion with manager, then VP round and final with HR.

Interview Questions

• covered most of the basic and some advance concept of language you work on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First round was a face to face interview. It went good. Questions were good. Explained nicely. Second round was the HR round. It also went good. They asked good technical questions. Jquery. JavaScript. HTML. Bootstrap. CSS. HTML5. Designer Workflows. PowerBI. Powershell. C#. Hobbies. Good in me. Bad in me. About educations. About CDAC. About current employer. Benefits. Smooth interview. Good questions. Nicely briefed.